Look At What I Deal With

Broken Plate

Waking up that morning felt weird. I don’t know what it was but I could sense it. I looked out my curtain and saw Leo staring in watching me like a cat. He smiled and reached down some where to his right. He pulled out a note book with a black marker. He looked down and began to write something on a blank page. I looked over to my clock and it read six forty. I looked back and Leo capping his marker and turned the book. It read:

Good morning lovely Emily.

I smiled and got out of bed. I was still in the same clothes from yesterday because I fell asleep in these and Katherine didn’t step into my room to wake me up like she usually did. I got a fresh pair of panties and a bra and headed for the bathroom. I took a shower in nice warm water, washing my hair and washing my body. When I got out I wrapped myself in a towel and began to blow dry my hair. I turned on my flat iron and went to my room to find something to wear.

I took out a pair of black jeans, a gray long sleeve shirt , and my gray vans. I quickly got dressed and went to go do my hair. By the time I was done with all this it was seven twenty. I still had a good twenty minuets before school. I could hear Katherine in her room opening her closet. I sat on my bed and reached for my phone pulling it off its charger. I went down stairs and poured myself a cup of orange juice. Today was going to be different with Leo. Hopefully things would be at least. Leo was hurt. He didn’t want the part of him he thought he left in Texas to come back. It scared him to death and it scared me. Leo never broke down in tears.

I was worried about him. Never in m wildest dream would I ever expect Leo to have these serious anger problems. Yeah people had them but Leo? It just wasn’t believable. All because of Robert kissing me. If it were never to have happened Leo wouldn’t have been going through this. It is my fault. It was. My phone vibrated on the table. It was a text message from Leo reading :

Care to join me for breakfast?

I smiled and went upstairs to get my book bag, iPod, and my car keys. I told Katherine that I was going to leave and she said ok but if she could borrow a pair of teal studs. I told her were they were and headed to Leo’s house. He opened the door and kissed me gently. He pulled away smiling and I followed him into the kitchen dropping my book bag in the living room. Today Leo looked more...more... hot? He wore a pair of loose black skinny’s, with a blood red long sleeve shirt, with black vans that looked brand new. His hair was messy in a sexy way. It was in the emo style I guess. There were two plates set up at the table with pancakes, eggs, and bacon with orange juice.

I took the seat closest to the window. Everything looked good on my plate.

"You cooked all of this?”"

I took a bite of my pancakes. They were delicious. They were warm like they came off the pan.

"Yeah. Is it hard to believe?"

He smiled.

'No.”

We both continued to eat.

"I think you cook way better than me."

'Well I am always cooking for my mom when she doesn’t feel like it or is tired. Plus I learned from the best. My mom is the best cook I know but she hardly cooks anymore.'

"I guess good cooks runs in the family than."

We both began to laugh.

"I guess it does."

My phone vibrated in my pocket. Who would be texting me? I pulled out my phone and it was Robert. Out of all people not Robert right now. Leo didn’t need this. The message read:

Good morning love.

I guess Leo read the expression off my face.

"Who is it?"

'No one."

"It has to be because you look like you just saw a ghost."

I couldn’t tell him it was Robert. He nearly killed him yesterday. But who could I say it was? This will affect Leo right now. He just had an emotional break down.

"It was-"

"Robert."

He looked down at his food grabbed his plate and threw it in the sink before walking out into the living room. The plate shattered with the impact sending glass everywhere. I got out of my chair and followed him all the way to his room. He slammed the door to his room when I reached the top of the stairs. I wouldn’t say I was scared but a surge of panic rose in me. I opened his door slowly and saw him standing towards his window with his back towards me. His arms were folded across his chest. I made my way towards him.

"Leo.'

My voice was soft. I touched his arm and he turned around. His eyes were red but there was no sign of him crying at all. I hugged him and at first he just stood there but then he hugged me back. He stroked my hair while his shoulder shook.

'Everything is going to be fine Leo. Trust me. If Robert is the problem I will stop talking to him for now. Don’t worry ok?'

He pulled away and stared me in the eyes.

'I don’t want to be like this Emily. I don’t. It scares me."

'You won’t. You won’t hurt no one ok?"

I stood on my tip toes and kissed him. He put his hand around my waist and pulled me closer. Maybe Leo will loose it a couple of time before he realizes that I won’t give up on him. I would stand by him if that means putting myself on the line. I will help him and in order to do that Robert had to be out the picture for the moment. He was hurting Leo and by me talking to him was hurting him even more. I wouldn’t do this to him. He hurt people who cared for him but I will be here to help him get through this. I will be here for him.

We can't help everyone, but anyone can help someone.
Dr. Loretta Scott: Helping