Status: Finished .

Impulse

Chapter Twnety - Four .

Emma sat silently, her face set in stone as she stared ahead, Brian’s brown eyes looking from his friends to Emma. She shook her head, she knew she shouldn’t have told them. She knew they weren’t going to be happy for her, they were going to keep her away from Brian now, they were going to make sure she and the baby were as far away from Brian as possible.

She ran her fingers over the back of her neck, tangling the short hairs in her fingers. She looked to everyone, their faces either shocked, or emotionless. She looked down at her hands, waiting for somebody, anybody to break the silence. She could feel the tension building at the table, becoming thicker and thicker. She was aware that it wasn’t going to thin unless one of them got up and left.

“Uhm…” Emma’s voice came out in a low tone as she stood up, snatching her keys from beside her. “I think I should leave.” She explained, reaching over for Amelia. “Come on baby.” She sighed, stepping over Matt’s legs to get out.

Emma set Amelia down on the floor, grabbing her hand and pulling her along. Amelia walked as fast as her legs would allow her to, trying not to stumble and fall. The small girl was happy that she was going to have a new brother or sister.

“Get in the car, Amelia.” Emma ordered, fighting the urge to cry as she got into the car. Sighing, she looked over at Amelia who was buckling herself in. After mocking Amelia’s actions, Emma started the car, pulling out of the driveway.

“I’m happy that you’re having a baby, Momma.” Amelia said from the passenger’s seat.

Emma smiled, glancing over at her daughter. The smile fell from her face as she drove in silence, her breathing was slow, her stomach was growling, hunger pains began to strike. Running her hand over her sweating forehead, Emma thought back to when she heard her baby’s heartbeat for the first time, a small smile crept over her face.

She was happy, happy that she was going to be able to start over again, with a new baby. A baby that wouldn’t have to be exposed to Brian, she realized that the child would most likely grow up without a father, yet, it didn’t disturb her one bit. She was going to have to play both parts, and she was okay with that, she just hoped that she could give her child the life she knew he or she deserved.

She hoped her friends and family would accept the baby, and support her decision to keep the child. They would see the baby as a way for Emma to go back, and a reason for Brian to try harder to see her again. If they didn’t approve of what she was doing, she wasn’t going to care, it was her life, and she wasn’t going to let a few people tell her what to do.

Pulling up to her parent’s house, Emma stopped her car, pulling the keys from the ignition. Unbuckling herself, Emma got out of the car, slamming the door behind her. Walking over to Amelia’s side, she grabbed her daughter’s hand and lead her up to the house. The two girls walked inside the air conditioned house, seeing Jacob and a red haired girl on the couch, watching television.

“Lets go upstairs, take a nap. Does that sound good?” Emma asked, leading her daughter to the stairs.

“Yeah.” Amelia answered.

The two girls walked into Emma’s bedroom, shutting the door behind them. Amelia took a seat on the bed, pulling off her shoes. Emma strolled into her bathroom, stripping herself of her clothing and shoes, pulling her hair into a high ponytail. She grabbed a large t-shirt from the hamper to the right, throwing it on and walking back into her bedroom to see Amelia laying on top of the covers, remote in hand as she flipped through channels, reminding Emma all too much of her father.

“Scoot over, Amelia.” Emma chuckled, taking a seat beside Amelia, only to have her daughter crawl into her lap, resting her head against her mother’s chest.

“Momma. Am I gonna be able to see my new baby brother or sister?” Amelia asked quietly.

Emma smiled. “Of course you are, baby.” She answered, rubbing Amelia’s back.

“You’re not gonna forget about me?” Amelia asked, her voice holding a shocked tone.

Emma buried her face into her daughter’s hair, taking in her sent while wrapping her arms under Amelia’s legs. “I’d never forget about you, Amelia. You’re my baby, and you always will be, no matter how many more children I have.” Emma explained.

“They don’t like me, Momma. They don’t love me like they say they do… She lets him hurt me. She doesn’t care, she’s always gone, at work. She doesn’t cuddle with me, she doesn’t like to. She yells at me when I get a bad grade. And she calls me stupid. You never called me stupid, Momma. They don’t treat me like you do. I don’t wanna go back, please don’t make me.” Amelia whispered into her mother’s chest.

“Go to sleep, Amelia.” Emma said softly, pulling the covers from the bed up to her shoulders, over Amelia’s head, just how she liked it.

----
Hours passed, and Emma was woken up by the sound of knocking on the door. Rubbing at her eyes, she looked down to see that Amelia’s feet lay on her lap now.

“Come in.” Emma muttered, stretching her arms above her head.

The door opened, revealing Brian’s large frame as he stepped into the room. Emma was shocked that he was here, even more so that he had gotten into the house. She tensed, the hurt look in his eyes being ignored. She swallowed hard, flinching when he thrust his hand into her face. Emma looked down to see her purse in his hand.

“You left it at the table when you left.” He said, setting it beside her. “I thought I’d bring it by…” He explained. “The guys weren’t mad, Emma. They were just… shocked, is all.” He explained to her, putting her fears to rest. “I think they’re going to call you in the morning, or something. Give you some time.” He looked at her.

“Oh. Okay…” She said, sighing. “Uhm. Not to be rude, but, why are you still here?” She asked.

“I wanted to talk to you, and see Amelia. Is that a crime?” He asked, laughing.

Emma shook her head. “No. Its not… But if you want to talk, I think we should go on the balcony, away from Amelia. I don’t want to wake her up, she’s had a rough few days.” She explained to him.

“Okay. Let’s go then.” He said, leading Emma to the balcony.

The two walked up to the balcony, Emma walked up to the railing and sighed, looking out to the ocean. Brian walked up behind her, pressing his body against hers as he ran his fingers up and down her arms. She looked over at his fingers and sighed in ease.

“Emma. I want to be with you. I’m getting the help I need. I made an appointment.” He told her, grasping her hand. “I’m doing this for us, Amelia, the new baby. And the babies we’re going to have in the future.” He said.

Emma turned around, pushing Brian away from her. “If you’re really trying Brian… I’m sick and tired of being your punching bag just because you can’t control yourself!” She exclaimed. “If you’re serious about this, I want to go to your appointments with you, I want to make sure you’re taking your medication, and I want to see some improvement. I’m not playing around with you Brian, I’m serious.” She said, poking him in the chest.

“Okay. Just please, come back.” He pleaded, throwing pride to the wind. He stared down at her, his eyebrows furrowed in a pained expression, grasping her hands. Emma sighed, looking down at their hands. “Just come home with me tonight, Emma. You and Amelia. I’ve changed, I swear.” He spoke.

Emma looked up at Brian, his face inches away. She stepped forward, biting her lip as she glances at his eyes. He smiled softly, leaning down, pressing his lips to hers in a soft, loving kiss. Emma pulled away from him, cheeks flushed. She sighed, smiling as she nodded.

“Let me go get our things.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh ; One More Chapter Left .
Crazy , Isn't It ?
I Will Not Lie ; I Am Going To Miss The Living Fuck Out Of This Story .
But , Everything Must Come To An End ; Sadly .
The Link To My New Story Will Be In The Last Chapter .
Mhm .
Read .
VampAngel77 , MsSynnieVengeance , Random13 , hachie , Zackylicious , XtremeFairy , MusicMadness , xXAvenged_AngelXx , beautifulbeth , mistery gurl , Fallin_For_You , autumnfreakshow , FernFamicide , helloeyeloveyou , Quinn Daniels , Starlit , & gotta_luv_synyster .
Thanks For The Comments !

10Comments