Status: Active, when we find the time :D

Truth of Their Hearts

Chapter 4

Eli’s POV

Florence shook her head and blinked twice in a very thoughtful way. I looked at her over my croissant and black coffee, and studied her every movement while she tucked in to a very large breakfast of pretty much everything that was on the bar. I wondered where she put it all, the alcohol and the food. She had such a small frame and was impeccably skinny. Her gorgeous hair was shadowing her face as she ate. I was maybe stairing a bit too much, but stopped when her features turned annoyed and she looked up,
“Eli, do you have a problem with me?” She asked, impatiently returning to her breakfast.
“No..” My voice trailed off, she didn’t need to know the truth. Not yet anyway. I sipped my coffee, not taking my eyes off her. This wasn’t a smart move, as when I held the cup to what was supposed to be my lips, it turned out to be my chin and scalding liquid trailed down my shirt. That woke me up, that’s for sure. Florence didn’t look impressed, she put down her fork and waved over one of the well dressed ‘posh’ waiters.
He saw the state I was in, and was not impressed. He walked over all the same.
“Would Sir like an extra napkin?” He asked politely, but the disgusted look on his face said it all.
“Yeah…” I could feel myself getting embarrassed as he tutted and walked off in the other direction. When he came back, he held some cheep blue paper towels, hardly the ‘napkin’ that he spoke off. I wasn’t fussy and set about cleaning myself. Floz’ just stared at the ceiling.
"Florence?.." I stopped mid speech, I wanted to tell her about the hearts thing. It was the wrong time, so I decided on just keeping my mouth shut from there on in.
She sensed the tension, and asked to leave. I didn't stop her, in fact, followed.
"Do you want to go to the market? I heard they have some really cool waffles and-" I was cut short again when Florence collapsed. I quickly knelt down, 
"FLORENCE!" 

Florence's POV

I heard Eli's voice and felt the bitter ground, I must have collapsed again. My eyes opened stiffly, my body arched and ached as I attempted to sit upright. Eli's face came into view. 
"Floz, are you okay? Seriously, this collapsing business can't exactly be good for your health." He added a little laugh. 
"U-hh, yeah, I'm fine!" I put on a fake smile, hoping Eli wouldn't spot the difference. 
"Florence, I swear it's the alcohol. I really don't want you to hurt yourself." He sounded sympathetic. 
"Eli, I'm okay!" I tried to regain my height, but my left leg didn't want to move and that made me fall even harder. Squinting in pain, it was Eli to the rescue. Again. 
"Right Floz. I'm taking you back to your room." I didn't want to argue and felt myself being carried. 
          I forgot the hangover and tried to concentrate on Eli's breathing pattern. He took deep breaths, and I tried to match mine so we were in sync with his. He was beautiful, it must have been the eyes. They were georgous, such a deep honey colour that reflected the light, although he would always mention that he hated his eye colour. I found it to be another one of his strong points.
He had many, did Eli. I sighed, he would never think about me in that way. That emptiness returned, a feeling that I was all too familiar with. I truly felt empty, with the ability I had, this made me smile. 
Eli. Poor Eli. 
He has no clue. 
We reached my room, and Eli set me straight and took the key from my pocket. He opened the door and lay me on the bed. 
"Eli-"
"Floz-" We both spoke in unison and laughed. 
"You first." She chuckled lightly.
"Oh no, I was just about to say that..." His voice trailed off as there became a knock on the door. 
"Room Service!" The lady looked shocked when she saw Eli, and quickly exited the room. 
"Waffles?" I didn't want Eli to get ahead of himself, he was forever coming up with random things to say. 
"Yeah!" His face lit up as I took his hand and proceeded to walk out of the hotel.    
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short! I'm sorry :(
so, hello *waves* I'm Charlotte and I like writing collabs :D
This is part 4 of my friend and sister's fan ficcy so
I wanted to write some, 'cause florence and the machine are love <3
The coffee scene was good to write, and no, Im not speaking from experience there >.<
YAY

xx