Status: Updated :) Enjoy.

H.B. and Gypsy

You Can Sleep Now, Doll.

Sugar? That’s a new one. He writes on his new note.

“Its kind of hard to not call you pet names. It weird….havent really figured it out yet.” I say honestly. Most of the time I mean to call him his regular name but it doesn’t seem fit. The names I give him are better.

Well, im not complaining. He writes down with a smile.

“Im glad. because you’ll probably be stuck with the names I give you from now on.” I say while going over to my desk and grabbing a notepad to use for 20 questions. We needed to keep track of how many questions we are asking each other.

He just laughs at me. I throw him a little notepad to use, and I wasn’t going to make him use his because I know it must be kind of special to him. I grab my notepad and sit on the bed next to him.

“Ok, so you know the rules, right? We each get to ask each other 20 questions even. No extras. They can be any questions you want and you only get one void, meaning you can only choose one question to not answer, cool?” I explain. He nods.

“Oh, and the notepads are for marking down how many we’ve asked so far.” I add. He just nods again.

“Ok, so…you want to go first?” I begin. Im actually kind of nervous to see what he’s going to ask me.

He looks pretty excited that he’s going first and quickly nods his head and writes down a question for me. He flipped over the paper and showed me.

Question One: If shadows had color, what color would yours be? Its read.

Woah. I was not expecting that. “Um..Lets see…” I rub the back of my head while im thinking. “It would probably change with my mood. Like a mood ring. But a Mood Shadow. Like, right now it would be…soft yellow.” I respond.

He furrows his eyebrows and writes: …Why soft yellow?

“I cant answer that! That would be your second question, but it’s my turn, H.B.” I say. He quickly writes something down.

H.B.? What does that one mean?

“You’re going to have to wait for your next turn to find out, Landon.” I say with a coy smile. “Ok…So…” I want my questions to really get somewhere with him. I wanted to know everything.

“Question One, What is your favorite physical feature you have?” I ask with a curious stare at him.

He rolls his eyes at me in a sad way and responds with:

I don’t have one.

“Come on…” I say while lifting up his chin, “You have to like at least one thing about this face.” I say to him while poking his cheek; making him laugh and push away my hand softly.

He waited a second and then wrote down:

I um…I kind of like my lips.

He was blushing furiously at this.“Oh, you do?” I say with a joking grin. That was sweet. He liked his own lips.

He responded with: That was another question, ever, and that’s not allowed.

He was mocking me! “Fine. Your turn.” I say while lightly pushing him and laughing under my breath.

Question Two: What does H.B. Stand for?

“Heart Breaker. Its kind of embarrassing but In my head I refer to you as ‘The Little Heart breaker’. It fits somehow. I don’t know…” I cant believe I just revealed that. He looks confused for a second and then writes:

I want to know how it fits me… I have never broken any hearts, I assure you.

“Well, I could answer that but I, myself, am not sure why it fits you. And you have never broken any hearts? I think you’re a liar, Landon Lee.” I realize with a smile.

He just shakes his head at me with a grin. “My turn?” He nods. “Ok…Question Two: What is your favorite smell?” I inquire.

He turns his head to the side, thinking, and then writes down:

Apple. Its my favorite. Oh, and Peppermint.

“Oh, very nice.” I agree with him. I like those smells too. Although I tend to lean towards smells in nature, like rain…or ocean water.

“Ok, You’re turn.” I continue. He starts to write down something pretty quick.

Question Three: You never told me why your shadow would be soft yellow?

Oh, that’s right, I didn’t. “Um, well I guess it’s because im happy…and calm. Im at peace, in a way.” I answer his question. He responds with:

Good to know. Ok, your turn, Ever. He was smiling to himself.

“Cool, Um…Question Three: What is your whole name?”

Landon Autemn Lee.My mom got kind of weird with my middle name.

I read it and responded with “Are you kidding? That name is beautiful. My mom went weird with my first name. Who names their kid “Ever”?” I laugh.

I love your name. He writes.

“Thanks Landon. I like yours more, though.” I grin at him. “Ok, your turn.”

Question Four: When I woke up from our…um…nap, and you werent awake yet, You were turned on your side and I saw a big bruise on your hip where your t-shirt was lifted up. What is that from?

