Look At What I Deal With

Ball?

At first I thought the events from yesterday were just a dream when I woke up. Katherine would never ruin her image to protect me from Troy. It was impossible. It was like expecting God to come down to Earth and scowl everyone for being sinners. It just couldn't happen until Katherine walked in all ready for school.

"Are you ready?"

I looked at the time. It was seven fifty two! I was terribly late. I darted for the bathroom to brush my teeth. I straighten my bangs and brushed my hair until it fell into curly waves on my shoulders. I ran to my closet putting on a pair of black skinny jeans, a white v-neck t-shirt, a stripped black and white cardigan, and slid on my converses.

I quickly reached for my phone and I-pod and grabbed my book bag off the floor and ran down the stairs. Kate was coming up the stairs so I quickly said bye before running to my car. I reached for the door when I realized I forgot my keys. Fuck! I slammed my fist against the side of the car.

"Just come with me."

Katherine opened the passenger door and I got in. This was weird. I knew Katherine was a "changed" person but I thought this was just an act. It had to be. She couldn't actually be nice to me? Come on! This was Katherine we were talking about. She as a cruel cold hearted person who hated me! I moved as far away from her as I could, scared that she might just start being her old self again and start yelling at me to get out her car.

When we pulled into the schools parking lot heads turned. They did a double take when they saw me in the car. i think I was going to puke. The faster I got out of this car the better I would be. Katherine parked her car near the front entrance where I saw Leo on the front steps sitting and looking up at the gloomy skies.

"Thanks for the ride."

I got out the car and walked towards Leo who looked my direction when he heard the car door slam.

"You did not just come out of Katherine's car?"

I grinned at his comment. Leo's shaggy hair was pulled behind his ears neatly. He wore faded jeans with his converse and a burgundy hoodie. I couldn't help but notice his deep green eyes. The were like two emeralds. I took a seat next to him.

"She is a changed person. She told Troy off and everything."

Leo laughed.

"You are lieing."

"I wish I was. God this is freaking weird. She is so...nice. I kind of miss her yelling."

The bell rand and we both walked to our class. The day seemed to past by really fast. My classes were like a breeze and when it was time for lunch I met Leo in the library. We sat in the same spot were I first met him. We just talked until the bell rang and went to class. My afternoon classes were done before I knew it and I went home with Katherine.

When I entered the house I saw Kate in the living room with a bunch of shopping bags.

"Hey girls. We are going to a ball to meet the new family that moved into the house on the hill. I ran into the mother in the mall. She is so nice."

Who in the world attended balls now an days.

"I bought both of you a one in a kind dress I got from Liz. You remember her Katherine? She use to make your pageant dresses. I passed by and she was gladly to help your dresses. I felt bad since it was on such late notice but she made the dress. They look beautiful."

I could hear the excitement in her voice. I looked at Katherine who was looking at her mother as though she was an alien.

"Mom who goes to balls to meet a family?"

"Apparently the Constantine's do. here."

She passed us a bag.

"The ball is at eight so be ready by then."

oh god this was something new. A ball? Dresses and high hells weren't my thing at all. I could barley take a step in high heels before falling. What was Kate thinking when she agreed to go to the ball? I wasn't ready for this. Not even by a long shot.

-Get ready now and when you chance comes, ride it for all it's worth.