Sequel: House of Lost Minds
Status: Co-Write (Kayleigh & Caitlyn) :D Finished!

Unknown Visit

Elerna

Sky didn't cry. She refused to shed a single tear for our mother. The mother who hated us, the mother who beat us. The mother who knew that our father beat us too. The mother who cared for no bit for us.

Joey cried, he cried to me. Because I'm his sister and not his brother. The way we grew up, if you were a guy and you cried in front of another guy, you were a wimp. And Joey took that in the family too. Bless him.

Chris and my tears subsided before he told the other two. We couldn't cry around them, we had to be tough and fearless for them. We can't be weak around them.

We were altogether with the social person, in the social building. They had to take us somewhere, and they took us here. For the time being, that's what they said.

I was sat with Joey on my lap, he was falling sleep against me. Even though he was ten, I didn't care. I let him fall asleep on my lap. He wasn't heavy, because he never ate much. None of us were heavy, we never ate much anyway. There was never much food around.

The door flung open, disturbing Joey from falling asleep. Our father strolled in, like he owned the god damn building. I heard Chris growl from beside me. The social woman who was with Chris when we met back up with him, came rushing up to him, welcoming him. Thanking him for coming so quickly for us.

Like hell were we going to go with him.

Chris quickly stood up, I followed straight after him. Sky and Joey were standing slightly behind us, because we were the ones for all the big talking. Our father sent us a gloating smirk. The social woman, turned to us, raising her eyebrows at how we were stood.

“Your father is here.”

I snorted, a father. What a father he's been. Chris just growled. “He is not our father. So, we are not going with him.”

The social woman looked confused for a moment. “I thought he is your father.”

“No! He's not our father. Ever. And you can't make us go with him.”

That was the end of the conversation between Chris and the social woman. She just lead our father away, probably to talk to him about it. There is no way she believes us. I knew that. Because really, who believed children? No one. Whatever children say isn't true. Because children are just attention seekers, and they lie. They are all lies.

That's how we are always failed. Because we're all under the legal age of eighteen, we're children. And children know nothing. To them, anyway.

Chris just started walking, holding Joey's arm tightly. I guess we were going. I grabbed Sky's and she gripped my hand tightly. We followed after them. But we were all stopped by the door, by one of the police officers. Officer Bellicose. He looked like a snide old git. Meaning, I don't like him.

“Hey, you're the George's, right?”

Chris just growled. “Yes, we are. What do you want?!”

He sounds so much like me. Snappy. The officer just frowned. “Hey, no need for that attitude.”

“Just, what do you want?”

The officer looked down at his papers, not knowing exactly what he needed to tell us. “Someone has been asking about you, wanting to go live with them. So you'd be safe and something like that.”

Rayne. That has to be Rayne. I watched Chris clench his fist. Before storming out with Joey. I just sighed before looking toward the officer. He was looking confused.

“Do you know who that someone was?”

“A miss Rayne Masters, do you know her?”

I felt Sky tense beside me. I just sighed before just shaking my head and making my way out with Sky. Joey and Chris were a couple of yards away, Chris pacing and Joey just hunched by the tree. I dropped Sky's hand and went straight over to Joey, and he ran into my arms. They were always a comfort zone for him.

“What a nerve! She has such a big nerve that I actually want to be sick! Safe?! Live with her? She bloody well killed our mother.”

“Calm down Chris. She probably didn't mean to kill our mother.” He just shot me such a look, that even I shut up. “Yeah. Probably. Or she had planned it. Planned to kill her. Just because you ranted about how much you hated her.”

“Hey! I did no such thing. I kept my frikkin mouth shut, like we all agreed. You know. Keep it within our family. You probably told your girlfriend or best mate. Or someone.”

His expression went from angered to a bit panicked before changing to frustrated.

“That's totally different. That is so totally different!”

I think all our mouths dropped. Chris told someone. Sure, I mean I told Rayne. But that was straight before we left. Because I knew I probably wouldn't see her again. Not until I was at least eighteen, but by then I wouldn't remember her or be bothered to see her.

“How the hell is that different! You bloody told someone, when we all agreed not to. No matter what. You broke the family pact, how could you Chris?”

“She cornered me, Elerna! It just came out! I swear, I didn't mean it.”

I was about to reply when Sky butt in. After being quiet during our little argument.

“Rayne would never do that to Elerna. I believe that it wasn't done on purpose.”

Chris just scoffed whilst I glared at him. Joey was still in an embrace with me.

“Of all the things you believe, you believe that killer!”

“I am sick of all this Chris! Living in fear! Then living on the streets! For once, I want somewhere I can call my home. I want to feel safe, in my life. Without needing either you or Elerna around for me to actually feel safe. Because I hate feeling like that! So why can't I believe her?”

I sighed as did Chris. Joey pulled away from me, looking up at me.

“Can we be safe for once, Elerna? I want to feel safe, I want to be safe.”

I looked towards Chris. Now the real feelings were coming out. We never had looked forward to this. I never had anyone to do this too. I'm the oldest. Chris could sometimes do this to me. But never often. But these two, have both of us to do it to.

And now they are.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun, dun, dun.
Caity your turn now!!
haha