Status: Paused

Regrets & Romance

Chapter Seven: Pinpricks on My Skin.

Why are they watching me?

STOP IT!

Stop staring at me!

God, I can just feel their eyes, burning into my flawed skin.

I'm just walking, walking through the dining hall and they all keep staring at me. The Insane. They're just watching me.

I break out into a sprint and tear down the hallway and into my room, where I can see Gerard sitting on his bed drawing with charcoal pencils.

I jump onto the bed then under the covers, away from their stares.

"Corinne? Corinne, are you okay? What wrong?" I hear he, worry in his voice.

It's fake. No one cares about stupid little Corinne.

"Leave. Me. Alone!" I yell, the covers muffling the sound.

"Corinne, what's going on? What happened?" I hear him again, then feel his weight move the bed as he sits down at my feet. I pull them up to my chest and lay on my side like a scared child. My fingers are clawing at my skin, the feeling of their stares still there. Pinpricks. Painful, deep pinpricks. I start pulling at my hair, pulling out a few strands. No, not a few, a lot. Chunks.

"I WANT OUT! GET ME OUT OF HERE!" I yell again, and start to rip up my skin with my long nails. Gerard rips the covers off of me and grabs a hold of me.

"CORINNE! CORINNE STOP!" he's yelling, but I don't listen. I feel the skin start to peel off of my arms, my neck and parts of my face.

"Corinne! Tell me what's wrong!" he yells again, trying to stop my hands from ripping myself apart.

"THE PINPRICKS GERARD! IT'S THE PINPRICKS! THEY'RE STARING AT ME AND I GET THE PINPRICKS, THEY HURT GERARD!" I yell and fight back against Gerard. I can see blood on his face and his hoodie but I pay no mind. My body is just fighting back, fighting off Gerard, fighting off their stares, fighting off the pinpricks.

"God dammit! WHERE IS THE HELP IN THIS DAMN PLACE!" he screams, trying to get someone else to help him stop me from mutilating myself.

"NO! NOOO!" I scream franticly, "KEEP THEM AWAY FROM ME, KEEP THE PINPRICKS AWAY!"

I feel tears start to flow down my face, heavy tear drops. My fingers are dumb from ripping up my skin, I can feel the ripped of skin of my arms, neck, and face underneath my fingernails.

I hear running footsteps and two big men show up in the doorway, a nurse behind them with a needle.

"NO! NO! GERARD KEEP THEM AWAY! GERARD!" I stop clawing at myself and try to hide, trembling in Gerard's bloody shirt.

"Corinne, they're going to help you!"

He's going to let them hurt me. He doesn't really care about me.

"YOU GET AWAY FROM ME TOO! GET AWAY! GET! AWAY!" I yell and push away from him and the pinpricks come back. I claw again, my skin burning as the flesh is just being ripped away. The men come over to me and grab my arms, trying not to hurt me anymore than I've hurt myself. Gerard gets up and moves over to his bed, and out of my eye sight. My eyes go to the big men holding my arms down, pinning me to the bed. I'm still screaming, my throat starting to go numb. I see the nurse walk towards me with the needle and bend down next to me.

"Corinne, you need to calm down, every thing's going to be alright." The nurse says quietly to me, kneeling down to my level at the bed.

"NOO! GET AWAY!"

"Corinne-" she starts again, but I cut her off.

"FUCK YOU! GET AWAY FROM ME! I HATE EVERYONE HERE! THEY ALL STARE AT ME. ALL THEY DO IS STARE AT ME! AND IT BURNS! IT FUCKING BURNS!" I yell, my words cutting in and out, my throat on fire.

"Corinne, I'm going to have to sedate you if you don't calm down." she whispered, not affected at all by my screaming.

"AHHHH GET AWAY!" I scream, not listening to her threat.

She sighed and stuck the needle into my arm, earning a screech from me and a quiet groan from somewhere else in the room. I think it was Gerard, he told me he wasn't good with needles, even if they weren't near him.

I felt my body relax and my mind calm down. The pinpricks slowly went away and so did the men holding me down. The nurse stayed and a few other nurses came in the door holding bandages and ointment. My vision started to get blurry, the medication really starting to set in. I looked over the nurse's shoulder and saw Gerard and saw tears in his eyes.

I made him cry.

He really does care about me.