Status: Comments equal Love....teehee <3

An Unexpected Romance

Happily Ever After

“What are you talking about? Puerto Rico is too a state!”

The loops in life are constant, yet ever-changing. We all walk through our time here on Earth day after day waiting for life to just hit us, smack us and tell us why we are even here. Sadly, nothing can be that easy, except for maybe love. Love will smack you around, pick you back up and explain the curious reasons as to why we meander through our existence. Love is unexpected many times, and can be unwanted at first, but in the end love is what makes the world go round. Love is all we have and all we need.

“Puerto Rico has never been a state and is still not one, you dolt!”

It’s crazy to think I could go from heartbroken to walking down the aisle to being whisked off my feet all over again. A certain mystery man still seemed to astonish me.

“Stop arguing you two. Nova, you’re wrong. Steph, you’re right. End of story,” I yelled to my two stubborn friends who stood in my backyard arguing as usual.

“I bet it will be a state one day though,” Jeremiah put in, coming to stand next to Nova with their sweet two year old daughter on his hip.

Jeremiah and Casanova made it official nearly five years ago, right after Levy and I got back together. They were happily living in a two bedroom apartment in NY. Two years ago they agreed to adopt and decided to adopt from right here in America. After all, there are so many children who are orphaned each and every day, not only in foreign countries but in the US as well. A small six month old with strawberry blonde hair and soft blue eyes is who they fell in love with. Her name’s Katherine and she’s a firecracker. We all call her Katie and she’s the love of Jer and Nova’s life.

“I don’t know about that. I’m almost positive it will remain a territory,” Allen argued coming to stand by Steph. He had little Hannah glued to his hip, the mirror image of Katie on Jeremiah’s hip. Hannah was also two and was a spitting image of Steph. She had soft golden blonde hair and sparkling light blue eyes. She was a daddy’s girl though, always cuddled up with Allen on nearly any occasion.

“Daddy, you forgot Hannah’s blankey!” Mia declared running out of the house to her father, but quickly hugging her mother’s leg. Amelia was Allen and Steph’s first child. A petite, dirty blonde with her dad’s hazel eyes. We all called her Mia and she was an absolute doll. She wore everything Disney princess and was possibly the politest child I’d ever met.

“Thank you, sweet pea,” Allen cooed, taking the fuzzy yellow blanket from his daughter’s hands.

“Ding dong the family’s here,” sang a very chipper Levy, who was sporting his favorite ‘Kiss the Cook’ apron. He walked to my side pulling me in as best he could with my ever growing belly. Currently I was five and a half months pregnant.

It was the Fourth of July. Levy and I had decided to invite both of our families over for a good ole fashioned barbeque at our rather large home in Upstate New York. When Casanova caught wind of this, he quickly called Steph and not only invited all of his and Jeremiah’s family, but all of Steph’s and Allen’s as well.

It was a surplus of people pouring into the house, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. These were the people I loved and will always love.

“Do we have enough food?” I laughed looking at all the people who were walking in to our backyard. I greeted many of them, but stayed near Lee.

“I think so,” Levy said softly, tilting his head down so he could peck my temple. “I can’t believe you’re mine, all mine.”

“What are you going on about?” I laughed quietly, looking up at his wonderfully handsome face.

“Just think about it. Five years ago, I thought I’d lost you forever. You, the best thing that ever happened to me and the woman I’m completely and madly in love with, were marrying another man. Somehow though, everything worked out and you’re mine,” Lee explained, pacing a large hand on my rounding stomach. “And we’re about to be parents.”

Levy and I got married only a year after he came running down the Church to the alter to stop me. This time, when we were in the Church, no one came running through objecting at the wrong time. For five years we’d been blissfully wed and only five short months ago we learned we were expecting.

With the tarnished wedding, my family wasn’t even slightly angry. They knew I wouldn’t end up with Nick, we weren’t meant to be.

I read in the paper a few weeks ago that Nick just got married. Her name was Loretta Klein, I believe and she was a journalist for The Wall Street Journal. They both were hard workers and it said both were more than in love. I was overjoyed for Nick. I knew he’d end up happy.

“Yeah, about that. I have some news,” I said softly. Levy looked at me perplexed. “Hold on.”

Everyone was milling around, picking at the food Levy and I already had set out with the help of Steph, Nova, Allen and Jeremiah earlier in the day.

I maneuvered my way through until I came to a table and stepped up on a chair. Not high enough. Levy rushed to my side, “What in the hell are you doing?”

He grabbed my hand and I used that to get myself up on the table. Levy refused to let go and appeared to be restraining himself from climbing up on the table as well.

“Hi, everybody!” I called out, getting nearly everyone’s attention. “Thank you all for coming. Happy Fourth of July!”

A chorus of Happy Fourth of July’s came from all. “Why are you on a table, fiesty?” Ollie nearly screamed, just walking through the door to the backyard.

“Well, I have some news and I thought I’d share it with everyone. It’d be too difficult to go to each family member one by one and that’s so not my style and-“

“You’re rambling Charles,” Will laughed from his spot very near the table. Many people laughed at Will’s attempt to joke.

“Funny. Anyway. I’m pregnant-“

“Obviously,” Lucy shouted from her spot next to Will with Rudy tugging on her leg and their daughter, Kelsey, on her hip. Kelsey had been named after Lucy’s mother.

“Really Funny. Anyway. Like I said I’m pregnant and recently went to the doctors. So guess what!”

“You’re baby has two heads?” Scottie questioned. This earned a back hand from Mike and Max.

“What is it Charlie?” Maggie asked excitedly.

“We’re having twins!” I said excitedly earning a riot of cheers. I was quickly pulled off the table by Levy and held tightly as he whispered in my ear.

“Two for one deal, tiger? Now, that’s my kinda wife.”

“Hey it takes two to tango, bub.” I laughed as Levy turned me around and rubbed my belly gently.

“I love you Mrs. Taylor.”

“I love you Mr. Taylor.”

And that was the unconventional and unexpected story of how I met my husband.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sad it's over :'( wow...I just can't believe it...this was my second story I'd ever written and published to any website...crazy.

Thank you all who have commented...subscribed....read my story!! It means everything to me <3

Look out for my new original story Searching For Perfection...it should be out very soon!

It's about a dancer who has set ideals for her perfect man. And amongst meeting guys, they have to fit her qualifications to be with her. What happens when she meets two guys...one who fits the bill and seems perfect and a wild card who could potentially thow off everything she's ever known!!

Comment!!! I <3 ALL OF YOU