Status: Comments equal Love....teehee <3

An Unexpected Romance

The Place I Call Home

The two weeks to Thanksgiving seemed to fly by. Work was still fulfilling, even if Dr. Maser was hitting on me a lot more. He’s my boss and the head Doctor in the unit. He’s pretty young and not bad looking, but I’ve never been into uptight, workaholics like him.

The flowers from Greg had stopped coming, which was fantastic.

Hopefully he’s given up…but knowing Greg this is just the beginning

It’s Wednesday and my last day of work for the week. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, so as soon as my shift ends Nova and I are packing. We’re leaving tonight, but the drives pretty short only like an hour, hour and a half. It really depends on traffic.

The time came and I clocked out along with Nova. We were approaching the exit when I heard someone calling my name.

“Charlie, wait up!” called Dr. Maser running up to Nova and I. He was out of breath as he asked, “Are you doing anything tomorrow?”

Nova gave me a knowing look. “Actually, I’m going to be at my parent’s house,” I said with a feigned apologetic look.

‘Oh, so you won’t be in town?” he questioned looking defeated.

“Yeah, I’m sorry. Was there something you needed Dr. Maser?” I asked already knowing his answer.

“Well, I was hoping we could go out for dinner,” he answered…typical…

“Um, maybe some other time Dr. Maser,” I said while inching toward the exit.

“Oh great! Maybe when you come back? And you know you can call me Nick, right?” he asked expectantly.

“Of course, Nick,” I replied with a forced smile and soon enough Nova and I were out of the hospital.

“Ha, I told you he liked you, but do you ever listen to me? No,” Nova said as we walked down the street.

“Whatever, Nov,” I answered fighting a smile.

Once we got to the apartment, we packed up all the necessities for our trip. Everything was set and Nova, Steph and I were currently sitting in the kitchen waiting for Levy. Well until we heard the honk of a car outside.

I peered out our window and there below was Levy in a little silver convertible. “What is that?” I shouted through the open window. Levy looked up and gave that infamous smirk.

“Are you guys coming or what?” Levy shouted back ignoring my question. He was wearing sexy aviator glasses and the mystery thing was being amped up all the way.

Before you could say ‘road trip’ we were driving down the highway, top down, with the radio blaring. The sky was beautiful, but it was freezing. Levy didn’t seem to mind though with a happy smile lighting up his features.

Looking at him like this, made me think about having a future with him. He’s sweet and charismatic. He’s spontaneous, yet always there.

No more thoughts like that! Gosh I’m getting soft…

“Put the top down it’s like below freezing, we’re gonna die!” shouted Nova from the back, where he and Steph sat cuddled up to contain some warmth. Levy let out a hearty chuckle before pushing the button for the top to come up.

“You okay?” Levy asked glancing at me before turning his aviator-clad eyes back to the rode. “You’re awfully quiet.”

“Just thinking,” I replied with a soft smile. I heard a quiet ‘aww’ from behind me and turned to see Steph looking away quickly and Nova brushing away a fake tear. I stuck my tongue out and turned back around.

“What’re you thinking about?” Levy questioned happily smiling so you could see all of his white teeth.

“A lot of things,” I said after some thought. My own smile was growing larger, Levy’s is just so infectious.

“Oh? Well, let’s hope I’m one of those things,” Levy chimed in with that all too well-known smirk as he through a momentary look my way.

“Maybe,” I said giggling. Levy’s hair was in his eyes and had been bothering me for quite some time into this ride. I gently reached over and brushed some of the hair away from his forehead. As I did this, Levy’s arms jerked causing the car to swerve. Beeps were blaring, but everyone was okay as Levy straightened the car back out.

“Everyone okay?” Levy asked through heavy breathing. We all nodded to freaked out to speak up. “Sorry, you caught me off guard Charlie.”

His blush made me laugh out loud. My laughing caused him to blush even harder. “I didn’t know you were even capable of blushing Lee.”

“Haha,” Levy resounded sarcastically. The rest of our trip went without a hitch. Nova and Steph were dropped off at their homes and soon enough we were pulling up to the place I’d always call home.

“So, should I know anything in particular before I dive into this?” Levy questioned pulling off his aviators. I got out of the car and walked to the trunk to get everything out.

“I guess the only thing I can say is that my family is the complete opposite of yours,” I responded smiling.

“Charlie!” was heard as the screen door slammed open and then closed. I was pulled into a huge bear hug before I could see my brother’s face. Scott was my younger brother and he was possibly the sweetest kid you’ll ever meet. He has shaggy brown hair, similar to mine, but shorter and brown eyes like my father’s.

