Status: Updated :) Enjoy.

H.B. and Gypsy

Lay with me.

Waking up has never been so pleasant for me.

At least for a long time.

The first thing I saw when I peeled my eyes open was Landons face peeking out of the covers that he was hugging for dear life. I dare not wake him up. I was about to reach up and push some hair out of my face when I noticed that something was keeping my hand from doing so.

I lift up the covers and see Landon’s hand holding mine. A smile creeped onto my face and I was about to let go when I hear him groan. I let the covers fall back down as I look at him just blinking his eyes open.

“G’Morning.” I say quietly at him, not wanting to startle him with any loud noises in the morning. He blinked sleepily and just stared at me with a smile. “Sleep well?” I continue while lying back down and scooting closer to him. He just closes his eyes slowly and snuggles back into the covers with a sigh.

“I take that as a yes?” I say. He nods his head. I lifted up the covers to stand up and he saw that he was holding my hand. He gasped and quickly removed his hand. He covered his face and sunk into the pillow in embarrassment.

“Hey” I laugh, “No need to worry. I’m not mad.”

He slowly peeks his head out of the pillow and reached for his notebook that he had set on my bedside table before falling asleep. He wrote me a message.

I honestly didn’t know that I was doing that, I probably did it in my sleep. Sorry.

I read it and smile to myself then to turn to Landon. “That not the only thing you did In your sleep, Sugar.” I say. His eyes widen in fear and he lifts his eyebrow as if to ask me what he did.

“You spoke to me, Landon.”

Please tell me you’re lying. His note read while he buried his face in his hands for the second time this morning.

“Im afraid not.” I reply, “You said my name.”. I walk over to my closet and grab an outfit to change into for the day. While walking to my bathroom to change he runs over to me and hands me a note.

Was that all I said? He looked nervous.

For some reason I feel like I shouldn’t tell him what else he said. I’m gonna keep it to myself for now. “Mhm.” I lie and walk into the bathroom. “Ill be right out” I add and I close the door behind me.

I slip on a plain black t-shirt and some worn out jeans with my converse and run my hands through my hair till it looks slightly presentable and walk out into my bedroom. Landon had already changed back into his jeans and had slipped his vans back on and was sitting politely on my bed, waiting for me.

“So, What were you planning on doing today?” I ask while sitting next to him.

Not anything, really. My mom has work so I was probably just planning on staying home and drawing…or something. He writes.

Oh, that’s right, its Monday. Which means our parents arent home. Hm.

“Oh, ok, cool.” I answer. He starts to scribble something else down.

What were you planning on doing? He writes while curiously looking at me.

“Me? Uh, I don’t know, I havent had enough time to think of something yet. Probably nothing. That’s pretty much what Ive been doing all summer so far.” I laugh shyly.

Well, you’re welcome to join me if you want. You know, if you get bored with being by yourself. His new message said. He blushed.

“Really? That would be cool. Thanks Landon.” I reply while giving him a pat on his leg. “What time is it anyways?” We both look at my alarm clock at the same time and it read 11:00 a.m.

“Woah, its almost lunch time. You Hungry?” I ask him. He kind of scrunches up his nose and shakes his head. “No?”. He shakes his head again and writes something down.

I guess I’m still full from last night.

“Oh I see. Well, I need some food or else you will see one bitchy Ever.” I say while standing up and heading for my door. He laughed and reached out his hand and took mine as we walked down to my kitchen. He went and sat down at the table and started to write something. As soon as I got back to the table with my bowl of cereal, he hands me the message. Its read:

I wasn’t the only one to do something in their sleep, Ever. He was smiling bashfully at this. Is he saying that I did something? Ah fuck.

“…what did I do?” I ask, kind of afraid of hearing what the answer was.

You um…well, you kind of were like, cuddling. The note said.

“With you? How?” I ask. I cant believe I fucking did that. I hope I didn’t creep him out.

You slipped your arms around me while you were sleeping and pulled me closer. Like, really close. And you sort of laid your face in the crook of my neck, and you kept it there for a long time.



Jesus.

I want to die right now. Just send a fucking lightning bolt right where I’m sitting.

“God, Im sorry, I don’t know what the fuck got into me since I met you. I swear I wasn’t like this before.” I apologize. Poor kid was probably creeped the fuck out by me.

He shook his head and started writing.

No, I don’t mind. I promise. And I know what you mean. Usually I don’t like people being close to me but for some reason I don’t mind when you are. I haven't figured it out yet. The note read.

“Huh, that’s weird,” I say while looking at him, “ I kind of figured you were just touchy feely, but I guess not?” I ask. His eyes get a little wider and he shakes his head.

Never. I usually stay away from people, especially because of the physical aspect, but You’re different, Ever. You must be. He wrote.

“You too.” I say with a stare at his shy face. We sit in a comfortable silence while I finish up my bowl of cereal and once Im done I wash my dish off and walk back over to him. “Want to head over to your house now?” I ask him. He nods his head and we both get up and head over to his house.

As soon as we reach his front door, he leans inside the door and whistles.

Huh?

Out of nowhere this big beautiful white husky comes running into the front room while I close the door. Landon kneels down and hugs the dog with a couple added kisses to its face.

“Whats its name?” I ask while the dog walks over to me and sniffs my hand then gives an approving lick. God this dog is beautiful.

Her name is Snow. She’s my best friend. She’s the only one I’ll talk to willingly. He quickly writes on his notepad.

I nod my head and kneel down to pet Snow. “Hey Snow, Im Ever.” I start to talk to her. She licks my face and I let out a laugh. Landon gives a shy giggle.

Landon reaches out his hand and I take it and he leads me into his room.

“How did I not see her when I came over before?” I ask him as I sit down on his bed. He walks over to me and sits down.

