Status: Comments equal Love....teehee <3

An Unexpected Romance

Can You Fix A Broken Heart?

“Nova’s an idiot,” I said to Steph once we got back into the apartment.

“What’d he do this time?” she asked while completing the finishing touches on her make-up. She was going on another date with Allen and she looked amazing in her beautiful strapless dress. They were going to some fancy restaurant that Allen’s parents just happened to own. Her job was amazing, her new man was amazing...it made me nostalgic for a time when I had a guy I loved.

“I just helped Charlie out a little. She’s being stubborn, so I took initiative and set up a date between her and the guy at the club,” stated Nova with a smug look on his face.

“Oh, the super sexy one that you ended up totally shagging?” she inquired whilst picking up her clutch purse.

“Okay, let’s get something straight you two. I was drunk!” I exclaimed, completely exasperated with my best friends.

“Baby doll, that means squat. You two are meant to be and I know it. Your children will be beautiful,” Nova retorted. He looked like he was daydreaming about my future kids. Kind of creepy.

“I’m not talking to you. Nope. You are cut off Mr. De Luca,” I said. I entered the kitchen and made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. They are my absolute favorite.

“Well, fine. Your going to have more reason to after I give you my next piece of information,” he said mischievously. I just gave him a look that indicated he should continue. "I’m getting your dress and doing your hair and make-up!” he cheered.

“I...you...uh! Steph? Help!” I stuttered out. She turned to me and shrugged her shoulders.

“You know how he gets Charlie. There’s nothing either of us can do,” and with that she left to go on her date.

Nova turned to me and opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off. “Still not talking to you!” I then walked to my room and closed the door with a bang.

So for the next four days I enjoyed work to an extreme amount and kept true to my word. I had not once spoken to Nova. If I needed to communicate with him, I would just write it down.

It was Friday and my last day of the work for the week. It was also the day of my dreaded date with gorgeous mystery man, Levy. Once Nova and I got home at five, he went straight to work. He made me sit down on the toilet, so I wouldn’t look in the mirror. Hence my reaction to what I saw when he placed me in front of the full-length mirror. My hair was in beautiful ringlets down to somewhat below my collarbones. My make-up was done expertly with a slight smokey eye and glossed, kissable lips. My blue eyes popped from the great contrast of my dark brown hair and fair skin.

“Nov, I don’t look like me,” I said in complete astonishment.

“You talked!” he yelled. “You talked to me! I knew my amazing beauty skills would make you crack! HA!” he shouted.

“I guess so Nova. I’m still not happy about having to go, but since I have no choice, I might as well look good,” I said with a sigh.

“That’s the spirit! Onto the outfit!” he cheered.

At least one of us is excited about this.

Turns out, the dress was incredibly beautiful. I mean yes I was wearing an awful lot of pink, but it was amazing. The dress was short, yet tasteful and sweet, yet sassy. It made me feel pretty.

“Oh, wow! You look fantastic Charlotte,” Nova said. He only ever said my full name when things were serious. “Baby doll, don’t let a broken heart get in the way. Let Greg go, Levy’s what you need.” He was always so perceptive when it came to what I was thinking about.

“It’s just not that easy Nova. Can you ever really fix a broken heart?” I asked. He gave me a tortured look and then a knock echoed around the room. “Looks like he’s here. Thanks for the, um, everything. I’ll see you later.”

“Of course, baby doll. Try to have some fun,” he replied. And with that same sorrowful look, he gave me a hug, a kiss on the forehead and walked off toward his room.

I walked up to the door and opened it slowly. There Levy stood, in all his mystery man glory. His hair was in a perfect askew and his outfit was expensive looking. He wore Armani shoes and nice slacks with a v-neck white t-shirt. Over top of that was a spiffy looking blazer, which completed the look.

“Hey tiger, you ready to go?” he asked with that infamous smirk on his face.

“Yeah,” I said closing the door as I exited. “So, where are we going?” I inquired.

