Status: Slowly but surely updating.

The Theory of Wolfs bane

The New Boy

My mom forced me to get up early to go to the neighbors house. Apollo was lazy, Olivia was acting spoiled, and Eamon was at school. That left me to be tortured by my mothers fussing. ' Wear the purple shirt, it brings out your eyes' and the constant ' Are you almost ready', lets not forget the ridiculous comments like ' I hope their normal.' I mean, seriously mom, we're freakin' werewolves. I think we can handle weird.
Any way I packed up the home made brownies and Mom and I started down the street. We knocked on the door a couple of times but no one answered.
" Maybe their not home, we should try again later." I couldn't believe my ears. The same woman that was practically jumping up and down to get here was backing out. As soon as I turned around to walk down the stairs, the door opened.
A boy with soft looking hair and crystal blue eyes opened the door.
" Hi, I'm assuming you are our neighbors." he said. Oh, Jesus, I was going to faint. His voice was so smooth. He opened the door wider. He was wearing a tight white t-shirt that gave an outline of his defined muscles. He had beads of water on his skin.
" Sorry, you caught me at a bad time. I just came out of the shower." I looked at my mom. She looked him up and down and then placed her glare firmly on his chest. Ew. She was checking him out.
" That's not a problem. My name is Sinead Alexander. This is my daughter Adonia Alexander." He shook our hands.
" Do you want to come in? Well, my mom isn't home but if it's not a problem with you..."
" No, not at all. It's nice to meet you...erm...."
" My name is Jacob."
" It's nice to meet you Jacob." As we stepped inside I clumsily handed him the tray of food.
" We... um...baked these for you." I tried not to meet his glance. My mom elbowed me.
" How old are you? Maybe you and Adonia have some classes together."
" I'm sixteen."
" Really! Same as Adonia." My mom elbowed me again.
" Are you going to Bethel High?" I said nervously.
" Yup. How about we sit down and eat these brownies." He led us to a kitchen table. I was surprised at how polite he was when he pulled out our chairs. I mustered up some courage to talk.
" Where are you from?"
" California."
" Wow, that's far."
" Yeah, we moved to get away." He said it so regretfully I thought he was going to cry. He looked so fragile. My mind started buzzing with questions. Who or what were they avoiding? Why come here? What had happened? He and my mom kept chatting. By the end of the day my mother had arranged for me to show him around on Saturday. Great. I couldn't help but blush and stutter around the guy and now my mom wanted me to spend the whole day with him. Just my luck. Something told me I would be spending a lot of time with this guy. Honestly, over time I don't think I would mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wonder what is going on with Jacob's family? Also something might be in store for Adonia's family. What could it be?