Status: Paused

Regrets & Romance

Chapter Nine: Happy Birthday.

okay guys seriously, i'm in need of some more comments.
thank you to allison; radiohead. , Rawr.Material. , and IBrought3Cheers4TBP for commenting on the last chapters i have written up. even though i'm thankful, it's only 3 comments for 2 chapters. and i can't live on 3 comments for 2 chapter updates. if i don't start getting more comments, this story might go on hiatus.

love you guys,
--plague.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What are we doing today Gerard?" I ask quietly as I set my orange juice back on the tray on my bed.

Gerard and I don't eat breakfast in the dining hall anymore, we eat in our room so I don't have another breakdown.

"Ohhh, just a few things."

"Like..."

"Liiiiike...CELEBRATING YOUR BIRTHDAY!" he yells, making me cringe at his loudness.

"How'd you know?" I've been trying to avoid this day. I hate birthdays.

"Sandra told me." he gets up and comes and sits next to me on the bed, almost tipping over my orange juice.

We got a nurse assigned to our room ever since my breakdown. She's a plump lady, very nice. Gives me candy.

"We get to get out of all of the normal activities today and we can do whatever we want." he gave the biggest smile I've ever seen. I think he's more excited for me turning 25 than I am.

"Gerard, I don't want the pinpricks to come back." I said, and felt myself shiver.

"You won't, I promise. We can stay in here if you want and we can draw, or we can have Sandra bring the TV in here and we can watch some TV or a movie. Or we can go outside and lay under that big tree you like. And I'll hang some blankets off the tree limbs so no one can watch us, except the nurses or course."

I gave him this look, saying I'm not so sure.

"Pleeeease?" he begged. "You'll have fun, I promise."

I sighed. He's not going to give up.

"....Fine."

"YES!" he yelled, and I covered up my ears.

"Oh sorry." he gave a small smile.

I put my hands back down and a small amount of pain shot up my arms, making my face contort into an expression of pain.

"You okay Corinne?"

"Yeah, just a little pain. That's all." I said, reassuring him.

He gave me a worried look, but was soon rid of it when Sandra walked through the door with a huge smile on her round face.

"Morning Corinne, all done with your breakfast?" she asked, her southern accent prominent.

I gave a nod in return. I'm still shy around her. She came over and took the tray off my bed, leaving the orange juice on the new small medicine table at the end of my bed. She's already figured out that I have a great liking of orange juice.

She walked out into the hallway and handed the tray to another nurse gathering up the spare trays and came back in.

"Are you not going to eat Gerard?" she asked him.

"I ate earlier, before Corinne woke up." he smiled.

"Oh okay." she looked to me, "Happy Birthday Corinne." another big smile came across her face.

I looked down at my lap and nodded a thank you.

"Such a shy one you are child. Well Gerard, what are you two going to do today?"

"Corinne hasn't told me what she wants to do yet."

The pinpricks didn't come when I felt their eyes on me waiting for an answer. I guess I trust them more than I think I do.

"Draw for a little bit, then outside." I said so quietly, they barely heard me.

"I'll go get some art supplies for you two." I heard Sandra say, then her heels tapped off towards the art room.

"Gerard," I started.

"Yeah, Corinne?"

"I'm glad we're friends."