“Ah, well that, my lovely, is a surprise,” he replied with his smirk intact. And that was the final word for the rest of our trip to the unknown location. In the car, Levy would glance over at me and open his mouth as if to say something, but then close it just as quickly. I really had nothing to say. I was lost in my own little world.All I had been thinking about was Greg and if I could ever be whole again. Yeah, I had a wild fling with the guy I’m sitting next to, but I can’t imagine allowing myself to let him love me or to love him back. Greg crushed my heart into little pieces, stomped all over them and then left.

“Uhm, we’re here,” said Levy a little awkwardly.

“Oh, I’ve wanted to go here for so long Levy!” I said with a genuine smile coming to my face for the first time on this evening. It was a cute little Italian restaurant. I can’t really pronounce the name, but every time I would go into the city, this particular restaurant would catch my eye. I just never had the time to go.

“Perfect,” replied Levy, clearly having a weight taken off his shoulders. We walked in and were quickly seated at a small, round table with a candle in the center. The waiter came over with a kind smile and gave us our menus. He told us the special, took our drink orders and then left us to look over the menu.

“You’ve been really quiet, Charlie,” stated Levy, almost looking concerned. It was strange, he hadn’t called me tiger and when he said my name I got those same butterflies in my stomach.

Go away stupid butterflies, you cause nothing but chaos.

“Um, yeah sorry. Just thinking,” I replied.

“Look, I know you didn’t want to go on this date, but it’s just I really like you and I’m pretty sure we have something. ‘Cuz every time I’m around you, it feels like all of my nerves have been set on fire. You do something crazy to me, Charlie,” Levy gushed. He looked at me with, what I think was, hope. Hope that I felt the same way.

“Then why do you act like a cocky jerk?” I asked. I truly wanted an explanation for his pompous behavior.

“I do not act like a cocky jerk,” he replied. Just as he said this, the waiter came back. We both placed our orders and then once again we were left alone.

“Let’s just end this discussion now, because you’re ridiculous. ‘I do not act like a cocky jerk’ HA!” I said mimicking him at the end. He looked perplexed, not angry. Which was a weird reaction. Then it looked like realization had struck him.

“You’re running away,” he alleged.

“What? I have no clue what you’re talking about. I’m sitting right here, stupid,” I replied cynically.

“Not physically running away. But you keep trying to push me away. Maybe you were hurt and that’s why, but I’m not that guy. I’m not going to hurt you Charlie,” he said. He’s a smart little bugger. Hit the nail right on the head.

“Thanks for the psychoanalysis, Dr. Phil,” I replied with heavy sarcasm. Our food then came out and we sat in silence while eating. Occasionally I would glance at Levy and he looked like he was contemplating something. I would also glance at the table right next to us. They were such a happy couple. They chatted and held each others hand across the table. I want that, but I don’t know how to not be bitter about love.

“You all done?” questioned Levy, breaking our bout of silence. I nodded silently. “Do you want something for dessert?” he asked and I shook my head no. “Okay then.”

The waiter had come over at perfect timing. He gave us the check and then cleared some of our plates. “I’ll pay half,” I said to Levy, while fishing for my wallet.

“I think not. Even though you didn’t enjoy tonight, it was still a date. So that means I’m liable to pay,” he replied.

“Levy…” I whined, but he just smiled, not smirked, genuinely smiled at me. Levy left a generous tip and then we took off toward the door. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t see the person in front of me and ran right into them. I fell back from the force, but luckily Levy caught me.

“I’m so sorry,” the man and I both said at the same time.

Why does that voice sound oddly familiar?

He turned around and I died. Well, not literally but Oh My GOD! In front of me stood, Gregory Davis, my ex.

“Lottie?” he questioned, using the nickname only he used.

“Greg, what are you doing here?” I asked with malice infiltrating my voice. Levy look at me questioningly, but I just stood there internally fuming.

