Girl I Know

Chapter 33

In the weeks that followed Matt’s trial, Stormy and Brian had gone off to Vegas and remarried. Everyone agreed that it was best for the entire family to take a break from the band for a while and focus on their individual relationships.

Brian and Stormy weren’t the only ones that were getting a second chance……

“What are you doing and don’t you ever use the door?” Melody asked from her bed as she focused her eyes on Blade.

“Where’s the fun in that? Besides, I kind of like pissing off your father” he said as he climbed through the window.

Melody shook her head and set her water bottle down on the end table. “So, to what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?”

His face had a boyish grin as he walked over and sat down on her bed. After stretching his legs out in front of him and leaning back on the headboard he turned his head to look at her. “I need a reason to come see you?”

She nodded. “I suppose after everything that’s happened, yes, you do”

“Fair enough” he said and looked down at his legs. “I miss you Mel.” When he looked back at her, it was she who was now looking down at her own legs.

“I don’t know what to say to that.” She shook her head before looking back at him. “I want to tell you that I miss you too, but I don’t want to do this to myself again. I don’t want to put my feelings in your hands so you can play with them”

“Do you still love me?” he asked eyeing her curiously.

“I never stopped.” She admitted.

He moved his hand and placed it on top of hers. “I love you and I’m tired of playing games and messing around. I don’t want anyone else.”

When she looked at him he didn’t give her a chance to say anything. He kissed her, it was soft and gentle and she couldn’t help herself, she kissed him back. “Tell me you didn’t feel something”

“Ok, so maybe I did.” She shrugged.

“Maybe?” he questioned with his eyebrow raised. “Maybe I should do it again” she was about to protest, but his lips got to her first.

“Now?”

“Ok, fine you win!” She gave in, but he could see it all over her face that she was still unsure.

“You know as well as I do, that we’re meant to be.”

“Blade..I don't want to rush…” she didn’t get to finish.

“So, we’ll take it slow. Hell, I’ll even use the door if you want me to.” She had to laugh, but he cut off her laughter with another kiss.

“BAKER!!” he pulled back from her lips at the familiar sound of his name echoing from another room.

“You better go” Melody was nervous as she urged him to leave.

He shook his head and stood up. “No, enough of this.” If she wasn’t in a cast, she would have got up off the bed and stopped him, but all she could do was watch as he walked over to her bedroom door.

Blade opened her bedroom door and at the top of his lungs, he yelled back. “HANER!!”

Melody’s eyes grew wide as she covered her mouth. No one had ever dared stand up to her father before.

Brian made it to her doorway as quick as lighting. Sure enough he was playing with a gun, but Blade wasn’t giving in that easy.

“Give me that!” he said snatching the gun from Brian’s hand. “Don’t you think you’re a little old to be playing with guns? Grow up! You wouldn’t dare use a gun on me and I’m not dumb enough to believe you would either.”

Brian raised his eyebrow and stepped closer to Blade. He was about to speak, but Blade pointed a finger in his face. “NO! You had your say, now I’m having mine. You see that girl over there?” he said pointing at Melody. “I love her and nothing you can say or do will change that. So, you better get used to it, get over it and back the fuck off because one day, I’m going to marry her and YOU are going to be stuck with ME for the rest of your fucking life!”

Stormy appeared in the doorway and grabbed Brian’s arm, but Blade wasn’t finished.
“You listen to me! She’s 18 years old, not 5 and you may be her father and I will respect that, but you will respect me too. I’m not a damn dirt bag. I’m just as successful as you are and I can give her the world if I want to. If you want to try and stop me, go ahead, but I warn you, you’ll be in for the fight of your life. I love her. Do you understand that, HANER?”

Brian couldn’t find the words to answer Blades little rant.

Stormy put her arms around Brian’s waist. “The stripper pole is waiting,” she whispered in his ear. He turned to face his wife who was looking at him with lust filled eyes. “Leave them alone” she said softly and he started walking with her, but stopped to look at his daughter before he left.

“I love you, dad” she said sincerely and he nodded. “I love you too”

He turned his head back to glare at Blade one last time before walking out of the room with his wife.

Melody watched as Blade was walking over to her. He leaned forward onto the bed. “As for you, like I said, I love you and I am going to leave now, but I’ll be back tomorrow and your lips better be ready”

“uh..um..ok” she nodded at his new found sense of control.

She sat there stunned as she watched the man who had just stuck up to her father and professed his love for her climbed out her bedroom window.