Sequel: Hit and Run

Inner Demons

Chapter Fifteen

Nadine awoke to the sounds of laughter and slight prodding in her shoulder. Her eyes fluttered open, and she found herself staring into Delia's blue eyes. "Morning sunshine," she exclaimed brightly.

Nadine rubbed her eyes, had Gerard's "accident" been a dream. She blinked a few times, she was still in the waiting room. She turned to Delia, who was clinging onto Mikey as if nothing ever happened between them. Son her confusion had overtaken her. Her boyfriend, the anchor for the band, was half dead in a hospital and everyone was smiling and laughing, and now her best friends was comfortably resting in the arms of her rapist? Nadine shook her head and moaned lowly, "What the hell is going on right now... cuz part of me is convinced this is all a really fucked up dream,"

Bob leaned over and grabbed her arm. He took a fold on skin between his fingers and pinched, hard. Nadine gasped and recoiled, "What the hell?"

He cracked a smile, "You weren't dreaming hun,"

Nadine breathed out through her nose, "Then why are guys so... chipper? Gerard could be dead right now!"

Mikey looked up from his seat, 'No, he's okay... he's gonna be okay," he cried, hot tears of joy rolling down his face.

Nadine narrowed her gaze, "Can we... can I see him?"

Mikey nodded and stood up from his seat, "Follow me..."

They walked quietly down the hallway and Mikey stopped at the elevator shaft, "He's on the third floor," he muttered, wringing his hands.

Nadine nodded, "Did I miss anything while I was sleeping?"

Mikey's breath hitched in his chest, "Yeah, ummm, about two hours ago... Gerard's heart gave out... it took them a while to get it beating again,"

Nadine felt herself pale, and the elevator dinging beside her. They waited for an elderly cou0ple to exit before stepping inside the small box. She turned to Mikey, "Did you... how did you find out?"

Mikey sighed, "I was there, so was Delia... he just... died in my arms,"

He shuddered at the sudden flashback, watching his brother simply give up on life. Nadine wrapped one arm around Mikey and pulled him close. The elevator dinged and they both stepped out happily. Mikey took a hold of Nadine's hand, "Follow me, his room is hard to find,"

Nadine trotted close behind, taking in her surroundings. They pass through a gate marked "Intensive Care Unit" and Mikey turned sharply around the corner, ending in a small hallway with three doors. He stopped at the one mark 625, which had a folder with Gerard's name on it, and opened it, "Just come down to the waiting room when you're finished,"

Nadine nodded, and went over to the bed. Gerard lookd asleep, so she walked over quietly, placing a gentle kiss on his forehead. His eyes fluttered slightly and he smiled. Nadine kissed him again, moving the oxygen mask to touch his lips. Gerard smiled, "Hey baby," he moaned, kissing back.

Nadine took a seat on the edge of the bed, stroking his hand slowly. Gerard smiled as Nadine climbed on top of him, feeling a certain something growing beneath her. She smiled when she realized Gerard was completely naked underneath the sheets. The doctors didn't want to risk further injury by giving him a gown. Nadine pulled the mask down to his chin and the two began kissing forcefully, Gerard trying to strip Nadine as painlessly as possible. She moaned as his hand caressed her left breast, the soft bandages brushing against her sensitive skin. She struggled to get her pants off, but soon they were draped over the chair, and she slid down beneath the sheets, allowing Gerard to kiss and bite at her neck. Though he was very weak, a new fire was building inside him, he felt more energetic than ever. His hips bucked a bit, and Nadine smirked, sliding herself over top of him. He grinded slowly at first, and Nadine bit her lips, "Go a bit harder," she begged.

Gerard thrusted harder, causing them to both moan out. Nadine snaked her arms around his neck and begin to gyrate around in small circles, making Gerard's eyes roll back in his head. She smiled, satisfied with her work. The two of them began to thrust and grind harder and harder, soon both falling into a fast, steady rhythm, almost in beat with the heart monitor. Nadine moaned loudly, "Ger.. oh my god... ohhhhhh," she yelled out, hitting her climax.

Gerard let out a moan of his own and came inside her, whimpering after his heavy orgasm. The heart monitor was beating fast and loud, surely they would've drawn attention by now. But they didn't care. They laid there, naked and sweaty and breathing hard, both of them spent. Nadine returned the mask to its proper place and slid off of his length, sighing as she did so. Gerard nuzzled into her, it was all he really could do, "Thanks, babe," he whispered, smiling slightly.

