Status: Comments = Way More Updates. Pinky Promise.

Finding Myself

four.

That’s How You Get What? The Urge To What He Meant Made Me Curious.

“What do you mean? You get like this? What?” I asked.

“Nothing.” He said looking down. “Anybody could tell you this and then maybe you’d care, but with me it’s different…,” He paused. “I’ve liked you since the first day I saw you. And I was going to tell you all this at that party. But I couldn’t find you so I checked in one of the rooms, and this creep was…He was…Fucking around with you! I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be telling you all this.”

I sat there dazed. Just dazed. “Oh, you like me?”

His lips were closed tightly in a straight line, he was thinking. I was thinking. Or was I trying not to think? Whatever I was doing, it was giving me a headache. He stood up and walked around the bed to the window from this morning. His tall body was being hugged slightly by his new cleaner outfit, dark jeans and a vintage t-shirt. “I think I said things too early,” he mumbled. He looked at me and then turned his back towards me and walked out of the room.

I sat there still dazed. Wow. I don’t know what to think about that. All of today and yesterdays feelings flooded my brain with questions. But most were about Matt.

Ever since I moved from the big city to this average town…he’s liked me. That was all the positive I could take from this early starlit morning...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My mom came to check on me at 8 in the morning.

“Are you ok?” she asked, worry drowning her features, her ageless eyes.

“Yeah, just didn’t sleep much,” I said rolling over slowly to face her.

“Ok. Ready to go home baby?” she smiled lightly.

“Yes please,” she laughed. I smiled.

---------------------------

I laid down onto the bed slowly. The pain in my chest still didn’t stop me from groaning lightly. I sighed and reached for my laptop on the nightstand beside my bed. And then I did the obvious, checked my internet social life. Since my ‘social life’ was thriving around the fact about me being M.I.A. I logged off.

My mom walked in the room and looked at me. “You need anything? Medicine?”

“Tylenol?” I smiled.

“Yeah. Sure thing baby,” she grinned.

She brought my bag in from the hospital, and settled it on the corner of my bed. I smiled. She handed me a cup of water and a small red pill. I examined its spherical shape and put it my mouth, downed some water…I felt the pill scraping my throat on its way down and I flinched lightly. I hate pill-taking.

“I’ll be in my room,” my mom announced then left the room for her ritual constant nap. “Call if you need anything.”

“Ok,” I croaked. She smiled and shut the door behind her.

I looked over the gray thin duffel bag and reached over ignoring the slight pain in my chest the stretch caused, and pulled it closer to me. I unzipped the top only and saw a white flat object. I picked it up, a paper folded in twice.

‘Jacey, I am forever going to think that I’ve said things too early. But now that it’s out there, I think I have the nerve to ask…ask you on a date?’ On the reverse side there was a smiley and Matts name in red ink. Different from the black ink on the inside. Under Matts name was a phone number. I grinned like an idiot.

I got up, paper in hand, to the phone downstairs. I walked slowly, trying to avoid waking my mother. When I reached the bottom stair I did a victory hop and groaned. I’m going to have to get used to uselessness for awhile.

I sat on the living room couch, I stared at the paper and realized I was still grinning like an idiot. I laughed silently to myself. I am such a loner, I thought to myself. Suddenly the phone was calling my name, and the angels sang…

“Hello? Andrews residents…” I giggled.

“Jacey? How are you? Doing better? This is Matt,” He said all at once.

“Yes, this is Jacey. I Couldn’t be better. And hello Matt. How'd you get my number stalker?” I joked.

I could tell he was smiling on the other end. “Funny story, lets just say your mom likes me already. I was wondering-”

“Yes, I’d like to go on a date with you,” I cut him off.

“Oh, I was just calling, Uh yeah sure,” he said chuckling.

“Ah, sorry about the cut off, was that your intention? A date? I’m sorry, I should’ve let you finish,” I went on until I could hear him chuckling again.

“No I was just going to ask if you got that…uhm, paper.”

Even though he was on the other line, I could tell he was blushing.

“Yes, I got the paper,” it was my time to start blushing and he could tell too. It was strange on how this phenomenon worked, but it just clicked.

---------------------

Movie with Matt on a Saturday night was all I was looking forward to.

I smiled knowing he liked me, and that I was starting to like him too. Who knows what will come my way…
♠ ♠ ♠
Initially this chapter was super short. ended at starlit morning..
but then i added the fifth chapter into it and now.. well. enjoy (:
i'm up ahead 3 more chapters but i'm not posting them all..