Status: Comments equal Love....teehee <3

An Unexpected Romance

Long Lost Twinkle And Songs Of Sorrow

“So, you no Broadway talk or anything musical related. Some people don’t know every song in West Side Story,” Steph said to Nova and then turned toward me. “And you, no questions about his ex-girlfriends or if he likes kids.”

We were sitting in the kitchen on the small stools, while Steph gave Nova and I the list of do’s and don’ts on questions for Allen. He’d be here any minute and this was causing Steph to become overly frazzled.

I’d already been through the Spanish Inquisition this morning with Nova. He wanted to know everything about my…day (not a date) with Levy. I just told him the basics and left out details. Once I had told him about ice skating and hot chocolate, he swooned and I was left alone from the inquiries.

“So, after your dumb interrogation, Allen and I are going to lunch,” Steph finished off. I may have zoned out during her rules, but so did Nova. He was asleep on with his face planted on the small island. I shoved him a little and he shot up out of his chair singing ‘Tomorrow’ from Annie at the top of his lungs.

Steph and I were cracking up hysterically, when a knock came from the door. Steph opened the door and embraced her “man-candy”. She brought him in and he stood with his arm around her shoulder, and a small smile.

“Hello, I’m Allen Montgomery. Steph has told me so much about you two,” he said politely. You could tell he was raised to have manners to the extreme. Just the kind of guy for Steph.

“Hopefully only good things,” Nova said. He’d sat back down and looked composed after his sudden outburst.

“The best, of course,” He replied with a dashing smile.

“So, Mr. Montgomery what do you do?” I asked starting the questionnaire.

“I’m a pilot,” he said.

He definitely looks the pilot type

“Oh, very cool. So, do you live here in New York or was this just a stop?” I questioned.

“Yeah, I have a loft here in the City, but my job takes me everywhere. My parents live in California, so I always have a place to stay there, if I need too. And then I have a flat in London,” he replied thoughtfully. My jaw dropped and Nova’s did too.

“Jeeze man! Well, the only question I have is, are you gonna treat our Stephie right?” Nova asked after closing his mouth.

“Absolutely, she’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I never thought I could meet someone as amazing as Steph,” he said it all so honestly that you had to believe him.

I pulled Steph away to give her a hug before she left and whispered in her ear, “He’s great, Steph.” Her shoulders visibly relaxed and she hugged me tighter.

They left after that and Nova and I spent the day cleaning the apartment, dancing around mindlessly and singing like a couple of banshees. I think we might get some complaints from the neighbors.

Monday came faster than expected and Nova and I stopped at ‘The Cookie Corner’ on our way to work. We waited in the long line and when we got to the front, we were greeted by a flustered looking Ollie.

“Hey Charlie, Nova,” he said sullenly.

“No, feisty,” I said jokingly. He just smiled and then raked his hand through his hair. “Are you feeling any better? Levy said you were sick…,” I trailed off.

“Yeah, I’m feeling a lot better actually. It’s just Levy, he’s acting all weird,” he replied. I gave him a look, urging him to go on. “It’s just like, he’s trying to solve this over complicated puzzle, he’s always mumbling to himself and he’s constantly beating himself up over whatever this is.”

“I saw him Saturday and he seemed fine to me,” I said off-handedly. This wasn’t making any sense.

“Well, some guy came by the shop on Sunday. We normally get little to no business on Sundays. I don’t really know why, but anyway this guy got into this heated discussion with my brother and ended up punching him and then left. It’s all a little too bizarre for me,” Ollie replied.

“Um, maybe if I come by after work, I can talk some sense into him,” I said to Ollie and this brought a smile to his usually cheerful face.

“That’s be great, feisty!” he exclaimed. “Here, two chai teas and two blueberry muffins on the house.”

“Thanks Ollie,” Nova said brightly. We then left and made it to work, but when we got there in the nurses station stood a tall vase filled with brightly colored flowers.

