Status: Updates might be slow because (I, Clara) suck at working

Caught Up In A Moment, But Not In The Right Way

Chapter Six

Clara

After Trace and Hannah’s birthday, we got offered to be on the Alice In Wonderland soundtrack. Mason and I got excited; he must have worked his ass off to make the song lyrics.

I started staying late at his and Trace’s condo to hear Mason’s small sessions, testing how he wanted it to sound. Hannah and I also started staying there when we had trouble finding an apartment. I even helped out by being Trace-without the creepy whisper sounds.

After what felt like forever in the studio, we had the track done. It was March and I got a letter from my grandma about my cousins birthday. I haven’t seen my family since I joined Metro, so I deiced it was best to see them.

“Do you have to go?” Mason asks as I neatly packed my clothes inside my Wonder Pets book bag (I’m a kid at heart, don’t judge me). I rolled my eyes.

“Mason, I want to see my parents. If you’re going to miss me that much, then come with me,” I suggested. He smirks pulling me over to him. I laugh, pushing him off.

“Would your family mind having me over?” he asks. I smile, nodding my head.

“My parents would love to see me with a guy,” I joked. He laughs, playing with his hair. The two of us nearly jumped out of our skin when the door to my room burst open.

"Guess what?" Hannah shouted. Trace followed her in the room laughing.

"What?" I said, holding my hand over my rapidly beating heart.

"Some Hawaiian magazine wants to interview us. They want is in Hawaii by Wednesday," Hannah said excitedly.

"You two are going to have to go by yoursleves," I said.

"Why?" Hannah asked.

"I'm going to see my parents today, and Mason's going with me."

She and Trace looked at each other and back to us, eyebrows raised.

"OK," Hannah shrugged. "That's weird, but whatever. Come on Trace, let's go plan this trip."

They exited the room and I continuded packing.

"Well, if you're going to come with me, you better get packing," I said.

"Right, I'll get on that," he said, but he just stood there looking at me.

"You alright there Mason?" I asked. He nodded.

"I just wanted to tell you something."

"Go ahead," I said. He opened his mouth to say something, but we heard yelling from downstairs. We both ran out the door.

"Don't talk to me like that," I heard an unknown female voice shout.

"Don't come in here getting a fucking attitude with me, bitch!" Hannah shouted.

"Oh shit," Mason said under his breath.

"What?" I asked.

"She's set Hannah off. She's so stupid," he muttered.

"Who? Who set Hannah off?" I asked as we ran down the stairs. When we reached the first floor, we saw Trace standing a few feet away from Hannah, ready to grab her if need be.

"I've only lived here for two weeks, and I've never laid a fucking finger on your prescious Mason," Hannah screamed.

"Chelsea," Mason said, getting the other girl's attention.

"Mason, what is this girl doing living in this house?" she shrieked. Her eyes turned livid when she saw me.

"And who the fuck is that?" she yelled. "Oh, I see what's going on here. You and Trace have got your own personal whores you keep around."

"Hey!" Trace and Mason both growled. Hannah advanced toward Chelsea, but Trace held her back.

"These are our new band members," Mason said. "They're here because they're having a hard time finding a place to live."

"Wait a minute," he said. "Why are you asking me why I have guests in my house? What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk to you," she replied.

"There's nothing to talk about," he said.

"I want you back."

"Tough shit," he growled.

"Come on Mason, don't be like that," she said, stepping up to him.

"Chelsea, don't do this. I would like it if you left," he said, taking a step back.

"Please Mason, can't we just talk?" she pleaded.

"No Chelsea. I've done all the talking I'm going to do. Now please leave," he said, opening the door.

"Fine, I'll leave," she said with a shakey voice. She walked out the door and Mason closed it.

"Sorry about that guys," he said, playing with his hair. "I uh...I'm going to start packing."

I was relieved he still wanted to go with me. I didn't think he would after that little incident.

"Are you ok?" Trace asked Hannah, who was still in his grip.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she said. "I'm going to go call LAX and get us flight tickets."

"I have to go pack," Trace said.

"Me too," I replied. I went upstairs and finished packing. I could hear Hannah in the next room talking to someone on the phone about flight plans. I laughed as her voice raised. I felt sorry for whoever was on the other end of that phone call. I walked to her room and leaned against the doorway.

"Listen lady, all I need is two tickets," she was saying. "No,two tickets," she said, raising her voice again. She looked at me and threw her hands in the air.

"Lady, put your hearing aid in," she said, frustrated. "I want two tickets on your next flight to Hawaii. First class," she said, anunciating every word. She listened for a moment.

"Yes, that's exactly what I want. Thank you," she said, hanging up.

"Airline giving you a hard time?" I asked.

"It was an old woman," she said. "They really shouldn't give old people jobs that require good hearing."

"They have to make money somehow," I said.

