Status: Completed :)

It's a Love Story, Baby Just Say...

Baby Daddy

Stephen POV

How the Hell did this happen? Of course I knew the technical answer but really, pregnant?
I realized I hadn't said anything yet and Taylor looked like she was about to pass out.

"Are you positive?" she shrugged carelessly.

"I took a store bought test, and on the way here I made a doctor's appointment. Steph I hardly doubt the doctor test will come back negative." she closed her eyes and pursed her lips. I pulled her into a tight hug and held her until she calmed down.

"I want to go home, you coming?" I nodded and released her so she could get into my passenger seat.

"Who’s driving your car?" she mumbled, "Ricky." I nodded and drove us home, a newly tense feeling in the car.

Ricky POV

After Stephen and Taylor started to walk towards her car I sat down on the opposite side of Marc, Sam and Drake.

"Ricky, what's going on?" Taylor gave me permission to tell them what had happened.

"Taylor took a pregnancy test, and it came out positive." I said looking down at the table.

"Oh no, no she's pregnant?" Sam whisper/yelled at me.

"Might be, she made a doctor's appointment for tomorrow." I explained quietly. The last thing we needed was for the whole school to find out. There's only 2 and a half more months then we're done. Hopefully we can keep it under wraps for that long.

Taylor POV

When we got home I walked straight upstairs not even bothering to see if Stephen was behind me. I changed into a pair of pajama pants and a sweatshirt I stole from Stephen. The ocean seemed very inviting to me right now but I figured it would be best to just lie out in the hammock on balcony. And that's what I did.

Stephen POV

When I eventually dragged myself upstairs I saw Tay on the balcony. So I went out there and found that she was actually asleep. Not wanting to wake her up I gently lifted her up and slid under her then rested her back on top of me. The only way I knew time was passing was the falling of the sun. Taylor continued to sleep soundly as I thought about a baby. A baby...

Taylor POV

I woke up very warm, not feverish or anything but I doubt that it's 75 outside right now. When I opened my eyes I was in my bed and Stephen was cuddling me to him.

"Steph? Stephen you awake?" I whispered, the room was dark like it was late at night.

"Steeeephen?" I said again, he made a grunting noise and I just gave up on trying to wake him. Carefully I un-wound his arms from my waist and got up. I sang as I walked down to the kitchen to get some water.

"She spins and she sways to whatever song plays
Without a care in the world
And I'm sitting here wearing
The weight of the world on my shoulders

It's been a long day and there's still work to do
She's pulling at me saying, "Dad, I need you
There's a ball at the castle and I've been invited
And I need to practice my dancing, oh please, daddy, please"

So I will dance with Cinderella while she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella, I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight and she'll be gone

She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed
She wants to know if I approve of the dress
She says, "Dad the prom is just one week away
And I need to practice my dancing, oh please, daddy, please"

So I will dance with Cinderella while she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella, I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight and she'll be gone
She will be gone

But she came home today with a ring on her hand
Just glowing and telling us all they had planned
She says, "Dad, the wedding's still six months away
And I need to practice my dancing, oh please, daddy, please"

So I will dance with Cinderella while she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella, I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight and she'll be gone"

I sang quietly and had to keep myself from crying. My dad used to sing me that song whenever I talked about growing up.

I searched through the kitchen until I found a cherry Pop-Tart and water bottle. The sun wasn't out anymore so the stars were twinkling over the water and the water was at high tide. It all looked so surreal, the water didn't seem like it could be that blue or the sand that gold.

"You okay?" Steph asked from behind, startling me.

"Ya, just wasn't tired anymore. So I came down here to eat." I looked at the oven clock and it said 2:38am. Ugh, I have to go back to sleep.

"Are you going to school tomorrow?" Steph asked. I nodded, "Why wouldn't I?" he shrugged, "I-I don't know the appointment and everything." I continued to watch his nervousness escalate.

"Is it okay if I don't go with you? To the appointment?" I stared at him, "Are you fucking joking Stephen?" I asked, stepping closer to him. He backed up and shrugged nervously.

"It's just that, I don't know, can't Ricky go with you?"

