Girl I Know

Chapter 34

“What are you doing?” Matt asked as he walked into the bedroom and approached his wife who was sitting on the floor in the middle of the room. “I’m looking at photographs” she smiled as she looked up from the book. He walked behind her and sat down so he could look over her shoulders at the photos she had kept over the years.

“Remember this one?” She pointed to a photo of him sitting there pissed off after she’d poured a cup of coffee over his head. “Yes, that was in the old house when you first came.” He nodded. “I loved you from the first moment I saw you.”

“No you didn’t!” Sydney giggled as Matt’s arms came around her waist. “You wanted to strangle me!” She protested.

“Yes, I did.” He nodded. “Ok, so maybe it wasn’t from the moment I saw you, maybe it was from the second moment I saw you.” He said making her laugh uncontrollably again.
As she turned the page of the photo album, his eyes followed the page to the next photo.

“That was when Jonnie Lou was born.” She said tracing her finger over the photo of Johnny holding his daughter. He was so happy and so sad all at the same time. “And now our lil Jonnie Lou is our daughter in law.” Matt noted. “Yes, that lil girl was in love with you when she was little and you are still her favorite man. Can you believe she was on the cover of Rolling Stone this month?”Sydney asked and kissed her husband’s cheek. "Yes, I can. She gave me the first copy!" He smiled

The next photo was Jimmy and Matt lying on the floor covered in wedding cake. Sydney laughed hysterically as she laced her fingers with her husbands. “Legend and Seven were so upset with you and Jimmy that day, but our baby girl made a beautiful bride. “Now she’s having a baby of her own.” Sydney wiped a happy tear from her cheek as her husband pressed his lips to the top of her head.

Matt reached for the next page and turned it over. It was a photo of Zacky the day he came running through the door to let everyone know that Aubrey was in remission. “That was a sweet day.” She smiled. “Yeah”, Matt nodded. “Who’d have thought, that our sons would have the number one record in the country?” He asked. “Me, I never doubted their talent!” Sydney couldn’t have been more proud.

Sydney leaned back against Matt’s chest as she turned the next page. It was a photo of Brian. All you could see was his back as he stood in the middle of the street watching a car drive off in the distance. On the back of the car were the words, “Just Married.” Sydney sighed as she knew the pain behind it. “Melody was such a beautiful bride.” Matt looked at the photo and then at his wife. “Why is Brian’s back to the camera?” he asked. She smiled and turned the page. “Because he was crying and didn’t want anyone to see.”

The last photo was a group shot in the back yard. The whole “Family” was there. Through it all, they’ve always been there. “I love you.” Matt whispered in his wife’s ear.

Sydney turned to face her husband and smiled. “I love you too.”

When Sydney came into his life, she became His life. Over time, the family grew and through all the trials and tribulations that they all had to face, not once did they turn their backs on their family. “foREVer,” she whispered as her husband held her in a loving embrace just before kissing her passionately.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's the end. Anything in bold tells where they kids are now.

Majesty Castle