Girl I Know

Chapter 19

Dante and Melody had started dating exclusively and things seemed to be going really well. Although over the next month Melody’s family started seeing less and less of her. When the day had finally arrived for Brian to show up in court, she showed up to support her father along with Matt.

Brian sat there in the courthouse stone faced. The ditzy blond bimbo sat at the table on the other side of the courtroom snapping her gum and smiling at Brian like he was her boyfriend. If she weren’t pregnant, Melody would have got up and smacked her.

The judge had ruled that a test would need to be done to establish paternity before any money would be awarded and they would have to appear in court again in one month’s time to read the results and establish the monetary payout.

Matt had taken Brian and Melody out to a local diner for lunch after the hearing. While Matt went to use the men’s room, Brian took the opportunity to ask about Stormy.

“I don’t even know who she is anymore, Dad. She’s lost so much weight and she drinks like a fish. I don’t think she’s even left her apartment since Vegas.” That made him feel even more like shit. Over the last month he’d actually managed to straighten himself out in the hopes of making things right with her. Knowing that she’d gone down hill was the last thing he expected to hear from his daughter.

“What about you, Melody?”

“What about me?” she asked her father not knowing what he was getting at.

“Where have you been? No one has seen you around since you started dating Dante.”

“I’ve just been busy with my clothing line. It’s not because of Dante” she didn’t raise her voice and she didn’t speak in a disrespectful tone not wanting to ruffle her father’s feathers any more.

When Matt came back Brian excused himself to go outside and have a cigarette. He left Matt and Melody by themselves to chat.

“So, Sydney never got your R.S.V.P. for Lyric’s wedding”

“I’ll be there, I just keep forgetting to call and let her know.”

“What’s going on, Melody?” he asked clasping his hands together and setting them on the table.

“Nothing. Why is everyone asking me that?”

“Seven told me when you two went shopping last week that you had an ace bandage on your hand and wrist.”

Melody rolled her eyes. “And like I told Seven, it’s carpal tunnel from all of the sewing I have been doing.”

“Ok, fine. I’ll take your word for it this time.” Melody shook her head and rolled her eyes again thinking back to the day….

I had just got home from dropping off more shirts at the clothing store on the boulevard that had offered to sell them for a trial run. The were selling pretty quickly and the store had asked for an additional order. It was hard to keep up, but I managed to do it by forgoing sleep. Eventually, I was going to have to consider hiring someone to help me.
I turned the key in the lock of the house and when the door opened I walked inside and threw my purse on the chair. I knew I was already late for my date with Dante and hopefully he would wait a little longer while I showered and got ready. When I walked through the living room on my way to the bedroom I saw him out of the corner of my eye standing on my deck. So, I walked over to the sliding doors and slid the door to the side.
When I stepped out I could all ready tell he was mad.

“Where were you?” he asked with his arms folded across his chest. I couldn’t see his eyes through his mirrored sunglasses, but I could certainly feel them on me.

“I know I’m late, I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you” and that is when he grabbed my wrist.

“I asked you where you were,” he said through gritted teeth as he squeezed my wrist even harder.

“You’re hurting me, Dante”

“WHERE WERE YOU!” he shouted

“I was dropping off shirts at Krash & Karry”

He shoved my arm away and I stumbled back a little nearly losing my balance. “Hurry up and get ready. I don’t have all day”

I nodded and rubbed my arm as I walked into the house and headed for my bedroom


“Earth to Melody” Brian snapped his fingers in front of his daughter’s face.

“Huh?”

“The waitress is waiting to take your order”

“Oh sorry, I’ll have a grilled cheese and fries”

When the waitress brought there order they all ate and made small talk. Brian didn’t seem the least bit worried about the paternity test results. Either that or he was just trying to hold it together in front of his daughter. When they all finished eating Matt and Brian dropped Melody off at her place and when she got out of the car, Brian got out and hugged his daughter.

“So, do I have to make an appointment with little miss clothing designer to come and see her new place?” he asked.

“No” she smiled. “You’re welcome here anytime, Dad.”

“I will stop by then” he smirked and she laughed and punched his arm lightly.

“Bye dad” she hugged him again and waived to Matt who waived back at her as Brian got in the car.

Matt drove off and headed straight to the hospital with Brian so he could go give a DNA sample. Melody walked into her apartment and sat down on the couch and turned on the television. She had just started to nod off when her doorbell rang. After groaning she got up off the couch and went to answer the door.

“Hi” Dante smiled and kissed her cheek.

“Hi” she held the door open so he could walk in.

“These are for you” he handed her some flowers that he got at the local florist.

“Thank you” she smiled. “What’s the occasion?”

“Do I need an occasion to bring my girl flowers”?

“No, I suppose not, but I’m warning you. I could get used to this,” she teased. “I’ll be right back, I’m going to go put these in some water”

He nodded and sat down on the couch. When she walked back into the room she sat down on the couch beside him.

“Want to go see a movie?”

“No, I’m kinda tired, I was just going to stay in tonight” she answered hoping he wouldn’t get upset with her.

“Ok. Want some company?”

“Sure” she smiled, but she really just wanted to take a nap.

“How’d it go with your dad?” he asked stretching his arm behind him and resting it on the back of the couch.

“Don’t know yet. The judge ordered a paternity test to prove he is the father, so he has to go back to court in a month”

He nodded. “Guess he’s pretty upset then”

“No, he’s actually taking it well”

She yawned and he looked over at her “Am I keeping you awake?”

“Sorry, I haven’t been getting much sleep lately”

“I see. Well, maybe you should give up the clothing line for a while”

“No way!”

“Why do you need a career anyway? Your father is Synyster Gates, you never have to work if you don’t want to”

“I’m not going to live off my fathers money, Dante and I want a career of my own”

“Fine. Whatever. Would be nice if you actually had some time for your boyfriend though”

She huffed and got up off the couch. “You can sit here and whine by yourself. I’m going to take a nap.” She walked into the bedroom and shut the door, but he wasn’t going to sit there and let her have the last word. He cracked his knuckles before getting up off the couch and following her into her bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
More updates with Blade soon.
Still to come...
Lyric and Jonnie's wedding.
Someone commits murder and it isnt Johnny (LOL)
Stormy does something selfless
and I still love me some Matt :)