“I came to visit my sister. We decided to go out to eat,” he said with a slow smile creeping onto his face. I then noticed his sister standing next to him, with a look of pity. She was always so nice to me, almost like my own sister. “Who’s this?” he questioned while pointing to Levy.

“This is Levy. Levy, Greg my ex-boyfriend,” I said introducing them. They shook hands and Greg looked like he was crushing Levy’s hand, but Levy showed no discomfort. They let go and glared each other down.

Stupid, competitive, egotistical boys!

“Ah, so you’re the ex. I think I get it now tiger,” said Levy looking as though he had all the pieces to the puzzle. Greg’s eye twitched when Levy called me tiger and it took all I had not to burst out laughing.

“So how’s Mandy, Greg,” I asked, saying the she-devils name with great disdain.

Stupid wannabe-Barbie, I hope her fake boobs fall off one day.

“I broke up with her,” he said while looking into my eyes deeply.

Oh no, I know that look. The puppy dog eyes he would always give whenever he did something wrong. Well not this time bub!

“And I didn’t only come to visit my sister. I heard you were living here now and came to win you back. I was so incredibly stupid. How could I give up someone like you? And over someone like Mandy, who’s completely fake. I’m so sorry Lottie and all I want is to have you back as mine. I always thought one day we’d be married, have kids and grow old together,” he pleaded.

“I always thought that too,” I said while smiling wistfully. He looked enthralled and stepped forward to embrace me, but I quickly put my hands up to stop him. “But that was before you decided to sleep with Ms. Walking STD and then have the nerve to break up with me after I took you back. You’ve already had your two chances, babe. Your time is up,” I said growing louder and louder. I then grabbed Levy’s hand and walked the rest of the way to the door, not once looking back.

“I’m not giving up Lottie. I will win you back!” Greg shouted as we exited through the restaurant door. I walked down the sidewalk with my head held high and my hand still clasped around Levy’s.

“Well, that felt good,” I said quietly to myself. But I guess not quietly enough.

“I get it know. Past boyfriend broke your heart and then you’re bitter about every future relationship,” he said smugly. With that I dropped his hand completely.

“Well, Levy, since you think you know everything. What am I going to do next?” I questioned with my own smirk. Not even he could take me down from my current high. I never really got to tell Greg off, and now that I have, it felt absolutely amazing. It's weird though, that I was having all those thoughts about him and then BAM! he's here begging for forgiveness.

“You’re going to come back with me to my apartment and we are going to have a repeat of the night we met,” he replied, shimming closer to me.

“Haha, no sorry buddy. I’m going to go home and sleep. And you’ll go do whatever you do. Thanks for dinner!” and with that I started back down the sidewalk.

“Hey, hey wait up!” Levy shouted running up behind me. He lightly grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him. “That’s it? You’re just going to leave?” he asked to which I nodded. “What about your rise home? What about us?” he inquired, lowering his voice slightly on the last question.

“Levy, I don’t want to have to deal with another serious relationship for a while,” I said to him. And truly I wasn’t. I didn’t need another Greg to re-break the heart that I believe is mending.

“What about a friend?” he asked.

I smiled widely and replied, “Friends are always good, but you'll need to work for it and stop being a cocky b*stard.”

“I'm not...” the look I gave him stopped his sentence in it's tracks. "Fine," he mutteredand then walked me to his car and dropped me off at my apartment. We ended the night with a nice hug that seemed a little longer than need be and a wave.

Only time will tell if you can fix a broken heart. And having great friends might just be the cure.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, my friend Mike "accidentally" hit me with a wiffle ball today and I have this huge bruise on my forehead, but I still got this chapter up like I planned. I never realized he had such an intense swing...but at least it was plastic and not a real baseball. But the good news out of that...he promised to be my slave for the day...and no not in the sick way...i'm making him wear my little sisters tutu to school and if he says no...I'm using the puppy dog eyes, they never fail!

Sorry that was so long here's a link to Steph's outfit and here's a link to Charlie's outfit!!

Please comment and subscribe!