“Hey Scottie,” I said as he finally let him go. He might be the youngest, but he’s still taller than me. The door opened again, but didn’t close for quite some time, signaling the rest of my family were filing out.

“Charlotte, I’ve missed you so much,” my mother, Lisa, said before wrapping her arms around me. My mom is like an older version of me. We’re the same height, have the same hair and eye color and have similar taste in just about everything.

“Hey Momma,” I said before I was pulled out of the hug by my dad.

“Hey there don’t forget your old man,” my dad said with a light smile. His name is Rudy and he’s a pretty big man. He’s tall and buff, but my dad’s really just a big teddy bear. He has short brown hair with a few gray strands here or there. He has green eyes with brown mixed in and is always sporting some type of stubble or beard.

“How could I ever forget you Dad? That’d be like forgetting how to tie my shoes,” I said with a smirk.

“Haha, smart-aleck,” he said as he pulled me into a head lock.

“Let her go, I don’t want my only sister dying on me,” Lucy laughed. Lucy is my brother Will’s wife. She was an only child and we’re really close. Lucy’s like the older sister I always wanted but never had.

“Hey Luc,” I greeted as we shared a hug and then I turned to Will. “Is it possible you got taller?”

“No, but it’s definitely possible you got shorter,” Will piqued. Will’s even taller than my dad, but he’s really lanky unlike my dad. He has dark curly hair and greenish-brown eyes. “I want a hug still, shortie.”

“Stop hogging Charlie, gosh,” Max exaggerated even adding a little huff. “Char Char I want you to meet Christine.”

A petite, girl came forward. She was really pretty and had amazing reddish brown hair. “Hello, Charlie. It’s nice to finally meet you. Max here hasn’t shut up about you,” she said with a beautiful British accent and a genuine smile.

“It’s nice to meet you too Christine,” I said going to shake her hand, but Max was having none of that.

“No, no, we don’t do handshakes in this family. We hug!” Max exclaimed pulling Christine and I into a strong embrace.

“No I feel like I’m forgetting someone, or make that two someone’s,” I said sarcastically glancing at the twins.

“Nope you got everyone,” Luke replied just as sarcastic.

“Yup, now it’s time you greet the important people,” Riley added on. If you didn’t know the two well enough, you’d probably mix them up. They both sport curly brown hair and blue eyes, but Riley is majorly outgoing, while Luke can kind of be an introvert.

“Hey boys,” I said giving each twin a hug. I then turned to Levy and he looked petrified. I smiled lightly and then walked back over to where he stood.

“Everyone I want you to meet Levy,” I said pulling him closer to the group. Levy made his rounds greeting everyone and then we went in.

“Well, Charlie, let’s hope you two fit in your room,” my mom said after everyone dispersed. “Your father doesn’t like the idea, but he hates the idea of you staying at a hotel even more.”

“We’ll be fine mom and I’m 24, I think I can make the right decisions,” I said the last part loud enough for my dad to hear. I heard a loud scoff, indicating my dad had heard me. “We’re gonna go chill for a little bit, you’ll call when dinner’s ready right?”

“Of course. It was nice meeting you Levy,” my mom said.

“You too Mrs. Morgan,” Levy said shyly.

Levy shy? That’s new…

“Oh it’s Lisa, Mrs. Morgan is my mother in law and god only knows I don’t want to be compared to that woman,” my mom corrected with a light smile. She kissed me on my cheek and then walked off toward the kitchen.

We reached my room and everything was as I left it. Purple walls, a grey bedspread, band posters on the walls and my huge book shelf. “I was expecting blue,” Levy mumbled as he sat down on my small full size bed.

“What?” I asked plopping down next to him. Levy placed his arm around my shoulder and pulled me back with him as he laid down.

“I thought your room was going to be blue, you know since your all tough. Maybe you were supposed to be a boy,” he pondered.

“Excuse me?” I asked perturbed.

“Just kidding tiger,” he said kissing my forehead gently. Levy was currently wearing this big goofy grin as he rested his head back down.

“What now?” I questioned rolling to my side so I could lean into his chest.

“Nothing,” he said not losing that smile. I poked him a couple of times and he decided to answer. “It’s just your family’s already so nice to me and they just met me.”

“Well, they’ll like you even more once they get to meet you,” I said looking away from his eyes as I felt my cheeks begin to burn.

“Charlie,” Levy said softly. I looked up and he captured my lips in a kiss. A kiss that still set my nerves on fire.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you miss me? :) lol...sorry for the overly long wait.

Hope You EnJoyed!! Comment & Subscribe!! :)

Here's a link to Charlie's outfit!