Sequel: House of Lost Minds
Status: Co-Write (Kayleigh & Caitlyn) :D Finished!

Unknown Visit

Elerna

“I'm not going. I'm going to live with dad.” I wasn't going. Not to France. Come on, where the hell did my mother get money for that from? That's what I really want to know. But I couldn't care less about anything else really.

“Yes you are, I am your mother, you will listen to me” “Yes, and he is my father.” I mimicked her exact tone, causing Joey, Chris and Sky to all giggle. I was the one who will actually be mouthy and bitchy to our mother. Chris does sometimes, but I do it more. Because I really don't care about any beatings I get.

My mother just scowled at me. “Pack your stuff. We are moving!” She slammed my door shut and stormed down the stairs, and out the house. I went to the window and peered out. I watched our mother climb in the car and start it up. I have a plan.

I went over to my bed and started to pack. Chris placed a hand on my arm. “You're actually going?!” I looked up at him, smirking. “No, I'm not going with her. I'm doing something that I should of done a long time ago, I'm running away. And if you three know what's best for you, you would come with me.”

I turned around to see my brothers and sister gaping at me like I was mad. Okay, maybe I might be. I sighed and rolled my eyes. “Oh please, I know each of you have thought about it. Even you Joey.” They all nodded, embarrassed. “Yeah, maybe Elerna. But come back to reality, yeah? Running away? Come on!”

I just scowled at my brother. Of course I'm in reality, we always have to be in reality. “Chris, I am in reality. We have no one caring for us. Hell, I've been the main person looking after Sky and Joey. You took yourself into your own hands. But look at us all.” Chris did look around. Sky and Joey did too.

“What? What's wrong with us?” I sighed. “We're the only people around for each other. Our family is broken, we have almost nothing. Hell, anyone can tell that we are not wanted in this house. Our mother does not want us. Can't you see that?!”

Sky looked me dead in the eye. And I could see that she could see it. “I thought I was the only one who could feel that. She has never wanted us. Never. Oh god.” She looked over to where Chris and Joey were standing, with questioning looks on their faces. “We have to go. We have to get out of here. Now. Elerna's right. We have to go!”

Joey looked a bit scared, he was only ten after all. Chris looked sceptical. “Are you with us Chris? Are you going to come with us, the people who need you. Or will you stay, with the people who give no damn about you. About any of us, their children.”

Finally it looked like Chris gave in. “Are we actually going to do this?” I nodded. “We have to get a move on. We have to go.”

Then we all started moving around. Chris took Joey and went to pack a small bag. Only what we would need. Because we have to go. Sky looked to me. “I don't want any of my stuff Elerna. I just want to get away from here. I hate it here.”

I smiled at her slightly before grabbing some of my stuff from my desk and dumping it in my small rucksack. “Okay Sky. It's okay. You can use my stuff. It's the same. It's all the same. And it'll be lighter. We can travel more.”

“Where we going to go Elerna? We have no where to go. No where.” I shook my head, before grabbing my money stash, shoving it in my pocket. I really didn't know. But I don't have to know.

“That doesn't matter Sky. Nothing like that matters. All that we have to focus on is getting as far away from here as possible. Even if that means, we have to rough it for some nights. We have to get away.” She just nodded, before dragging on one of my jackets. I smiled at her. “Then what are we going to do, Elerna?”

“I have no idea. But we'll make it. We have to. And if not, then we'll have to go the wimps way out.” Her eyes widened at them words. “But we're not wimps. We can't do that. That's crazy!”

I just rolled my eyes before dumping the last our needs in my bag. I zipped it shut, before pulling on my warmest hoodie. I would need it. I know. I grabbed the bag and pulled it on my back. Sky walked out of my room and I followed her. Nothing else we would need.

The boys were in Joey's room, zipping up their bag too. We only had two bags for us four. But that didn't matter. What did matter was that we were going to get away from here. We're going to be getting away.

“Are we going to be caught Chris? And be sent back here?” I watched as Chris sighed before shaking his head. “Listen Joey, I would rather die then be sent here. And I will not let them take you back.” “Promise?” Joey held out his pinky finger, before turning to me and Sky.

“Elerna, promise me that take won't take me back. And you Chris. Promise me.” I knew we didn't have to promise Sky, she knew it already. But I made my way over to Joey and pinky promised him, at the same time as Chris.

“We promise Joey, we will not let you come back here. Promise.”

And he accepted that promise. We went out the back door, and made our way through the alleyways, behind our house. We knew the way through all the alleys, we had used them nearly all the time when we were actually here. Once we were quite a way from the house, I stopped. Chris looked at me strangely, asking what's up. “We need to get away from here. I mean, away away. From this area. We have to catch a bus or train. And get the hell away from here.”

Chris nodded, understanding. “Yeah, I agree. But where?” “London? I mean, it's the capital city. It's so busy and so many living on the street. We'll fit right in.” He nodded, as did Sky. I could tell Joey still wasn't used to this. Scared that we would be sent back. But we wouldn't. We could make this.

And even if my letter to Rayne isn't exactly true, I put my family first. Even though she is near enough my sister. But if I went back there, I would be found. Because that is the first place our mum would look for me.

“Come on Elerna, let's go. It's getting late.” I looked to Joey and nodded. He came over to me and grabbed my hand. And I just gripped it tight. We started walking again, I was holding Joey's hand. And Sky was holding Chris's. Because we're the oldest, they believe us. I hope we can live up to what they believe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, I love writing this.
Heheheahaha, your turn Caity!
Have fun