The New Art Teacher

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

“My first question. What is my shoe size?”

“9 1/2 “Frank answered first, echoed by at least 6 other voices.

Gerard nodded. “Question 2. What band does my wife belong to, what instrument and what is her name?”

“Mindless Self Indulgence. Bass guitar. Her name is Lindsey, but her stage name is spelt L-Y-N-Z.”

Frank again with other voices. Only about 4 now.

“One brand of anti-depressants I got hooked on?” Gerard interrogated.

“Xanax” Frank shot back.

“Combination of me and Frankie Iero?”

“Frerard” Frank replied boldly. The rest of the crowd were too busy watching our game with open mouths.

“Favourite brand of briefs?” He can’t answer this one.

“You never wear briefs.” Frank smiled triumphantly.”That was 5 questions.”

Damn! Gerard thought. He’s right. Gerard did not feel like singing without the rest of the band. He needed them as much as they needed him.

“Fine. What song?” Gerard felt cheated. Even so, Frank was a pretty knowledgeable kid. He was pretty/handsome/cute in a beautiful way as well. Like Frankie. Except Frankie was on the other side of the States and he wasn’t interested anymore, because he had Jamia.

“What song you want him to sing from The Black Parade, peoples?”

Various yells echoed around the room. The bell rang again for the beginning of Period 2, but no-one moved.

After a tense and surprisingly serious vote, Teenagers won. A MCR enthusiast had the CD in his bag, which he quickly inserted and skipped to track 11. Frank and Gerard laughed at the same time about the irony of that song considering what age group wanted it. They made eye-contact involuntarily, then looked away.

Gerard, beckoning the students to crowd around him and the desk, held up a rolled up sheaf of paper for a microphone, tapped his foot in rhythm. 1...2...3 (anacrusis)

“They’re gonna clean up your looks, with all the lies in the books, to make a citizen out of you.” His soothing voice started the teenagers to chant along.

“Because they sleep with a gun, and keep an eye on you, son, so they can watch all the things you do.” Kids who had started to file outside the classroom cheered along.

“Because the drugs never work, they’re gonna give you a smirk, cos they’ve got methods of keeping you clean.”Gerard suddenly hopped onto the desk, true rocker/karaoke style.

“They’re gonna rip off our heads, your aspirations to shreds, another cog in the murder machine!”

“THEY SAY THAT” he shouted at the jumping people around him. “TEENAGERS SCARE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME.THEY COULD CARE LESS, AS LONG AS SOMEONE WILL BLEED, SO DARKEN YOUR CLOTHES, OR STRIKE A VIOLENT POSE. MAYBE THEY LEAVE YOU ALONE BUT NOT ME.”
*~~~~~~*
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I'm really slow. I had too much Visual Art and Maths homework. Hectic XC.
R&R and any lines you want this story to follow.
Also, do you want this to be like 70 chapters or just 10?