“Oo, who got flowers,” sang Nova with a mischievous smile on his face. Nina, the nurse in before us had just clocked out and smiled my way.

“They’re for you Charlotte,” she said before leaving. I looked at the flowers and found a card.

Lottie my love,

Please forgive me, I’m so so sorry…I did wrong, but I’m here to make it right. I love you so much and you know that. We were perfect for each other. These flowers are for you and I’ll be around. Please just give me another chance; it’s all I need to prove to you how worthy I am. Remember the good times, baby .I’ve missed you. I’ll see you soon.

Your little Lovebug,
Greg


The stupid little note brought tears to my eyes. I did remember all the good times we had, but that was before he broke my heart. You know, I really had the dream life before he decided to slum it with a slut. He was captain of the varsity soccer team and we were king and queen of the Prom our senior year of high school. He even gave me a promise ring on Graduation; he said we’d be together forever.

Nova was reading over my shoulder the whole time and once he’d finished, he pulled me into a tight hug.

“Why, does he have to keep hurting me Nov?” I questioned.

Nova’s furious voice startled me, “I don’t know Charlie, but that stupid a**hole deserves to be locked away forever for the way he’s treated you. You used to have this sparkle in your beautiful eyes that was always there. But ever since he left you, the sparkles been gone.” His voice grew softer. “The sparkles back though, baby doll. Whenever I see you with Levy, there’s a twinkle that comes through. I know you don’t want to except it, but that boys perfect for you.”

“No, perfect doesn’t exist Casanova,” I said harshly and then went to work. Nova and I didn’t talk much the rest of the day and when it was time to go back home he grabbed my hand and led me the way to the bakery.

“Love you baby doll. Call me if you need me, okay?” he questioned to which I nodded. He gave me a big hug and a peck on the forehead before leaving to go to our apartment.

I entered ‘The Cookie Corner’ and the little bell signaled my arrival. Ollie looked up and smiled widely at me. He waved me over and then directed me to the back. I walked through the doors to see Levy hard at work rolling out dough roughly.

“You know if you roll it like that, your cookies will come out really thin,” I quipped with a small smile. Levy spun around with rolling pin in hand and a murderous glare, but when our eyes met the expression turned soft and melancholy.

“Charlie, what are you doing here?” he asked.

“What’s wrong?” I answered his question with one of my own.

“Why is anything wrong?” he questioned.

“Well, you didn’t call me tiger, you look like you’re about to take someone out with your rolling pin and Ollie told me something was up,” I said thoughtfully.

“Well, nothing’s wrong,” he said it like that would just end the conversation.

I walked over to where he was working and put my hand on top of his own. “You know you can talk to me,” I said lightly.

“There’s something missing Charlie,” he whispered. I was perplexed. “What am I not getting with you? I know you’re broken, but I can fix you.”

“What? Where in the hell did all of this come from?” I questioned angrily while pulling my hand away from on top of his.

“You won’t let me in…and your ex came by the other day and said he was gonna get back with you. And I just don't want to lose my only chance with you to some scummy jerk. "

I started walking away, tired of the psychoanalysis from everyone. First Nova and then Levy of all people. Plus I had had enough with Greg. “I wrote you a song,” Levy shouted.

I just left, waved at Ollie and then walked home. When I got into the apartment, much to my dismay stood yet another vase filled with flowers. I read the first line…My Lottie…and picked the flowers up. Nova and Steph just stared at me as I chucked the flowers out of our second-story window.

Tears were streaming down my face, by now and Nova made a move to come hug me. I shook my head and then walked into my rooms, letting my sobs rock me to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this chapter may seem kind of depressing by the end, but I want to show how dependent Charlie was and now without Greg, she doesn't know if anyone can ever give her that kind of security. Well, ya...this made me feel bad for Levy too...poor persistent jerk!

Hope You Enjoyed!! Comment And Subscribe!