Status: Updates might be slow because (I, Clara) suck at working

Caught Up In A Moment, But Not In The Right Way

Chapter Eight

General

Hannah fidgeted in her seat next to Trace, pulling down her expensive red carpet dress. They were on their way to the Teen Choice Awards.

"Hannah, if that dress is giving you so many problems, then why did you buy it?" Clara asked.

"Because it looks good," Hannah replied, finally sitting still.

"That it does," Trace smirked, eyeing the split that ran up Hannah's leg. Hannah gave Trace a dirty look.

"Jesus you two, could you stop fucking each other with your eyes for two seconds?" Mason said, getting frustrated. He relaxed when Clara put her hand on his knee.

"Sorry. Just a bit nervous," he apologized, tugging at his black bones shirt.

"Don't worry Mas," Hannah said softly. "We're going to win."

"You sound confident," he said, messing with his hat.

"Of course I am. Where's My Angel is definitely the best song from a soundtrack," she said.

"Yeah, we'll get that surf board Mason," Clara assured him.

The limo stopped.

"Well, looks like we're here. I just hope I don't pull a Britney," Hannah said as the driver opened the door. She got out carefully and strutted down the red carpet, unphased by the flashing cameras of the paparazzi.

Hannah loved being in the limelight. The photographers wanted pictures of Clara and Hannah alone, so the two of them linked arms and posed for the cameras. A reporter who was just finishing an interview with Taylor Lautner walked up to the two of them.

"Hello girls," she smiled. "I'm Giuliana Rancic."

"Hi," the two girls said in unison, smiling.

"Where are the boys?" Giuliana asked.

"Oh, they're around here somewhere," Hannah said.

"Now, you two are new to the Hollywood scene, am I right?"

"That's right," clara said.

"Well you seem to be doing just fine. I watched you two strut in here and those cameras flashing didn't seem to bother you at all."

"Hannah over here loves the spotlight," Clara said, smiling at her best friend. At that moment, Trace and Mason appeared. Trace wrapped his arm tightly around Hannah's waist.

"Hannah, are you and Trace a couple?" Giuliana asked.

"Yeah, we've been dating for a while now," Trace replied before Hannah could answer.

"Oh, how exciting. How's that going?" she asked, directing the question at Hannah.

"It's amazing, we've been having a lot of fun so far. Right babe?" He said, cutting across Hannah once again.

"I'd be having a lot more fun if you'd let me speak for myself," Hannah said, giving Trace one of her looks.

"You're right baby, I'm sorry," he said, kissing the top of her head.

"Do you two fight a lot?" Giuliana asked.

"Not really," Hannah shrugged. "I mean, we have our moments, like just now, but I wouldn't call it fighting."

"Ah, and I see your other bandmates have gotten pretty smitten as well," Giuliana said, motioning toward Mason and Clara, who were holding hands. Hannah nodded.

"Mason, Clara, come over here," she said. The two appeared beside Trace and Hannah.

"How did the foursome evolve into two twosomes?" Giuliana asked.

"We're not really sure," Trace said. "I guess sometimes these things just happen."

"Do the four of you get along on the road?"

"Most of the time," Trace said. "Sometimes after we've been on tour for a while it gets tense, but we usually get along."

"Okay, Trace," Mason said. "You're not the only one in the band dude."

"Well, I don't hear anyone else answering any questions."

"How can they? You won't be quiet for two seconds," Hannah said.

"I thought we were over that," Trace replied.

"We were, but then you did it again."

"Okay, I'm sorry," he huffed.

"Clara, I haven't really heard from you. How do you feel about the four of you pairing up?"

"It's not any different really," she said. "We're all still the same people, we're just together."

"How did you decide who dated who?" Giuliana asked. The four looked at each other, all of them thinking the same thought: What a dumb question.

"We didn't really decide. It just happened," Mason said. "Trace and Hannah are perfect for each other. She's Trace in a female body."

"The same goes for Mason and Clara really," Hannah said. "They're great together."

"Well, it was really great talking to the four of you," Giuliana grinned. She moved on to Robert Patinson and Krsiten Stewart, who had just entered.

The four of them posed for more pictures (together and separately) before they were ushered into the place where they do the awards. They took their seats and chatted excitedly as they waited for the show to start.

Jonah Hill was the host of this year's awards. He made a few jokes before the show officially started. Trace clapped enthusiastically when Miley won in almost every category she was nominated for.

"Alright, and the nominees for Best Song from a Soundtrack are: Muse with Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever) From Eclipse; Leighton Meester ft Robin Thicke with Somebody to Love from Valentine's Day; Trey Songz with Already Taken from Step Up 3; and Metro Station with Where's My Angel from Alice in Wonderland.

"And the winner is..." Katy Perry (who was announcing this particular award) said, opening the envelope. The four of them grabbed hands and waited with bated breath.

"Metro Station!" Katy said. Relief and shock flooded through the systems of the members of Metro Station. They made their way to the stage to accept their surf board.

"This is so cool," Hannah said excitedly into the microphone. "Just last year I was playing covers in my basement with this hippie over here and now we're getting an award! I just want to thank God, and my family and of course, these guys right here."

"This really is awesome," Clara said. "I want to thank all the people who voted for us and these three."

"I want to thank our producers and God, because without them, we wouldn't be here," Mason said. "And I want to thank these three, especially Hannah and Clara, for putting up with my crap."

"I just want to say that I love all our fans and I am so thankful for you guys. I want to thank my band mates, because without them I wouldn't be standing here. But most of all I want to thank God."

Trace picked up the surf board and the four of them walked off stage as music started playing. They went bacstage where the other three received sruf boards of their own.

"Why didn't you thank your family?" Trace asked. Mason, Hannah and Clara all looked at each other.

"Well, my family hasn't really been all that supportive through all this. Not even my dad, who I'm really close to," she replied. "And before you ask, I don't really believe in God. I respect people who do, though."

"How do you not believe in God?" Trace asked, sounding shocked.

"Drop it Trace, don't worry about it," Hannah muttered. He dropped it and they returned to their seats for the remainder of the show. As they left, the media was still outside, looking for good stories to put on the news the next day.

Luckily for them, Trace was willing to give them one.

"I just don't understand how you don't believe in God," Trace said as they waited for the limo.

"Trace, I told you to drop it," Hannah said sternly.

"This is between Clara and I," Trace snapped. Hannah looked at him as though he'd just smacked her in the face. He knew he'd pay for that one later.

"I used to, Trace. My mother went insane after praying so fucking much for her to get better. I've given up ever since then. Happy now?" Clara said angrily.

"Oh," Trace said, looking down. "Sorry."

"I don't know what's wrong with you Trace, but you are walking on a very thin line," Hannah said in a dangerous tone. He scowled.

"Jesus, calm down. Stop making a fucking big deal out of shit,"

He recoiled at the nasty look he received from his girlfriend.

"Stop acting like a complete dick!" she yelled. "All you've done ever since we've got here is act like an egotistical jerk and I'm sick of it! So do us all a favor and just shut up for two seconds."

"Trace, you shouldn't talk to your girlfriend like that. This was supposed to be a great day but you just want everything to be about you when it's about all of us!" Mason said.

"You're right Mas," Trace sighed. He turned to Hannah.

"I'm sorry sweetie, I shouldn't have talked to you like that," he said, hugging her. She hugged back half-heartedly, not sure yet if she was going to let him off that easy.

"It's okay, I guess. Just don't let it happen again."

The limo finally pulled up to the curb and the four got in and went home.