Status: Comments equal Love....teehee <3

An Unexpected Romance

Fire And Ice

“Ahh, Charlie there’s a fire!! Get up out of bed! We need to go, so move you’re ass,” shouted Nova, while banging on my door. I quickly jumped out of my bed, opened my bedroom door and ran full speed toward the front door.

“Oh my god! What about all my stuff? What in the hell is on fire!” I screamed as I pulled on the door handle, only to realize it’s locked. I jerked on it for a while in my daze, not totally understanding what to do with a locked door, but my brain doesn’t work all that well in the morning.

“Hahahahaha,” I heard cackling from three very different sounding voices behind me. I whipped around to see Steph beet-red, Levy bent over clutching his stomach and Nova holding a camera, while laughing hysterically.

“There’s no fire is there,” I stated to the three buffoons standing before me.

“You should…have seen…your face!” guffawed Levy who had gained some semblance of himself.

“I don’t even know what to say to the three of you…,” I trailed off. “What time is it?” I asked nicely.

“7 am,” Steph said lightly after seeing the look on my face.

That’s when I exploded. “It’s a f*cking Saturday morning and you woke me up at 7 for a laugh! Are you sh*tting me? FIRES ARE SERIOUS PEOPLE!”

My last comment brought out a small trill of laughter from Nova’s lips. “I’m going to kill you Novocaine!” I screeched, and picked up the nearest thing. Lucky for Nova it was a pillow on the small couch in the living room. Nova handed the camera over to Steph and then bolted toward the hallway that led to his room. He was screaming like a little girl the whole way, mind you.

I took off right after him and easily caught up, tackling him to the ground. “You stupid, immature little brat,” I yelled while repeatedly hitting him with the pillow. He was screaming for me to stop, but still laughing.

“Whoa there tiger,” I heard from behind me and was then lifted into the air.

Stupid mystery man and his 6 foot tall frame

“Put me down! I am not a child!” I pouted which greatly contradicted my statement.

“I definitely know that. I mean look at what you’re wearing,” he whispered in my ear and then I remembered my current attire. I was in my favorite batman boyshorts and a loose fitting white v-neck shirt, in which you could easily see my black lacy bra.

I blushed violently, causing him to chuckle softly. “That’s not how friends act,” I said to him and he smirked. “Put me down.”

He finally complied and placed me back on the floor. “He retreated to what I’m guessing is his room,” Levy said after he saw me looking for Nova. I nodded and then walked back to my room, with Levy on my tail.

I stopped in the doorway and turned to face him. “Why are you here?” I questioned.

He smiled and replied, “Nova and Steph invited me over. They said you weren’t a morning person and they needed a good laugh.”

“Of course,” I muttered. “Um, I’m gonna go change, you should go chill out on the couch.” I said awkwardly. I then shut the door in his face and heard his hearty laugh through the faux wood of my bedroom entrance. It made me smile, but I soon wiped that from my face.

I came out half an hour later, dry from my shower and wearing appropriate clothing. I exited my room to find Nova, Steph and Levy all in the kitchen chatting it up without me.

Once I came in to the room, Nova looked scared sh*tless. I laughed a little and then punched him in the arm as I made my way to the refrigerator.

“Owwey,” he cried. “Alright I deserved that, but you know what when we have $10,000 from America’s Funniest Home Videos you’ll be thanking me.”

I chuckled while pouring myself some apple juice. “You irk me,” I said as I turned to look at the other two who were being very quiet. “Do you want anything to drink Levy?”

He looked astonished that I was actually talking to him, but I said we’d be friends so friends we shall be.

“Um, sure?” his statement came out as a question, which caused me to raise my eyebrow. “I love apple juice,” he finally said and I poured him a glass.

We stood there awkwardly in the kitchen, until Steph began to speak.

“Well, I’m going out with Allen today. So, see you guys later,” and then she tried to sneak off, but I quickly snatched her wrist.

“Hold on there, Steph. When do we get to meet the boy who’s got you smitten?” I asked with a small smile gracing my lips.

“You said smitten!” Nova burst out, falling over from the amount of laughter. Steph and Levy looked on questioningly.

“Um, inside joke. Anyway back on topic, when are we meeting him?” I questioned.

“I don’t know Charlie. I mean we just started going out and I don’t know if he wants to mee..” she was cut off instantly by Nova’s loud voice.

“We are meeting him tomorrow, got it?” Steph could only nod in response.

“You know you’re really good at that,” Levy commented about Nova’s gift (which I think is a curse because it always works) to persuade people into doing what he wants.

“Thanks a bunch,” he sang and then walked over to grab his jacket. “Well, I’m going to meet with Maxie!” Nova, then, bolted toward the door.

“Nova, take another step and I’m throwing out every single item of RENT memorabilia you own,” I said to him sinisterly. He stopped dead in his tracks and stared at me wide eyes. “Now, can you explain why you didn’t tell Steph or me that Max was in town?”

“Well, he wanted it to be a surprise. Don’t worry he’s coming by later…shoot. He’s gonna kill me now that you know,” Nova replied looking nervous.

“We’ll just pretend like we’re surprised when we see him later, okay?” Steph said, always the mediator with helpful advice.

“Okay, thanks. I’m late as it is, but I’ll see you guys later!” and with that he was out the door.

“I’ve got to get going too,” Steph said from beside me. She grabbed her coat and then gave me a hug before turning toward Levy. “It was nice to meet you, Levy. This morning was a lot of fun.”

