I'm Gonna Break Down These Walls

Light the Way

"Hey, baby," Alex said with a hand behind his back.

"Hey," I said, eyeing him suspiciously. "What do you have there?"

When he got in front of me, he pulled his hand out and showed me a bouquet of white roses. I smiled. "Happy five monthiversary!" We counted the couple of months we were together even though we broke up for a while. It just seemed right.

"Aw, thank you! My favorite." I hugged him and kissed him. He kissed me back. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I grabbed the roses from him. "I'm gonna go put these in a vase." He followed behind me as I went to go get a vase and put water in it. I put the roses in it and put them on the counter. "So what are we doing tonight?" I asked, facing him with my back on the counter.

"Oh, I don't know," he said, walking closer to me. He put his hands on my hips. "Maybe dinner or something."

I put my hands on his chest. "Oh, really now?"

"Mhm." He leaned down to kiss me and I kissed him back. He lifted me up and sat me down on the counter. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He massaged his tongue with mine. He pulled away from me and smiled. "I'm not telling you."

"Well, you suck," I said.

"We are having dinner but I'm not telling you what I have planned for the rest of the night. I don't want to ruin it."

"Okay. Now get me off of here." He put me down on the ground and kissed me.

"I love you and I will see you later."

"Love you too and later." I kissed him one last time and he left.

I busted through Vanessa's door and she jumped. "Oh, my god, you're gonna give me a heart attack," she said.

"Sorry but we need to go shopping!"

"Oh, right. You and Alex have a date. Ooh! Five months. That's a long time."

"You and Jack have been together longer."

"Well, if you guys didn't break up, you two would've been together longer."

"Hey, including the two months we were together it is five months!"

"Yeah, I know. Okay, let's go." She grabbed the keys and we went to the mall.

"Oh, my god! Picking a dress is so hard!" I said as Vanessa handed me another one. This one was blue.

"I know. It sucks but you'll look so good once you find it," she said.

I tried it on and finally I was happy. This dress looked amazing and I loved how it looked on me. "Vanessa! This is the dress!" I came out to show her.

"Wow, you are smoking! Buy it!"

I got out of the dressing room and bought it.

"When we walked by a shoe store, I saw the perfect shoes," I said as we walked out the store.

"Oh, you mean the Christian Louboutin ones. Since you're buying them, I'm gonna have to borrow them some time."

I laughed. "Okay. Just don't ruin them. They're hella expensive."

She laughed. "I won't! What are you crazy?"

I tried them on to see how they would fit and then I went and bought them. We got in the car and went home. Vanessa grabbed the bag and I went inside the house. "I have to go get ready now. I can't believe we spent that long at the mall and I don't even like shopping! I only have an hour to get ready!"

She laughed. "Yeah, I know. Go! I'll do your makeup and hair again." She smiled.

"Okay," I smiled and I ran up the stairs to get ready. I grabbed my dress and my bra and underwear and took a shower. "So what are you gonna do?" I asked when I came out of the bathroom. She was in there watching TV.

She turned off the TV and got up as I sat down on the chair. "What I was thinking is putting brown shades on your eyelids to accent your blue eyes and blow dry and curl you hair," she said.

I smiled. "That sounds good."

After about twenty minutes, I was done. Perfect timing because I heard the door bell ring.

"Oh, well, don't you look handsome," I heard my mom say since my door was open.

"You look so beautiful! Go have some fun!" Vanessa said.

"Thanks, Nessa. I love you so much!"

"I love you too. Promise me something."

"What?"

"Go fuck Alex."

"What?!"

"Seriously, there is so much sexual tension going on. Go have sex!"

I rolled my eyes. "Bye, Vanessa."

I walked down the stairs and Alex's eyes looked as if they were gonna pop out. "You look so beautiful."

"Thank you," I smiled. "You look handsome as always."

"I'm not as dressed up as you though."

"It's okay. Let's go." He grabbed my hand and led me to the car. He opened the car door for me. "Aw, thanks."

(Alex's POV)
We sat there in silence as I drove but I just held her hand and every time I looked at her she would just smile at me. She really did look amazing. Bangable. She's such a damn tease. I love her though and when the time comes it'll be amazing.

We got to the restaurant and I rented the whole place out so it could just be the both of us.

"Oh, Alex, this is amazing," she said and hugged me.

"I'm glad you like it. I feel like an overachiever." I smiled.

"Good. There's not that many guys that are this romantic." We ate our dinner in silence and I bought her a present. "I got you a present."

"But I didn't get you anything. I feel bad. It's hard to find things for you." She frowned.

"It's fine." I gave her the box and she gasped. "It's a promise ring. It's a promise that we will be together forever." I grabbed her hand from across the table. "I love you."

"I love you too," she said and we kissed from across the table.

We finished eating our food and then we were back in the car. I finally finished writing the song and I plan to sing to Eliana. It's about our whole relationship. I decided to rent a room out at a hotel. I already had my stuff in there.

"What are we doing here?" she asked when I pulled up in front of the hotel.

"It's a surprise. Come on," I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't posted in a really long time. I'll post again when I finish writing the chapter. I feel like I'm on a roll. Anyways, comments, please? Plus, here's their outfits and the ring. Click!