"Well, if I don't know who the damn baby daddy was than ya, but Stephen if I am pregnant and I'm pretty damn sure I am, then this is on you too. God, I can't believe you asked me that." I rubbed my forehead and leaned back against the counter.

"Why don't you want to go?" I asked after I had calmed down.

"It doesn't matter, I'm going either way." He mumbled.

"Stephen, please just answer the question." Stephen came over and gave me a hug and cried quietly.

"I'm scared that you're actually pregnant. Or that there is a ridiculous guarantee that you're pregnant. I'm most definitely not ready to be a parent and I don't think that you want to be a mom yet. That scares me that we can be having a baby Taylor." he said through
quiet sobs. I hugged him.

"It'll be okay Stephen. We have a support system, stable relationship, and it's not like we aren't going to have the funding. We'll be okay." I felt him nod his head.

"I love you Stephen, everything will be okay." he gave me a small squeeze and pulled back.

"I hope so, I love you Taylor." he pecked my lips before holding me to his side and walking us back upstairs.

--Next Morning: Doctor’s Appointment--

I just had to pee in a cup. Ewww. I can’t decide which is worse, peeing on a stick or in a cup. Well they are both gross.

Steph was sitting out in the waiting are, so I walked out there and waited for the nurse to call us back with the pregnancy results.

Stephen has been very quiet since we got here. Maybe he is just tuning out all the pitying and nasty looks we are getting from everyone. It’s fairly obvious we are young. Like young young.

“It’s all alright.” I whispered soothingly to Stephen, taking his hand in my mind and smoothing my thumb over the top of his hand. His hand squeezed back but he didn’t say anything.

--90 Minutes Later--

“Miss. Lock?” a nurse called from the office door. I stood and held my hand out for Stephen to take. He took a deep breath and took it. We walked silently behind the nurse to Exam Room 3.

“The doctor will be here shortly.” She left and Stephen groaned.

“What?” I asked, annoyed at the sudden lively-ness in him.

“You’re pregnant for sure.” He said looking up at me and then down at my stomach.

“And you say that because...” Stephen shook his head, rearranging the black hair on his forehead.

“Because if you weren’t they would’ve just said you’re not pregnant go home, but they are making us stay. To tell you, you’re pregnant.” Tears began to well up in my eyes. He was right; they are keeping us here for a reason.

“Shh, Tay, don’t cry.” I hadn’t even realized I was sobbing, not until I felt Stephen warm embrace around me. I turned my face into his shoulder and sobbed.

Now that I actually thought about it, Stephen was right. We may be able to take care of a baby, but we don’t know how to care for one.

--Back at School: Mr. Garret’s Trig Class--

I was pregnant. The doctor had told us when I stopped crying. She said for me to make an appointment in 3 weeks and then we would talk more than. Her name was Dr. Koppel. She was a nice petite woman who promised to help Steph and I through our ‘pregnancy journey’ I had to hit Stephen to stop him from laughing. My pregnancy journey would hopefully not go into full force until after graduation and we all fly back to Thara. This would be my first time going there. The only down side was that we had to attend non-stop parties the first few weeks we are there.

I was so grateful for school to get out. All the guys and Ricky came over to Steph and my place around 3, so we could all hang out and talk down at the beach.

It was nice and warm down at the beach. Stephen and the guys were surfing and Ricky was tanning beside me.

“So are you okay with the whole being pregnant thing now?” she asked. I shrugged.

“As okay with it as I can be. It’s something that I have to process. Not fully set in yet.” She nodded.

“Well, not to be pushy or anything…” I looked over at her.

“Have you thought of any names?” I made a scoffing noise.

“Yes Ricky, I have spent hours thinking of baby names.” She held her hands out defensively. “I’m just asking.” But I couldn’t deny her the joy of a baby name.

“Actually, I do have names.” Ricky sat up and faced me.

“Seriously?!” I nodded and sat up to face her too.

“If it’s a girl, Scarlette (pronounced Scarlet, I just like that spelling :) and a boy, Colton.” Ricky grinned.

“Those are really cute names.” I grinned with her and watched Stephen and the guys head back up the beach toward Ricky and I.

“The guys are gonna take off, want to go get something to eat?” I looked over at Ricky who was already packing her stuff up.

I nodded and waved goodbye to everyone before walking up the stairs to Steph and my room.