“Nice meeting you too Stephanie,” he said and then we were the only ones in my apartment.

“So, um don’t you have work or something,” I said to Levy trying to get him to leave. I mean yes I’m trying to be his friend, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to spend every minute with him. But from the look in his eyes he had other plans.

“Well, normally we’re open Saturdays, but Ollie’s sick so I had no help. Thus, me being here,” he said with that cheeky smirk of his.

“Ahuh, well tell Ollie get well soon for me and I’ll see you around,” I said while briskly walking away, but since my luck sucks he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back toward him.

“Nope, you’re not getting off that easy,” he said while leading me toward the door. “I have something planned for today.”

Levy’s planning equals spontaneous whims of adventure. We were going ice skating in Rockefeller Center. I don’t know how to ice skate, leaving us at our current predicament.

“No, Levy! I’m not doing this. I’ll fall and then what am I going to do about going to work?” I whined while Levy laced up my ice skates.

Stupid persistent jerk! Why won’t you take no for an answer?

“This isn’t the tiger I’ve come to know,” he teased. “Don’t worry, though, I’ll be there holding your hand the whole way.” He said this so seriously that I felt my heart might fall out of my chest from the incredibly fast palpitations.

“Fine,” I huffed while sticking out my tongue.

“That’s my girl,” he cheered sending me reeling back into Ifeellikeiamgoningtothrowup Land.

Why does he have such power over me? Dumb mystery man…

Levy took me over to the ice and then entered the rink first. With my death grip on Levy’s hand I walked onto the ice and immediately my feet went out from under me. Lucky for me though, Levy easily caught me and put me back upright.

“Levy, I can’t ice skate,” I said with fear incasing my voice.

He looked me straight in the eyes and said, “I’m right here and I’m not going to let you fall.” Probably the most cheesy thing any guys ever said to me, but come on doesn’t every girl want a guy to say that.

I nodded and we started to skate along. I definitely wasn’t anywhere near being good at this, but I was getting the hang of it.

“Oh my god! I’m skating, Levy,” I cheered like a little kid, causing a chuckle to leave Levy’s lips. “I never thought that’d I be able to ice skate.”

“Well, you are,” and just like when my father let go of my bike for the first time, Levy’s hand left mine. I was skating by myself!

Accomplishment!

Sadly, this was short lived and I could feel myself falling. I braced myself for the cold ice, yet never felt it. Instead warm breath tickled me ear and calloused, large hands were laced around my waist.

“I told you I’d never let you fall,” he whispered. He quickly pulled me up and we skated for about an hour. We then returned our ice skates and took off in search of what Levy said was the best hot chocolate around.

We made it to a small stand and Levy paid for both of the drinks even though I vehemently refused to him paying for me. The hot chocolate was amzing though, just like Levy said it would be.

So, there we were walking along the streets of New York City, sipping cocoa and chatting. We made it back to my apartment and oddly enough I didn’t want Levy to go, but I’d never let him know that.

“Thanks for today Levy, I had a lot of fun,” I said to him. I felt like I was in high school again, going on my first date.

“Yeah, I had fun too. So I’ll see you around right?” he asked, I nodded and gave him a hug, which surprised both of us. Levy, though, quickly got over it and hugged me back fully. Once again, the hug seemed a little too long, but I let it go.

I waved goodbye as he walked away and then went into the apartment. I guess I didn’t realize how much time I had spent out because there in the living room sat Nova, Steph and Max.

“Surprise!” Max exclaimed while running full-speed toward me and pulled me into a huge-bear hug. Max is my all too hyper older brother. One of my many siblings, I have five and they’re all guys. He was studying abroad in England the last time I’d heard anything about where he was.

“Maxie what are you doing here?” I asked truly curious.

“What I can’t come to visit my favorite little sister and her two best friends?” He asked innocently.

“Well, since I’m your only sister, I’m pretty sure there is another reason for your random appearance,” I said.

“You were always so perceptive, Charlie. Well I guess I should just cut to the chase and tell you…,” long pause to which I started stomping my foot and began to open my mouth to tell him to hurry up, but he placed his hand over my mouth before I could say anything. “I’m getting married!”

“Ahh!” I screamed jumping up and wrapping him in a tight hug. “Oh my god, Max this is fantastic! But wait who is she?” this question earned a laugh from the peanut gallery on the couch, but I returned the chuckles with a glare.

“Her name is Christine and I love her so so much,” he said with complete adoration and devotion. “You and the rest of the fam will meet her on Thanksgiving. You’re the only one I’ve told yet, but I want to keep it a secret.” I nodded to make sure he knew I’d keep the secret.

“So, how long are you here?” I asked completely changing the subject.

“Ah, I’m just blowing through and decided to see ya Char Char!” He said happily. “I’ve got to jet though, I’m meeting some buddies up at a pub a couple blocks from here. So I love you and I’ll see you soon.” He pulled me into another bone-crushing hug and then gave the same to Nova and Steph.

After he left, I realized how tired I was. Nova got up and gave me a look, one that meant you better spill. “I went ice skating.”

I left Nova’s shocked face and went to bed.

I’ll leave tomorrow for Nova’s questions…
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, so I really enjoyed writing this chapter...so hopefully you enjoyed reading it!!

Here's a link to Charlie's pjs and a link to the outfit she wore on her "friend date"...Haha

Please Subscribe And Comment!!