She was probably asleep in my moms room. He wrote. I nod my head.

He gets up and goes over to his little desk next to his dresser with his T.v. on it. He pulled open a drawer and got his sketchpad and markers, then started walking back to back to me and curled up on his bed next to me.

“Can I watch you draw, Doll?” I ask quietly. He smiles at me and nods, then motions for me to sit closer to him. He ripped off a piece of paper and handed it to me with a clipboard that was sitting on his side table.

Draw with me. He wrote.

“Me? Draw? No way. I’ll just embarrass myself.” I admit while trying to hand the paper back to him. He just pushes it back and whispers “T-try.”

He spoke for me. Bless his little heart.

I stare at him and he is glaring at his hands while his cheeks were on fire. I run my thumb down his cheek and it was burning hot. It must have took a lot of courage to say that one word. “Look at me, Landon.” He looked right at me and I nearly broke down. He was so scared but he seemed a little hopeful at the same time. I think he wanted me to be proud of him. I am. I really am.

“Now, that wasn’t so scary was it?” I ask softly.

“N-no.” He painfully whispers. While looking straight into my eyes.

“You can speak for me, Landon, I promise I wont hurt you.” I say to him while he sniffles a little. “Hey, why are you crying?” I ask softly while wiping his tears of his flushed face.

“I-I don’t u-understand why I c-can talk for y-you. I-it scares m-me.” His soft voice stumbles over his innocent words.

“Oh, Doll.” I whisper and pull him into a hug. “I don’t know why I feel so comfortable around you either. Its really strange for me too. Remember when I left your house the other night? It was because It kind of freaked me out how I felt like I was close to you even though I had only known you for a day. It doesn’t make sense.” I explain to him.

He nods his head and looks at me while whispering “I d-don’t think it n-needs t-to make sense, Ev-Ever.” I push some hair out of his face.

“I think you’re right. I figure something as peculier as this has to have a reason, hm?” I whisper to him. He nods again and lets go.

“Can you say my name for me again?” I ask with a bashful smile. He giggles and says “Ever James Brenin.”

He immediately gasps and covers his mouth.

“I d-didn’t stutter w-when I-I said your n-name!” He says excitedly while clapping.

“You’re very right, my little heart breaker.” I say with an excited laugh. Holy shit. Something about me makes him not stutter. This is incredible.

“W-wow.” He revels and hold my hand.

“What?” I ask while squeezing his hand in return.

“A-Are you an a-angel and you’re n-not telling m-me, E-Ever?” He whispers with a laugh. I shake my head and poke him in the cheek jokingly.

“No, love, far from it.” I answer him. If anything, he was the angel. Not me.

“I d-don’t believe y-you.” He whispers while letting go of my hand with a giggle and starts drawing.

“Please d-draw f-for me, Ever.” He adds while handing me the paper back that he had previously tried to get me to draw on. Fuck, I have to give in when he asks like that…

“Fine, but you cant laugh at me.” I pout. He giggles and adds “N-Never.”

He sets his sketch pad aside for a second and climbs off his bed while heading over to his stack of c.d.’s in the corner of his room, right next to his c.d. player.

“W-want some m-music?” He asks as he turns back to me.

“Sure, whatever you want is fine.” I say while biting on my lip in concentration, trying to focus on my shitty drawing. I hear him sorting through some c.d.s and evenually hear music softly playing. I’m not sure if I recognize it. But, then again I never listened to normal music anyways.

“This o-okay?” He asks nervously while walking back to the bed. It sounded nice, whatever music he put on. It was calm, but dark. Kind of like him.

“Yea, I really like it. Who is it?” I ask while looking up at him when I feel the bed shift as he scoots closer to me.

“D-deftones.” He answers shyly while looking into my eyes hopefully. “Y-you really like i-it?” He asks again.

“Yes, Sugar.” I re-assure him while pinching his cheek. He blushes and responds with “I-I’m Glad. They a-are my favorite b-band.” He responds quietly.

I smile at him and continue my crappy attempt at art while he goes to work on his masterpiece. Another 30 minutes passes by with us just exchanging a couple words and finishing up our drawings. He finally looks up at me and asks “B-Bored yet?”

“Not bored, I just feel like im wasting your paper now. I cant draw anything.” I admit, feeling bad. He just sighs and says “No a-art is bad, E-Ever. R-remember that.” I nod at him and glanced at the clock on his dresser. Its was just past 1:30.

“I f-feel like w-watching a movie, h-how a-about you Ev-ever?” he asks while breaking my thoughts.

“Oh, yea, whatever you want to watch is cool with me.” I respond with a smile. He nods and take the drawing supplies off his bed and places them on his desk. He heads over to his DVD rack and starts to shuffle through them.

“I-im thinking s-scary, yes?” He asks. I nod with a smile. “For sure.” I add.

He picks his movie and pops it in. He takes of his shoes and walks over to the bed and lays down next to me. “You c-can g-get comfy, Ever.” He says quietly. Shyly.

“L-Lay with m-me.” He continues with glossy eyes and a hopeful smile.

“Of course I will.” I say while laying down next to him. Both of us on our stomachs facing the t.v.

Once the movie started, I didn’t even realize it had begun. I was too busy looking at Landon. Or Landons neck more specifically. He was wearing a locket that I hadnt seen before. He must have had it tucked into his shirt earlier.

The locket was cracked open and I see a little picture of what looks like a 6 year old Landon and an older man.

…was that his dad?

_________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________

A/N: I know that this chapter isnt as long as the other ones, but it is just as important and just as special.

Comment. :)

SUBSCRIBE

P.s. Current subscribers, I have been thinking...and I honestly dont feel like the Title of this story is what it should be. SO, with that being said, tell me if it would bother you if I changed the title. I NEED to know.

Love to you all, and I hope you enjoy.