Look At What I Deal With

Vanilla and Cinnamon

"Emily!"

It was Katherine's voice at the bottom of the stairs. I was laying in bed listening to my I-pod when I looked out my window to see the guy in faded jeans staring at me from his bedroom window. He wasn't wearing his faded jeans and white t-shirt anymore but a black t-shirt with a pair of jeans. Even when I looked at him he didn't seem to care he just kept peering in.

It was six and there was nothing to do. I had finished my homework around five and Kate wasn't home yet. I called her but it went straight to voice mail. I had no idea where she was. Katherine was probably with her friends and Tim was at work as usual or a bar getting drunk. I finished listening to a song and that's when I heard the door slam and Katherine yell my name. Oh boy! What now? I still laid in bed until she came up the stairs to my bedroom.

"What do you want?"

I didn't bother to stare at her. I just laid there skimming through all my songs. I looked out my window to see the guy had left from his room. His door was open and he wasn't there.

"I heard you punch my father."

"And?"

Katherine made her way over to me. Her face was filled with rage and her face was red I could almost see the steam come out her ears.

"Why the fuck did you hit him?"

I could easily tell her the truth as to what happened but I knew Kate didn't want that. I got up and faced her. She looked down at me. I was calm and just waited for her to keep going on as to why I was wrong which I won't be listening to but she didn't.

"WELL?"

She yelled. That's when I lost it. I was OK if she kept going on and on as to how I was going to be in trouble and crap but she didn't. How the fuck is she going to yell at me if she didn't know the truth as to why I hit him? That fucking spoiled brat only cares about her dam make up.

"Shut the fuck up! I punched him because I had to! Got it! If you have a problem go ahead and tell your mom I don't give a shit! She isn't going to say anything to me!"

She stared at me like she was ready to jump on top of me and claw at my face. I got up to my feet and stared to walk toward her as she started to back away.

" Don't you dare yell at me OK! I'm not your fucking daughter you can raise you voice at!"

"And your not someone who could hit my father!"

"Your father is a dam jackass and if you got a problem solve it!"

Those were the last words I said to her before I stormed out my room and out to the backyard where I slammed the door and went over to the swing set. I still had my I-pod on and it was still blasting music. The sun was setting and it was insanely cold. I was so mad I just left the house without even grabbing a sweater. I was just wearing a white tan top and sweats with socks.

I began to push myself on the swing slowly trying not to pay much attention to the cold. After a couple of swing I saw someone sitting on the stairs next door at our new neighbors house. I didn't notice who it was until the figure got up and made his way toward the fence as he rested his arms and watched me as I stopped.

"Here."

He took off his dark red hoodie and held it out to me. I got up and walked over to where he was taking the hoodie and putting it over my head. It was big on me the sleeves passing my hands but it was warm. He was taller than me when he stood straight.

"Thanks."

There was a moment of awkward silence.

"Did you here the fight?"

I questioned.

"Yeah."

"Oh."

We stood there just looking at each other and I noticed the faint freckles that sprinkled his cheeks. His hair was more of a light brown like a milky chocolate color as it flowed in the breeze. The cold didn't seem to bother him at all. A couple of minutes his voice scared me.

"Who was that yelling?"

"Katherine."

"Oh." He paused. "What she said is true? About you hitting her father."

I looked down to my feet.

"Yeah."

A moment of silence.

"Why?"

"Because he hit Kate. Her mo-"

I stopped realizing I said to much. I looked up and I guess he noticed by the terror in my face. It just slipped out. I couldn't tell Katherine but I just told a stranger the truth. I wasn't suppose to but it came out. I screwed myself. I began to panic thinking of Katherine finding out the truth of her abusive father.

"Don't worry I won't say anything."

"Thanks."

His face was understanding and I knew that he wasn't going to tell anyone what I just told him. I was relieved.

"Leo!"

A female voice came from his house.

"Ella keeps on crying and I don't know what to do to make her stop!"

He looked over his shoulder to see a female standing near the back door holding a baby in her arms as she shook her up and down as she squirmed in her arms.

"My mom needs me. I will see you later."

I nodded and he jogged over to her and took the baby out of her arms. He raised her up in the air and slowly he began to bend his knees, straightening them out, and after two times she stopped crying. He then held her in her arms as he walked in closing the door behind him. I watched in amazement.

"Wow."

I walked back to the house and into my room before realizing I still had his hoodie on. It smelled of vanilla and Cinnamon. I smiled taking it off sliding it onto a hanger and put it in my closet. The door opened.

"I'm home!"

It was Kate. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen were she sat at the kitchen table unpacking a bag from Baby R Us.

"Who is that for?"

Kate looked up and smiled.

"It's for the baby next door. I went over while you were in school and she needed to get things for the baby but her son was at school so I offered to get it for her."

"Oh."

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Yeah sure."

"Can you bring it over later I have to cook dinner."

"Sure but I'm going to take a shower first."

"Thanks."

Kate smiled and I took the bag and ran up to my room. I don't know but I wanted to go over there fore some reason. This was my ticket in. I was excited.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Hunter S. Thompson
♠ ♠ ♠
I had problem with this chapter. I thought I finished it but when I looked at it again some of it was erased. Sorry.