Can You Hear Me?

Fearless

“Dear Blog,

Sorry I didn’t update on Friday, I was in the hospital. Don’t worry, I’m and healthy and so is Sage. She is still in good condition. I am very excited to report that she is due for sure on the fifth of January. Being stuck in a bed, I don’t have any updates about the patients. But I promise to report tomorrow.”


Joshua closed his laptop and waited for the nurse to come check on him. He sighed and leaned back into his pillow, hoping someone was feeding his cat, Sampson. The quiet sounds of the heart monitor almost put him asleep.

“Mr Parks?” the quiet young nurse asked, walking into his room. “You’re transportation has arrived. They will be up here in a second to bring you to Hope Fields.” She was about to leave when she turned to face Joshua. “Sir, may I ask you something?”

Joshua laughed, “You just did,” he could tell she didn’t enjoy his comfort being with him. “Go ahead.” He smiled.

“Are you afraid?” she asked. Josh rubbed his chin and then ran his calloused hand through his brown hair.

“What’s your name?” he asked, peering at her name tag, “Lily, I stopped being scared a long time ago. But that’s not why I am transferring to Hope Fields.” Josh flashed her a wide grin and waited for his ride to Hope Fields Hospital showed up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please? Subscribe too!