Status: Completed. Go subscribe to I Hate Myself Without You

Cross My Heart

Road to the MMVA's

“I swear to God, if we don't get off this plane soon I'm going to kill someone.” Keith said.

“We haven't even taken off yet,” Josline said.

“I would have preferred to drive to Toronto,” Keith grumbled.

“Oh, just shut up and put your headphones in.” Marque said. Keith grumbled to himself and put his headphones on over top of his head. Soon you could hear the faint sound of his music coming through the headphones. Marque smiled slightly and leaned his head on my shoulder. Marianas Trench was also on the plane with us. Josline was sitting in the row adjacent of us with Josh, and Matt. Mike, Ian, and Marianas Trenches sound guy, Brett were sitting behind Marque, Keith and I; Marianas Trench had a few shows in Ontario after the MMVA's.

“You know, we don't even have a sound guy! We've been around longer than these guys! Why don't we have a sound guy?” I complained.

“It's because we're THAT indie, Airin.” Josline said, turning her head to face me.

“It's because you're not part of 604.” Matt commented.

“It's because our manager hates us.” Marque stated.

“It's because life hates us.” I said.

“It's because shut up.” Keith commented before sliding his headphones on his head again. Marque chuckled lightly and put his head back on my shoulder. Within minutes, Marque had fallen asleep. He could fall asleep in the weirdest places. Keith had his head leaned against the window of the plane. The pilot came on over the intercom telling everyone to buckle up. Marque quickly did his up and leaned back against me. Josline had brought her legs up and curled them under her and she pressed herself against Josh. I smiled lightly and rested my head on top of Marques. It was going to be a long flight.

“Oh my God! Land that doesn't move!” Was the first thing that came out Keith's mouth when he got out of the plane. I expected him to lay on the ground and stay there for a bit, but he didn't. Josline laughed lightly. “I don't care what you guys are doing when we have to leave, but I'm taking the Grey Hound!” Keith complained, walking into the airport terminal.

“You can do that. While you're travelling from Toronto to Vancouver by bus, we'll be enjoying a nice celebratory drink at some bar. Without you.” Josline said the last two words threateningly, but you could hear the humour in her voice. Keith eyed her evilly but chuckled as well.

The next few days went by as smoothly as peanut butter. We went to sound check the night before and it went well. I wanted to do the rooftop performance, but another band, Finger Eleven, got that one. We were on one of the main stages. Josline and Keith were absolutely pumped. We weren't doing anything extremely special, aside from some firework type explosions. We were pretty much going to play the song and be done with it. Knowing Josline, she was going to use the stage to her advantage. She had an illuminating stage presence. Our stage set up had a weird robotic feel to it, and it looked really cool.

Everyone was getting hair and make-up done. Josline was taking the longest, because her hair was the longest. I had my camera out filming what was happening so I could upload it to out YouTube page. I pointed the camera at myself, “See, I'm all done. I've been done for twenty minutes,” I turned the camera to Marque and Keith, “Marque's been done for about 5, and Keith has been done for a little over 15 minutes. Now, where's Josline?” I pointed the camera towards my sister. The hairdresser was hooking up the hair dryer. “Her hair wash took what? 10 minutes? 20 minutes?” I said. Josline turned her head of wet hair towards me.

“It only took so long because all of you guys were being drama queens and wanted your hair over and done with.” Josline said turning her head back towards the mirror.

“No, it's because you're a fucking princess and you take so long.” I said. The hair dryer started and Josline raised her middle finger at me. I laughed and shut the camera off.

Josline's hair was done in about 20 minutes, and it looked very messy, but very good. Josline could pull off long hair. Her short hair made her look like she was 15. We left soon after and started to make our way down to Much Music. We decided to get tandem bikes, because we were really that cool. Josline had a hard time getting on the bike, because of her dress and shoes. It was the first time I had seen her wear a dress since Olivia and Keith's wedding. I was on a bike with Keith, Josline and Marque were on a bike together.