Oh Shit. Should I tell him? Could I trust him to not go to the police? Or tell his mom? Fuck, I don’t know…I have only known him for two days. “Um…I…I don’t know if I can tell you.”I say warily. I watch his expression closely. It goes from confused…to concerned.

You can tell me, Ever, I promise I wont tell a soul. He vows on paper.

Fuck Ive never old anyone before. Not even my mom, but that was another story. I continue to stare at my lap and play with my fingers, trying to decide. You know what? Fuck it, I have nothing to lose. Why not tell the only friend Ive got?

“It was, um, My….uh…My dad. He accidentally pushed me.” I lie. I wasn’t lying about my dad. I was just lying about how it happened. He actually meant to push me into the wall. Asshole.

Are you sure it was an accident? He asks. He looks worried.

I quickly Nod. He shows me his new note.

I don’t believe you. I can see it in your eyes, Ever. Please don’t lie to me.

“I…” He was perceptive, this one. “Im sorry. Nobody knows. Please don’t say anything. I would get my ass kicked so bad…” I reveal to him. God, Im going to be in deep shit for this of word gets out. He nods his head sadly.

He looks like he’s going to cry. He shows me his paper. It says:

Take off your shirt, Ever.

“Please don’t make me, Doll, I hate my body.” I beg. Fuck , He cant see. He just cant.

Ever, Please, I could help you. He begged.

“I…Fuck…” I slowly lift up my shirt and take it off, gently holding it in my lap. I havent been this nervous in…forever. He shows me his paper and it says something new.

Stand up, Please.

He wasn’t looking at my face when he showed me this note.He was too busy staring at my torso. He looked so…upset.

I stood up for him. He stayed sitting on the bed. He crawled to the edge of the bed where I was standing and slowly sat in front of me. Level with my stomach. He sat there looking at every inch of my ruined skin. Every. Fucking. Inch of it.

“…Are you mad?” I ask him quietly. He looked so disturbed. Im afraid I’ve upset him.

He slowly shakes his head and takes my hand only to write a couple words on my palm. This reminds me of last night. I look at it.

Not mad. Sad.

“Im sorry.” I apologize. The last thing I wanted to do was make him sad. He doesn’t even notice, he was too busy trying to absorb every inch of what my torso looked like. He runs a finger along the side of my ribs where I had a bruise from a couple days before. He flinched when I hissed in pain.

He wrote something else down. On the notepad this time.

How did I not notice these this morning when I saw you? He revels.

Oh, that’s right…”Maybe because they are brand new. Its usually take a day and a half for them to really set in.” I quietly answer him.

He solemnly nods and continues observing. He lightly grabs my hip and turns me around so he could look at my back. I let him. By now We have completely forgotten about 20 questions…

I feel his fingers tracing all of the scars. There is some small hope in me that just by him touching them,they will get better. He grabs my hip again and spins me around to face him and he hands me my t-shirt. Along with a note of course.

This will stop. Ill make sure of it.

“Thank you.” Was all I could really say. He just hugs me in response. Does he really care that much? I hope so. We let go and he curls up on his spot on the bed again while I go and sit next to him.

“We sort of wandered away from the game we were playing, huh?” I say with a shy laugh. He nods his head. “I actually have a question for you though. Forget about the 20 questions thing, I just want to get to know you. Sound good?” He nods again with a grin.

“You know how yesterday you had to leave early for an appointment? Well what was it for? Are you sick?” I ask, scooting closer to him.

He begins to scribble his response down.

Not physically. I was going to my speech therapist.

“So…you choose to not speak? Or am I wrong?” I inquire further.

He continues with:

Well, kind of, yes. I have Selective Mutism. The Definition is that its “ a severe childhood anxiety disorder in which a person who is normally capable of speech is unable to speak in given situations, or to specific people.” He explained to me.

“How long has it been since you have spoke?” I ask.

I talk to my mom sometimes, if im in the mood, but other then her and my speech therapist, I havent uttered a single word in 11 years. Not counting earlier today with you.

11 Years. How quiet his life must be. “But, you did speak to me…why?” Why me out of all people? He goes to work with his pen.

I don’t know…but it scares me. That’s why I…um…passed out on you.

“Why does it scare you? Speaking, I mean.”

It’s really hard to explain…

“Please tell me.”

