Girl I Know

Chapter 1

It was early on Sunday morning and the sun had yet to rise. The guys had agreed to leave as soon as day broke so they could get an early start on getting to their first venue. Everyone was awake, and saying their goodbyes. Some never went to sleep the night before. Namely, Brian and Stormy, but there was one, who got a head start above every one else.

Dear Mom and Dad,

Don’t worry; this is not a letter to tell you that I am running away. I am just going to visit some of my friends from school in San Fran. I said my goodbyes last night and I promise I will call when I get there. I didn’t want to tell you yesterday when everyone was sad, but I’ll be back before you know it. I promise.

Love you both!
Xo
Melody.


“If I wasn’t due on that bus in 10 minutes I would be on my way to the airport to strangle her right now” Brian said.

“Don’t be angry when you leave me” Stormy pouted. “I promise if she doesn’t call by noon I will go out and drag her back myself.”

“Ok, but when the tour is over and I come home I am putting bars on her windows”

“Ok” she nodded in agreement “now kiss me” she puckered her lips and he laughed before kissing her goodbye.

Little did anyone know that somewhere in the back of the bus hiding under one of the bunks was a sleeping beauty. She’d climbed out her bedroom window and snuck onto the bus before anyone else was awake. She begged her father to let her go on tour with them, but he said no time and again.

Melody was determined though and like her father, when she wanted something she got it. She had told her father when she was 16 that she was going to design fashion for rock bands and he told her he wouldn’t allow it. Then again he also told her she couldn’t go to art school to hone her craft, but she went anyway. So, in true Melody fashion when she asked if she could go on tour and daddy said no…she went anyway.

There were two buses, one for Avenged and one for Blade and Lyric’s band, Fiction. It was unknown to her which bus she had sneaked onto, but for her sake, she’d better hope it wasn’t her father’s.

Melody woke with a start as the bus started rolling and listened for any sound of voices. She had to use the bathroom and was cursing herself for falling asleep. She had no idea how long she was going to be stuck under that bunk now.

The footsteps she heard getting closer to the bunk were making her nervous, even more so when they stopped at the bunk where she was hiding underneath.

“Please don’t be my dad” she prayed silently to herself as whoever it was stood there claiming his bed for the next two months. She lifted the skirt on the bottom of the bunk and peeked out, but still couldn’t make out who it was just by the shoes.

She hadn’t expected what happened next. A suitcase was shoved under the bunk and right into her stomach.

“OUCH!” she yelled so loud it was hard for him not to hear her.