The red carpet at the MMVA's was always crazy, and this time it was no exception. When we rolled up on our bikes, everyone was cheering like crazy, but they had been like that all afternoon. Marque actually had to pick Josline up off the bike so she wouldn't expose her lady parts. Some one took the bikes away and one of the VJ's, Sarah started talking to us. I missed what the question was, but I heard Josline answer, “It's very hard to ride a bike in a dress and heels!” She exclaimed.

“Why the bikes?” Sarah asked us.

“We're going Eco-friendly this year.” Marque answered.

“We did want to sky-dive in, but knowing our lack of coordination, we would have killed ourselves.” I answered.

“I suggested elephants, but no one listened to me.” Keith laughed, as did Sarah. We eventually made our way down the red carpet, signing autographs and taking pictures. We talked to some of the other artists, had a few drinks and then the show started. We all hung around back stage until we were ushered to where a pair of stairs were for the third time. The two Canadian Artist awards had been given out. There were 3 other bands around. I looked up at the TV screen and they were presenting Much LOUD rock video of the year. The nominees were shown on the screen. I gripped Marque and Josline's hands. I was surprisingly nervous. I could feel Josline's hand shaking underneath my grip. We listened to the presenters, who just so happened to be Marianas Trench.

“And the winner for Much LOUD rock video is...” I squeezed Marque and Josline's hands even tighter. “Ellaries Dollhouse!” I let go of Josline and Marque's hands. I hugged Marque, then Josline, the Keith, and we were told to get up on stage. We all walked out, people were cheering and clapping quite loud. We all exchanged hugs with the guys in the band and Matt handed Josline the award. Devon was the one who had the microphone. Josline and Devon hugged briefly.

“Congratulations guys!” Devon said. Devon handed over the microphone to Josline.

“Oh, wow! This will look really good on the top of my bookcase! I really don't even know what to say. Well, I'd like to thank Joe who directed our video for High Tide, and all the extra's on the video shoot.” Josline handed the microphone over to Keith.

“And thank you to all the fans who have watched our videos and have stayed loyal during the rough times we've been having.” Keith smiled.

“This one's for you!” Josline said into the microphone and raised the award up. The audience cheered again. We quickly got off stage and Josline had to go get changed because our performance was after the break. Josline came back out 3 minutes later from a dressing room and we got rushed to the performance area. I sat behind the drum set, Marque got his bass, Keith got the guitar and Josline set herself up behind the keyboard. Some one introduced us and I started up the drum beat. The bass and keyboard started playing, and finally the guitar. Josline pressed one of the pre-recorded tracks and unhooked her microphone.

Hey now,
Ya looking nice in your tight blue jeans.
And hey babe
We're going to rock it up tonight.
With our electric hearts
they're going to spark, spark it away.

We're going to dance the night away,
Never think I'm letting you go.
We don't need no energy
We just need to feel that frequency baby
tonight.

Well you don't know
just how much I fear
that you wont ever be there
You're lookin' so fine, and out of control
Just don't forget me when you're out on your own

We're going to dance the night away,
Never think I'm letting you go.
We don't need no energy
We just need to feel that frequency baby
tonight.

Oh how about you don't forget
the times we had, the memories
Don't forget to hold on.

We're going to dance the night away,
Never think I'm letting you go.
Never think I'm letting you go.

We're going to dance the night away,
Never think I'm letting you go.
We don't need no energy
We just need to feel that frequency baby
tonight.


Josline pumped her fist up that was holding the microphone into the air and the fireworks went off. Everyone around the stage cheered. Josline turned to look at the rest of us and smiled. She turned back to the crowd and took a small bow and walked back to the keyboard to put her mike back on the stand. We all linked our hands with one another and took a big bow.

It was then where I realized that I wanted to do this the rest of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now, I can't remember the MMVA's back when Finger Eleven had the rooftop performance, so forgive me for any major fuck-ups.
Josline - MMVA's
Performance
and I've decided that I suck at writing songs. >.<
and I HAD to make a Jersey Shore reference, because I didn't know how else to describe Josline holding her microphone up in the air.