Baby Baker

Chapter 9

Image

"Sendra, I won't lie. I really do have a lot of fun with you," Trey said as we sat in his car outside of my house.

"Well, I have fun with you, too."

"What would you say if I said I wanted to ask you out." Aw, he's sounds so shy!

"Then I guess I would have to tell you, I would like if you did ask me."

He smiled and took my hand. "Okay, for real. Sendra, will you go out with me?"

"Yes, I will." He leaned in and kissed me cheek. There was a sudden tap on the window. I looked over his shoulder and saw Zack.

"I'm going to kick his ass one day," I sighed, opening the door. "I'll call you later," I said, before closing the door. I walked to the house, ignoring Zack the whole way.

"Come on, Sen! I'm sorry! I know that was a jackass move and I'm sorry. Please just talk to me." I could tell he was desperate now. This could work to my advantage... No! Bad Sendra!

I sighed. "It was just like a slap in the face when you brought that up, Zack."

"I know! And I didn't mean to!"

I looked at him for a few minutes, before caving. He‘s my brother. I have to forgive him at some point… "It's ok. I forgive you."

"I said I was so- What?" I smiled, walking over to him and hugging him.

"I said I forgive you," I said, looking up at him. Damn, why did I have to be so short?!

He smiled and squeezed me tight. "I love you, lil‘ sis," he said, kissing the top of my head.

"By ten minutes!"

"Hey! Every minute counts!" I just rolled my eyes and pushed him playfully.

"So you'll forgive him, but not me?" I heard Brian say. I turned to look at him. Really? He was still at it? That boy is so stubborn!

"He's my brother, Brian."

"So? I'm like your second brother."

"He's my twin."

"Still! I'm sorry!" I shook my head and started walking away. "Sendra, stop being so god damn stubborn."

"Look who's talking." I went to the living room and plopped down onto the couch next to Matt. I lay my head in his lap as he ran his fingers through my hair, slowly putting me to sleep.

My dreams wandered back to a few years ago. Back when I partied all night and my brother took care of me. Back when I didn't have a care in the world. Back when I gave everything to one guy who I thought actually cared about me. Back when I got my heart broken and trampled on. Back when I could have saved her, but I didn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short sorry! :) On the phone with my boyfriend in the spirit of Valentine's Day since we'll both be busy tomorrow.