Broken Down on Memory Lane Alone, Together Alone

Sounds good to me, luv.

”here’s your coffee Vegas,” Max set the large mug down in front of me.

I smiled and gave him a nod as a thank you, as he joined Dravin, Enzo, and I in our usual booth. We’d been meeting here everyday after our classes for a month now. I’d really lucked out on my first day and made friends with some of the nicest people I’d ever met. Though, with Dravin I wished it were a little more then just friends. And sometimes it seemed like he felt the same, but others it didn’t. It was quite confusing. And I wasn’t going to risk our new friendship to see if he liked me. I could deal with ‘just friends’.

We all conversed about what was happening in the news, gossiped a little, and joked around. Max had to write a paper so he was the first to leave. And Enzo apparently had a hot date that he had to get ready for, so he wasn’t too far behind Max. Which left Dravin and I.

“Now what are we gonna do?” I sighed dramatically, “without Max here to crack jokes, and Enzo to make suggestive comments to almost every girl who walks by him, there’s nothing entertaining.”

Dravin chuckled, “I’m not good enough company then, am I?”

I practically melted from the smirk he was giving me, “I didn’t say that, now did I?”

He chuckled again as he placed a cigarette between his lips, lit it, and took a drag. I could feel my heartbeat start to race, as the butterflies started up in my stomach. If this man got any sexier I would probably drop dead on the spot.

He exhaled, that smirk still on his gorgeous face, “no, but you implied it.”

I just smiled and shrugged, as I finished my coffee, “alright then, Mr entrainment, entertain me.”

He looked around the room thoughtfully for a moment, before looking back at me, “you know luv? You’re right. This place is rather dull with out our terror twins. Why don’t we go to my place and watch a movie or something?”

I felt the butterflies start up in my stomach at the prospect of being alone with him, “sounds like a plan to me.”

Dravin stood up and offered his hand to me. I smiled and took it as I got to my feet. I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder, as we made our way out of the shop. We barely made it five steps when it started to spit rain. It had been a rather sombre day, so the fact that it was raining wasn’t so surprising. But when it started to pour we weren’t exactly ready for it.

“Well that certainly was unpleasant,” Dravin sighed as he practically peeled his wet sweater off of his body, “I’m drenched right trough.”

“I’m not much better off,” I shivered as I too took off my sweater. I wasn’t prepared for the rain whatsoever.

Dravin turned his dark eyes towards me, before walking off, “I’ll get you some dry clothes, wait right there luv.”

I took off my drenched sneakers as I waited for Dravin to return, which only took a few seconds. He handed me a flannel button up shirt and what appeared to be silk boxers. I took them gratefully, as he led me to the bathroom to change. I changed quickly into Dravins very comfy clothes and made my way out into the living room.

My breath hitched in my throat and my heart started to beat out of my chest. This day was certainly full of surprises, first the rain, then Dravin casually sitting on his couch clad in nothing but short shorts. He was flipping through the channels on his TV and puffing on a smoke, looking completely amazing while doing so. I could feel my face start to flush at all the ideas of things I could have done to him at that moment started to run through my mind.

I walked over to the couch and took a seat by him, staring at the TV the entire time. I didn’t want him to think I was becoming some creepy weirdo who stared at people. Though, there was almost nothing I wanted more then to ogle at him.

“I take it the clothes are okay?” his smooth voice sounded from beside me.

I nodded, “yup, found anything decent to watch yet?”

“The Last Man On Earth,” he blew a smoke ring, “but I wasn’t quite sure if you’d want to watch it.”

I grinned, “Are you kidding? I love horror movies, especially if they have Vincent Price in them!”

He chuckled as he flipped it back to the channel the movie was on, “I’ll keep that in mind.”

I leaned back against the couch and pulled my legs up, crossing them Indian style. I was trying to will my heartbeat to slow down by concentrating on the movie. But Dravin, though oblivious to my dilemma, was having none of it. His arm snaked its way across my lower back and didn’t stop until his hand was resting on my hip.

The simplest of his touches was setting my skin on fire. I just couldn’t understand it. Why was this one boy sending my head in circles, and making my poor heart skip beats? There was no question about how completely smitten I was with Dravin. And the fact that he was pulling me closer to him wasn’t helping to set my mind or heart at ease.

I couldn’t stop myself from resting my head against his shoulder. He didn’t seem to mind being close, so I didn’t think he would be put off by it. And he wasn’t. He simply rested his head against mine, as we continued to watch the movie in comfortable silence.

“Rainn?” he asked, sounding rather confident, like he’d just decided something.

“Yeah?”

“Would you like to go steady with me?”

My stomach practically jumped out of my mouth. I couldn’t believe what I just heard. I looked up at him to see if he was giving off any signs that he was joking. He wasn’t. his confident look was slowly fading into a worried one.

“I’d love to.”

He grinned from ear to ear, causing his scar to make it look like he had a large dimple on his right cheek, “does tomorrow sound like a good time for our first date?”

I had to think for a moment before nodding my head, “you can come get me after work.”

“Sounds good to me, luv.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to BlisterInTheSun and Spider’s Wine for commenting!

I’m so sorry it’s taken so long for me to get this out! Schoolwork’s been piling up and I haven’t had much time to write :/ I’ll try to get another chapter up soon!

On another note, I’ve started to change all my Def Leppard fics to stories about the guys in Fright Night. So if anyone’s interested in reading a story about Steven(the singer) then click here.