Status: Comments equal Love....teehee <3

An Unexpected Romance

Football Lovin'

“So teams, Dad, me, Riley, Scottie and Max against Charlie, Baker Boy, Christine, Mom and Luke,” Will shouted out as we stood in the backyard.

“What?! What kind of jacked up teams are these Will?” Lucy screamed from her spot on the sidelines. Will had to promise a foot rub and an extra piece of pumpkin pie for Lucy to accept not playing. Will’s become super precautious since they found out about the baby.

“Baker boy?” Levy whispered as we stood watching Lucy and Will fight.

“Hey, you’re lucky you have a nickname,” Christine put in from her spot next to Max.

“I guess so,” Levy chuckled.

“Alright break it up you two,” my dad said as he picked up Lucy and sat her down in the seat she’d been previously sitting in. “Will you didn’t even ask if everyone wanted to even play.”

“Ugh,” he grunted turning to the rest of us. “Well, anyone not want to play?”

My mom, Christine, Luke and Max all raised there hands. I’m pretty sure Levy would have to if Will wasn’t glaring him down.

“See,” my dad taunted like a little kid.

“Fine, your loss people. It’ll be me, Dad and Riley vs. Charlie, Baker Boy and Scottie,” Will finalized. We agreed and were soon set up in the backyard for our traditional Thanksgiving football game.

The game was going good and my team, surprisingly enough, had the upper hand. I threw the ball to Levy since he was completely open, but he was mowed down by Will.

“Will! What’s wrong with you?” I shouted as I ran over to where Levy laid on the ground. “You okay?” I asked as Levy got back up.

“Yeah I’m fine,” he answered with a laugh.

“That’s how football goes Charles,” Will defended as he held the ball next to his smirking face. “If you guys want to go bake cookies please do.”

“Don’t worry tiger,” Levy whispered as he saw me getting all worked up. “He’s just testing me out.”

“I guess so,” I muttered as we set up again. This time I was going to follow Will’s “rules”.

The ball was with Scottie as he ran to the makeshift end zone and Will was on his tail. So, simply enough I jammed my elbow into Will’s gut which caused him to tumble to the ground.

“Yeah Charlie! Sock it to ‘em!” shouted Luc from her seat.

“What in the hell?” You can’t do that!” Will shouted as he got up from the ground.

“Yeah I can, that’s how football goes Willamina,” I retorted sarcastically.

“No,” Will supplied stubbornly.

“What wanna go William? Huh? Huh?” I pushed as I jumped up and down slightly with my arms raised in fighting position. This definitely wouldn’t be the first time I got into a fight with one of my brothers.

“You need to take a chill pill smurf,” Will laughed getting a chick out of this.

“Are we gonna play ball or what?” my dad shouted from where he stood next to Riley who was keeled over in hysterics.

“The munchkin started it,” Will whined.

“Sure I did,” I said before kicking the back of Will’s knee causing him to fall once again.

“Charlotte Renee Morgan!” Will shouted before chasing me around the length of our backyard.

That went on for quite some time, but eventually we got back to the game. Will’s team won by only one touchdown, yet he still insisted in rubbing it in my face. My mom called us in, signaling dinner time.

We gathered around the kitchen piling up our plates before we all took our seats in the living room. Levy was about to dig into his plate before I grabbed his hand. He looked up quickly and saw everyone grabbing hands.

“Levy since you’re the newest member of the family would you like to say grace,” my mom said kindly, but her words had a huge impact on me and probably Levy too.

“Um, well, I wouldn’t want to take that honor away from Mr. Morgan,” Levy said quickly recovering. This brought a smile to my dad’s face.

“Of course Levy and you can call me Rudy,” my dad said with a chuckle. “Well, let us pray. Dear lord we thank you for this bountiful meal and a beautiful Thanksgiving Day. It is you who has given our family health, prosperity and happiness and we humbly thank you. We pray you keep our family in good light for future health, love and happiness. Amen.”

“Amen,” was chorused through all and everyone happily began to eat. Levy had a small smile on his face as he ate that I couldn’t get out of my head.

“Wow, Lisa your food is amazing,” Levy uttered as he finished off his dinner.

