Status: Updates might be slow because (I, Clara) suck at working

Caught Up In A Moment, But Not In The Right Way

Chapter Seven

Clara

When the taxi pulled up to my house I felt sick to my stomach I was glad to be home after being away from my family for only a few good months its just the fact that I left without telling them goodbye and having them worried about me going back to my old habits of drinking everyday and getting high all night.

Mason looks at me as he starts to open the door I smile a little getting out I dig into my wallet filled with cash and pay the cab driver before stepping out smelling the fresh scent of Ohio it was still winter here I could see the snow lightly on the ground Mason grabs his suit case and almost all of mine I laugh taking them from him he smiles shyly.

“I didn’t think it was going to be cold here.” He says looking around.

“You’re acting like you’ve never seen snow.” I say moving forward he shuts the trunk catching up with me.

“Do your parents get along? My parents do that’s how I am a great person I learn from them.” He starts to trail off thinking I was listening he’s been acting weird ever since we came to Ohio on the airport he made me play twenty questions and kept trying to flirt it failed horribly but it was cute so he made it work.

“Mason, I never saw my dad happy with my mom after I was seven but they make it work when I come home being a former drug user they try to be somewhat normal.” I say realizing we were at the front door I look back at him he was hurt I sounded like a bitch.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have asked.” He says looking down I grab his free hand he looks up.

“This is supposed to be fun its fine you have the right to know we are band mates.” I mess with his snow covered head he smiles weakly as I punch the familiar knock my dad and I do.

As the door open I could hear Mason say something but I didn’t know what it was I just shrugged it off as nothing.

“Oh my god Clara you’re here!” I smile allowing my dad to pick me up in his strong arms I kiss his cheek feeling my eyes watering I love my dad we’re best friends.

“I missed you too Dad, Mason this is my dad and Dad this is Mason my band mate.” I allow Mason to shake my dad’s hand he smiles at Mason a little letting us inside.

“You two must be worn out, How about we have some fun tomorrow? it’s late out” Dad says I knew mom was already in bed Mason takes his shoes off by the door I do the same dad takes my suit case and Mason’s.

“I’ll take this to your bed room, you two just relax a little.”

“Thank you dad.” I kiss him on the cheek again before letting him go to the hallway where my room was and my little sister’s room.

I felt strange being home and alone in the same room with Mason he looks over at me with his sunglasses off I hate how Trace and him hide their faces the only person who has a right to do that is Lady GaGa.

“You’re dad seems like a cool guy.”

“He is the coolest man on earth.”

Mason

Clara and I were alone in her house. I felt like an awkward teenager again. I had tried to flirt with her a little bit on the plane, but I feel like I didn’t do too hot. We sat in silence for a while, neither of us really knowing what to say.

“Mason, I was thinking maybe we could go out sometime,” Clara said quickly. I was sort of taken aback by her abruptness, but pleased nonetheless.

“You know, I was thinking the same thing,” I said. She looked relieved.

“It took me a while to figure out if that was a good idea or not,” she said. “But if Hannah and Trace can do it, so can we.”

“Hannah and Trace aren’t really dating though,” I said. “Aren’t they just sleeping together?”

“Having sex with the same person for more than one night is like marriage to them,” Clara laughed, making me laugh as well.

“I don’t think it will last very long,” I said, becoming serious.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“I know Trace. He hasn’t had a serious relationship since Hanna Beth. I think he’s given up on relationships.”

Even as I said it, I found myself hoping it wasn’t true. Hannah’s now one of my closest friends, and I don’t want to see her hurt.

“Oh well, Hannah’s a big girl. I’m sure she’ll be fine,” Clara said.

“So when we get back to L.A. we’ll go out,” I said.

“Sounds good to me,” she said. “But I’m pretty wiped from the flight, so I think I’m going to head to bed.”

“Yeah, me, too,” I replied, following her down the hall. She walked into her room, and I followed her.

“Uh…Mason? Whatcha doing?” she asked.

“Oh, right. Sorry,” I said, blushing and messing with my hair. “Guest room?”

She pointed across the hall.

“Right, gotcha,” I said, going across the hall. I changed into some pajamas and crawled into bed. I was completely exhausted from the trip, so I fell asleep easily.

The next morning I woke up in the guest room the sun light was blinding half the room I roll out of the bed finding myself to the guest bathroom seeing my hair in a mess I had really bad hair days I always either slid everything back, put a hat over it, tie it up, use a flat iron, or hiding away from the world in bed all day.

I walk back to the room to my suit case dragging out the flat iron hearing soft foot steps behind me I quickly turn around seeing Clara her hair perfectly in a mess like mine she holds up her own flat iron.

“Amber, took the down stairs bathroom do you mind sharing?” she asks before yawning.

“This is your house Clara, so be my guest.” She smirks going in the bathroom I follow her she had short legs I snicker she turns around.

“What is so funny?”

“You’re short.”

“Thanks.” She says with a glare I laugh a little plugging my flat iron into the outlet she does the same.

I wait a little for mine to heat up Clara was starting to put her hair up in different directions I shake my head taking put of mine and working it out.

“My sister has to get to school I want to drive her to see my old high school, then after that we are going to get something to eat.” She says telling the morning plans.

“I could use some homemade food though.” I mutter she stares at me as if the word homemade was foreign to her she cracks up I give her a weird look grabbing another section of my hair.