Well, when I was little I had a stutter, and I still do, and after something happened…I was traumatized and I chose not to speak again. I felt that only bad things happen when I speak. So I kept my mouth shut. That was when I was 7.

I was going to ask him what traumatized him, but I don’t want to upset him, so I’ll save that for later.

Oh my god, I just realized something.

When Landon said something to me, he didn’t stutter. Not once.

“Landon, when you spoke to me…you didn’t stutter.” I say slowly. He just stares at me and blinks. He doesn’t know how to react.

I…didn’t?

“No.” I say softly.

He looks so confused. So fucking confused.

“Try and say my name.” I ask him.

His eyes become scared and he shakes his head.

“Please. Please try for me.” I beg. He wanted to help me. I wanted to help him. It was perfect.

He begins to tear up and writes:

I cant…I’ll…I’ll sound and feel like a freak. I don’t want to feel like that around you.

“I would never think that of you, Landon. Just try for me. Once.” I beg. I grabbed his hand for support.

He looks like he wants to move his lips but he’s too scared. I don’t want him to panic again. I want him to stay calm. I could feel his pulse in the hand I was holding. It was going way too fast. I put my hand on his chest to feel his heartbeat underneath it. “Landon, its ok, calm down…just breath for me. I wont make you say anything. I only want you to do it if you want to.” I calm him.

He writes me a note.

Im so sorry, ever. I wanted to do it for you. I just cant. Not yet.

“Its ok, don’t work yourself up. I know you’ll speak for me one day.” I say to him while shooting him a smile. I notice that he’s rubbing his eyes a lot and his cheeks are getting rosy. He’s sleepy. I know It.

“You’re sleepy. I can tell.” I point out to him. He nods his head slowly with half lidded eyes. I laugh quietly at him. He looked so helpless. Poor thing.

I walk over to my closet and grab a pair of black sweat pants for him to wear and the gray ones for me. I walk back over to the bed and notice that Landon curled up in a ball on the right side of my bed, snuggling up to the pillow. He was lightly snoring. I would leave him to sleep but I don’t want him sleeping in those clothes. He would wake up feeling like shit.

“Landon…”I lightly call out to him, I didn’t want to startle him, “Doll, wake up.” As soon as I said his nickname his eyes slowly opened staring straight at me.

“I want you to put some p.j. pants on so you don’t feel gross in the morning, ok?” I softly say to him while pushing some hair out of his face. He nods and slowly sits up and take the pants from me. He twirls his fingers around in a circle motioning for me to turn around with a goofy smile. I turn around, facing my window and hear him change. He gives a little cough to let me know he’s done. I turn around and he is right back to where he left off. Curled up in a little ball hugging the pillow, his lazy short mohawk rebelliously sprawled across his face.

I walked over to the bed and pulled the covers over him as he slept. Then opened the door to my bathroom and changed out of my jeans into my favorite P.j.’s. I opened the bathroom door slowly, trying not to wake Landon up, and creeped over to my bed. Before laying down, I flick the light switch off in my room and left us in the blue glow of moon. I laid down on the left side and pulled the covers over my shoulders facing away from Landon.

About 5 minutes later I was about one second from sleep when I hear something. I turn over my shoulder slightly and see that Landon is now facing me with half of his head buried in the pillow. He was dead asleep.

“Ever…” He muttered.

No fucking way.

“Ev-Ever…”

He was saying my name in his sleep. Was he dreaming about me? I start to talk to him “Landon?” I question.

“Y-yes?” He replies still completely unconscious.

“I wish I met you a long time ago.” I admit to the sleeping boy.

“M-me t-too.” He whispers. God, he is breaking my heart again. I cant help but run my finger down his cheek. He smiles in his sleep.

“You can sleep now, Doll.” I whisper to him.

“O-only if i-its next t-to you.” He whispers, drifting away.

Oh, Landon.

____________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________
A/N:

Arent they fucking adorable?

Anyways, To anyone who reads this, I beg of you to comment, only because:

Number One:I Need more stars.
Number Two: I Need to know how im doing. Please let me know.

I want to know what everyone's favorite part is. :)

Subscribe. You wont regret it, I promise. How can you resist the cuteness of these two?

P.s. Thanks you to the people who have already commented. You are super duper. *Throws you a daisy*