“Why thank you Levy,” my mom said with a bright smile lighting up her face. “now who’s ready for pie?”

“Right here! This guy wants a whopping piece Mamma Morgan,” Lucy said rubbing her tummy lightly.

“Guy?” Will asked. “I thought you wanted a girl.”

“I was talking about me Will-com-poop,” she answered sarcastically. Her answer was greeted by a riot of laughter.

Soon pie was finished and everyone was happily saying good night, already tired from the tryptophan.

“Thanks for dinner,” Levy said to my mom and dad before we left the kitchen.

“Of course Levy. I’m glad you enjoyed it,” my mom replied as she placed the left-overs into the refrigerator.

Levy and I were almost to the stairs when we heard, “Hey wait up.”

My dad came walking up behind us. “What’s up Pops?” I questioned leaning on Levy, my body tired from football.

“I was wondering if I could talk to Levy for a few,” my dad said staring directly at Levy. This instantly woke me up.

“Yeah, sure,” Levy said lightly but you could see the anxiousness in his eyes. “I’ll be up in a second Charlie.” Levy left a chaste kiss on my forehead before following my dad into the living room.

I continued my way upstairs and upon entering my room decided I would call Steph and then Nova.

I quickly dialed Steph’s number and by the fourth ring I heard a happy “Hello”.

“Hey Steph, how’s your Thanksgiving going?” I asked

Hey Charlie! It’s going great, but I’m more excited to go back tomorrow.

“Are you seeing Allen tomorrow?” I asked getting the hint.

Yeah,” she answered and then laughed lightly. “He’s taking me out to dinner after we get back.

“Aww, you two are too cute,” I chuckled. A lot of noise erupted in the background. “Your family having the big neighborhood party?”

Indeed and I’m being summoned, so I’ll see you tomorrow Charles! Love you,” Steph rushed as the noise got even louder.

“Alright, love you too Steph. See you tomorrow,” I laughed before hanging up.

As I put down the phone, my thoughts got the best of me. Do I love Levy?

I hurriedly dialed Nova’s number and he picked up on the second ring.

Baby Doll!” Nova shouted and I had to pull the phone away from my ear. I decided I’d have to put my phone onto speaker, so I wouldn’t lose all of my hearing.

“Hey Nova, how’s your Thanksgiving?”

Fantasmic! Oh mama and papa send their love,” Nova gushed referring to his parents. Those two were absolutely amazing.

“Well tell them I miss them and can’t wait to see them again,” I laughed.

You got it Charles. You know what, you sound like you have something one your mind.

“I’d really like to know how you do that,” I uttered astonished.

It’s a gift, but anyway. What’s up baby cakes?

“I think I may be in love with Levy,” I rushed out in one breath. “But I can’t tell him Nov.”

Well I already knew the first part Char, but why can’t you tell him? After all, didn’t he already say he loved you,” Nova surmised.

“It’s just-” my sentence was cut off by Levy walking into my room.

“You’re dad is so funny,” Levy said with a light smile as he pulled his shirt off.

Levy?” Nova questioned.

“Hey Casanova,” Levy shouted into the phone.

Why would you put me on speaker phone Charles?” Nova asked sounding devious. “Hey Levy guess what?

“What?” Levy said as he changed into pajama pants.

Charlie-

“Charlie’s really tired and needs to go to sleep,” I put in quickly. “Bye Nova.”

I hastily closed my phone and turned it to silent, knowing Nova would call back.

“Okay,” Levy dragged out as he jumped onto the bed.

“Yup, I’m gonna change.”

I rushed into the bathroom with pjs in hand and took many deep breaths before exiting back into my room.

“Your family is amazing tiger,” Levy muttered happily as he stretched his arms above his head. He couldn’t move very much so he put his arms back down.

“They can be pretty cool,” I said as I slipped under the covers.

“Thanks for this,” he said sweetly as he wrapped his arms around me.

“Anytime Lee.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay Chapter 20!! Haha :) Hope You Enjoyed!!

Here's a link to Charlie's outfit!!

Please Comment and Subscribe!!

The next few chapters should be fun ;)