Status: Comments equal Love....teehee <3

An Unexpected Romance

Brooding Can Lead To Dancing

“Ugh!” I grunted as I placed the last of my many boxes in my new room. The new apartment was cute, small albeit, but cute none the less.

It’s crazy to think that three months ago I had graduated from college and now I’m out on my own. Well, I do have my roommates, but I mean this is it. No more small town New Jersey, it’s the big time now. New York City, New York. I was extremely lucky to get an offer right away at Bellevue Hospital. They had a great Maternity Ward and as a newbie nurse, this job was like a gift from the gods.

However, I’m still going to act like a rain cloud and no one can do anything about it. I sat at one of the stools around the small island in the extremely small kitchen and sulked.

“Oh, fantastic! You get done bringing up the stuff and you mope some more. I really thought that this move would change you, but no!” ranted one of my best friends. His name’s Casanova De Luca and he is very Italian. Nova’s got a really big family and he can be really loud at times, but I love him anyway. I met him at CCM and we spent two years of nurse type training together. We later went to Rutgers for another two years with my other roommate, Stephanie. But back to Nova. He’s a great friend and easy on the eyes with his rich black hair and mocha colored eyes. His skin is a beautiful tan and he’s a charismatic, gentleman. Nova had all the girls running after him and his name seemed to fit him perfectly. However, ironically enough, Nova’s completely gay. He loves his men just as much as I do. He’s still a good buddy though; I’ll love him to the end.

“You thought this would change her? Ha! Really Nova? She’s going to brood for a while,” said Steph my other roommate and best friend. Stephanie Owens and I had been the best of friends since fifth grade. We bonded almost instantly with our similar biting wits and sarcastic commentary. She has long blond hair and extremely fair skin. Her baby blues were definitely one of her best features. She went to Rutgers all four years of college for a teaching degree. She was also offered a job right off the bat at Epiphany Elementary School, which is insanely close to Bellevue Hospital, where both Nova and I were going to be.

“Exactly, so let me be Nova. I have all the right in the world to be depressed and you know it,” I argued while taking the hair tie out of my hair. The soft brown waves tumbled down onto my shoulders and I laid my head lightly on the marble countertop in front of me.

“I know stupid Greg hurt you, but that was three months ago. You need to move on Charlie. He is just one guy,” said Nova. He always said this. Move on Charlie, you can have any guy you want…blah, blah, blah.

“Well, why don’t you put yourself in my shoes. You find your boyfriend of six years in the act on your bed in your dorm with your enemy. Then you give him a second chance because you think you love him and you’re going to get married. Happy and joyous, that is until graduation, where he has the audacity to dump you in front of the entire graduating class!” I shouted on the verge of tears.

Ugh and here come the waterworks

Yup there I was balling in my brand new apartment with my absolute best friends. Nova was rubbing my back and Steph was making my favorite peppermint tea.

“Baby doll, I know it hurts. Greg is a complete and utter…ugh there isn’t even a word to describe him. Jerk, will just go with that. But we’re here Char, we are in New York City!” Nova cheered. “We need to live it up! Let’s go clubbing!” Nova was overjoyed with his plan, but Steph and I weren’t.

Steph handed me a steaming cup of tea and sat at one of the other stools around the island. “You know how much I hate clubs. I can’t dance at all. But Charlie, you do need this. So that’s two against one. Tonight you’re going to dance, drink and make out with hot, random strangers.” Steph declared.

“I would fight this, but I know that means I’ll be dragged into an outfit I don’t want to wear by Nova. So, fine. I don’t want to though and I won’t enjoy it!” I retorted, giving in easily.

There’s no fighting these two.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a link to the outfits in this chapter!

Hope you enjoyed! Please comment and subscribe!!