She kissed his chest, "Don't worry about it,"

But at that moment, the door was thrown open, and there was a loud, "MR. WAY!"

Gerard looked up sheepishly, to see a pale-faced nurse and an outraged Mikey. He grinned, "Hey bro..."

Mikey stomped the ground, "I think you're fucking dying and I come in to find you... fucking your best friend's little sister?" he screamed.

Gerard cowered a bit, "it's really not what it looks like Mikers,"

Mikey stuck up his middle finger, waving it like some baton and stormed out of the room, flipping open his phone as he did so. Gerard gulped loudly and turned to Nadine, "I think I'm gonna..."

Then darkness over came him.
************
Nadine gasped and stumbled out of the bed, wrapping her self in a length of curtain to spare the nurse's eyes. She turned to her and the nurse rushed over to the bed, picking up Gerard's hand, "What did you do?"

Nadine couldn't help but giggle, "What, have you never seen a porno before?"

The nurse made a noise of shock and flicked the bleach blonde hair from her eyes, "No! I don't plan on it!"

Nadine laughed and rolled her eyes, "Don't worry about Gee. He faints all the time, it's quite amusing actually."

The nurse turned to her, "There are rules in this hospital, Missy. Number one being no intercourse in the rooms, especially ICU patients."

Nadine suppressed more giggles and reached over to the chair to grab her bra. The nurse gave her a warning glare, "I want you dressed and out of this room in five minutes," she spat, shutting the curtain.

Nadine changed quickly, not even bothering to put her shoes back on, she figured the hospital floors were clean enough. She stared down at Gerard, and she swore she could see a smile on his face. She bent down and kissed him gently, before being "escorted" back to the waiting room.

****************

"Mikey! Can you pass the cheese please?" Nadine asked, sitting down with her pizza.

Mikey ignored her and continued eating. The room was kind of loud, Nadine raised her voice a bit, "Mikey! Cheese please?"

He didn't even look up at her. Ray gave him a weird look, and slid the shaker down the table to Nadine. Bob raised an eyebrow, "Mikey, dude? What's gotten into you?"

"Nothin," he mumbled, poking his slice with a fork.

Nadine blushed and half-hid behind her hair. Delia noticed this, and nudged her lightly, "Deeny, what's going on?"

Nadine took in a deep breath and whispered, "Mikey walked in on us..."

Delia's eyes grew, "What were you doing?"

Nadine sighed and hung her head, "We were having... sex,"

Delia felt her heart stop, but then she wrapped her hands around Nadine, "Oh, honey... why?"

Nadine felt tears in her eyes, "I don't know... I probably killed him in the process,"

Delia shook her head, and looked up at her brother, 'Can Nadine and I eat in my room?"

He nodded, and Mikey gave Nadine a death stare as the exited the dining room. The two of them climbed the stairs silently, picking off the toppings as they did so. They finally stopped at Delia's room and stepping inside, sitting cross-legged on the floor. Nadine looked over at a large square in the corner. It had a cloth across it, as if to hide what was beneath it. She stared at it for a moment, "What's that?" she finally asked, pointing.

Delia smiled and walked over to it, and brought it back to where they were sitting, "I've been working on this since we came here. It's almost finished,"

She pulled over the cloth to reveal a gorgeous painting. In the center was a girl, she was young looking with a sheet of blonde hair draped gracefully around her face. She was wrapped in a white sheet, a placid look on her face. The background was a sharp red blended with yellows and purples. And along the edges, musical notes. Nadine studied them, "What's this music for?"

Delia shrugged, "i don't know, i was just writing down some random chords and sequences I found in Gerard's notebook,"

Nadine nodded and set the painting back down, not wanting to smudge the watercolor. She smiled and ate a bit of pizza. Delia looked up, "So... Mikey caught you having... sex?"

Nadine nodded, "Well not having sex, but we were both naked... I mean he was already naked and I..."

Delia held up a hand, "I get the picture... oh Nadine, how could you?"

She shrugged her shoulder, and sniffed back tears, "I don't know, Del... I just kinda... did it,"

Delia smiled, "It's okay hun... he was going have to find out eventually,"

"I was hoping it wouldn't be for a while," Nadine sighed.

Delia wrapped her arms around her, "It's okay, Mikey won't tell anyone until your ready to tell everyone,"

Nadine nodded, "I know,"

The two of them smiled and were about to leave, when the door slammed in their faces. They could hear the faint clicks of the lock, and a cold voice filled the room, "Finally, I have the two of you all to myself," she giggled.

Nadine began to screamed, but was silenced by a sharp blow to the back of her head