"What about Medicaid?"

"Hannah...Medicaid is for low income families, not the elderly. That's medicare," I said laughing.

"Whatever!" she said, holding back a laugh.

"Well, I have a flight to catch," I said, going to give her a hug. "You and Trace have fun in Hawaii."

"We'll try," she said. "Give mama Kelly and daddy Jim all my love."

"I will," I said. I went back and my room and got my suitcase. I drug it downstairs and met Mason in the living room.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

"Sure am," I said.

"Want me to drive?" he said.

"Alright," I said. We got in his car and went to the airport.

Hannah

I waited until Clara and Mason left to get excited about going to Hawaii alone with Trace. I ran into his room where he was packing.

"We're going to be all alone in beautiful Hawaii," I said, putting my arms around him from behind. He turned around and I jumped, wrapping my legs around his waist. He kissed me for a long time before putting me down.

"When does our flight leave?" he asked.

"An hour," I replied.

"Well, as much as I hate to say this, you better get off me so we can get ready," he said.

"It's ok, I'll be on you later," I said, winking. He smirked and smacked my ass as I left the room to pack my bags.

Trace and I had been sneaking around for a while now. When he and Mason decided to let Clara and I move in, it started happening more often. Sometimes we'd go in his room, sometimes mine. It's not very often that Clara and Mason are out of the house at the same time, but when they are, we do it in different parts of the house.

And now I wasn't doing it for the fun. I really do like Trace. I'm just scared to tell him because I'm afraid he won't feel the same way. I bent over my suitcase to zip it up.

"Hold that position," I heard Trace say from the door. I giggled and stood up. He came up behind me and slid his arms around my waist. He buried his face in my neck and started kissing. I let out a small sigh.

"We have to go Trace," I said.

"Aw, come on. Just a quickie?" he said, poking his bottom lip out.

"As much as I'd love to, we really need to go."

"OK, OK," he said. "But you owe me when we get to the hotel."

"You bet," I smirked. He grabbed my bag and his and took them to the car. He drove us to the airport and we got our tickets.

When we got on the plane, I grabbed my portable DVD player from my carry on.

"What are we watching?" Trace asked.

"Little Miss Sunshine," I replied.

"Great, I love that movie," he said. We watched it, and it lasted the whole plane ride. Trace practically drug me to the rental car and into the hotel. We were barely inside before my shirt was off.

"Slow down baby," I giggled.

"I don't want to," he breathed. In a matter of minutes, we were both completely naked; we proceeded to have the most amazing sex either of us have ever had.

When we were done, he put his arm around me and pulled me close.

"You're really beautiful, you know that?" he whipsered softly. I smiled, kissing him lightly on the lips. I slid out of bed and searched in my suitcase.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I'm gonna go lay on the balcony and get some sun," I said. I got out my pink and white polka dot bikini and put it on. He put on a pair of swim trunks and followed me outside. I laid in one of the lounge chairs and he sat on the end of it, rubbing my leg.

"You want to go get some dinner after this?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm starving."

He began tracing the outline of the shooting star tattoo on my stomach.

"I think I'm going to get another one soon," I said.

"Oh yeah? What of?"

"I was thinking about getting my name on my wrist," I said. He smiled and leaned over and kissed me.

"I'm ready for dinner," I said. We got up, got dressed and went to eat.

When we got back, my phone rang. It was Clara.

"Since when are you dating Trace?" she shouted.

"What?" I said, slightly panicking.

"I was just watching TMZ and there was footage of you and Trace making out on a hotel balcony in Hawaii!" she said.

"Who is it?" Trace asked.

"It's Clara," I whispered. "TMZ busted us."

"Aha! So it is true," Clara said.

"No, it's only half true," I said. "We're not dating. We're just sleeping together."

"You're sleeping together?" she said.

"Yeah," I shrugged.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" she asked.

"We wanted it to be exciting," I said.

"Well...now I know. So is it going to stop?"

When she asked this, I got scared and thought that maybe it would.

"I don't know. Let me call you back later."

"OK," she said. "Bye."

I hung up the phone and turned to Trace.

"Well, now Clara and Mason know," I said.

"I'm kind of glad," he replied.

"Why's that?"

"Because I really wanted to ask you to be my girlfriend, but I wanted everyone to know when I did," he said. I walked up to him and stood on my toes to put my arms around his neck.

"So, now that everyone knows...yes," I smiled. He kissed me softly.

"You're breathtaking," he said softly, playing with a lock of my hair. I bit back the desire to jump on him right then and there.

"We better get some rest for that interview tomorrow," he said with his forhead against mine. We changed into pajamas and crawled into bed. I snuggled against his chest and fell asleep instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so last night, I accidently posted this under another story of mine.
Brain fart! Sorry guys.
Well, here it is, under its rightful name.
Send us comments!