“This house in the morning has no breakfast unless it’s a weekend or dad doesn’t have to work.” She says with a smile.

Two hours later we were both done with our hair, brushed our teeth, and got dress next thing was to meet her little sister down stairs.

Her little sister looked like a man to be honesty she scares me staring at me like a creep and her mom has already made me know I wasn’t going to be liked by her I could tell her and Clara didn’t have the kind of relationship I have with my mom.

I felt really bad of how they seem to act around each other her dad living with a woman he doesn’t love, a daughter who from what Clara says acts like she’s five, and Clara who is the only sane person with him I think home life was horrible for her too but I don’t understand how she can be so happy.

“Clara, will you hurry the fuck up I have to get to school.” Her sister unable to understand English Clara flips her off grabbing her car keys I never knew she could drive I was a little nervous putting my coat on her mom was still in bed the sound of snoring was hear through the whole house.

“Do you know how to drive?” Clara asks I blush a little her sister gives us a weird look.

“I do a little bit I only have my motor cycle.” I reply messing with my hair Clara smiles walking outside I pull my sunglasses on my face feeling it quickly get numb.

So far I’ve never been in this part of Ohio before we’ve only been to Cleveland, Canal Winchester, and Cincinnati sometimes Columbus but Lancaster seemed like a southern area.

I saw kids playing in the snow people getting in their cars, people cleaning their cars, and some deer Clara was singing along to a mix CD she was annoying Amber who was groaning about it.

“So Amber what grade are you in?” I ask as Clara was changing the song.

“I’m going to be a junior next year.” She smiles I smirk turning back around Clara was singing along to the Cure I join in singing ‘Friday I’m in Love’ she giggles at me I push my hair from my eyes fixing my sunglasses.

We park the car in the front of the school it had two buildings and students walking inside Clara gets out so I follow, a few kids looked at us taking two glances Amber waves at them they rush over with happy looks on their faces. Two red heads staring at Clara and I with amused looks I cough a little.

“Amber, I thought you were lying when you said Clara was working with Mason Musso from Metro Station.” One with the longer and slimmer figure says.

“She wasn’t lying Marissa, Mason this is Marissa my best friend from high schools little sister and I don’t just work with him I think Amber forgot to tell you I’m in Metro.”

The other red head smiles her blue eyes sparkling in the sun light, Marissa blushes looking at me again I feel weird Clara hugs the two girls and smacks her sister in the back of the head.

“Now you three go inside and learn something not stare at my boy- I mean Mason.” I blush at her they nod walking away.

Clara

After Mason and I ate at Todd’s I thought it would be nice to get some fun out of the small three day trip by going to the mall. Mason was able to drive the car there he almost got pulled over the speed limit in Ohio isn’t very high like California I had a few laughs at hi yelling at drivers not being careful or talking on their cell phones.

“How the hell do these people pass a damn test!” Mason shouts as we head inside the mall door.

I inhale the fresh scent of popcorn from the cinema, Damon’s steak house, and the shoe store.

I smile grabbing Mason hand he looks around seeing the movie posters he gasp seeing Alice In Wonderland.

“Can we see this on the last day?” he asks I giggle nodding my head I take him where most people were at food court he tighten his grip on my hand I didn’t hate that he was touching me, I hate the fact that I’m acting like best friends when it’s clear we like each other, and that we were in a place filled with fans.

“Clara, is it normal for people in band shirts to stare at us even with my sunglasses on?” he asks motioning his head to a small crowd of girls in ‘Boys like Girls’, ‘All time Low’, and ‘Cobras Starship’ shirts and skinny jeans tighter than Mason and mine.

“Just act like you don’t see them, want to go to Hot Topic?” I ask as we stand near Game Stop.

“Can we go to body jewels too? I want some new ear rings.” He says tugging at his diamond ear rings I laugh.

“Yes, pretty boy we can now come on I don’t think it’s safe to be here for so long.” I was about to move till out of nowhere a crowd was around us I curse seeing fans staring with smiles and quickly starting to talk in high voices, flirting with Mason, and glaring at me.

“Mason Musso, oh my fucking life what are you doing in Lancaster? Is Trace with you?” a girl with black fake hair asks.

Mason smiles kindly at everyone I wish I was use to this still.

“I’m here with Clara, we’re on a good long break Trace isn’t here now if you don’t mind we really have to go.” I felt his hand gone the warmth was fading as some fans push me away I glare at them as the crowd Mason.

I run over to the hat store the owner looks at me like I was on crack I rush to him.

“Hi, I’m Clara Zombie.”

“Hi, can I help you with something?”

“Could you call security, Mason Musso is being crowded by some fans.” I felt rejected he didn’t even know I was in the damn band.

“Yes, I’ll make sure they get there right away.” He grabs the phone I smile as a thank you.

I take a look Mason was still trying to be nice as more things we’re handed to him and pictures being snap he took off his sunglasses staring at me for help I mouth ‘security’ he smiles going back t his sunglasses being on his face as the sound of feet rushing over they stare at me.

“We’ll take care of this are you with him?” one asks as the rest get to the crowd.

“We’re both band mates you might want some of your men with us.” I advise him he nods.

Mason was being taken away from the fans I follow with the one who was talking to me.