Girl I Know

Chapter 8

Melody…

Just as I closed my eyes to try and fall asleep, I opened them again at the sound of his voice.

“Hey you” he said softly to me and moved closer so that I could feel him behind me. Part of me was afraid to turn around, afraid that I would lose it again. That is not Legend, the person who was my quiet source of comfort the last few days.

“Melody” he whispered my name and I couldn’t ignore it anymore. I turned around so that I was facing him. He was so close we were sharing the same pillow.

Even though it was dark, I could still make out the features of his face. He was looking at me as if trying to read my thoughts.

When his hand moved up to my face, I felt as though my skin was on fire. I assumed it was just me blushing, but when his thumb started to caress my cheek it felt so good, so relaxing that I just closed my eyes again and let him.

“Are you ok?” he asked and I didn’t know why he was concerned all of a sudden, but it really didn’t matter to me, he was there and that is what did matter.

“no” I spoke the truth when I answered him. I was falling apart on the inside and no matter how hard I tried to hide it, I couldn’t. I heard him take in a breath before he turned over on to his back.

“Come closer,” he said and I lifted my head off the pillow and moved over so that I was nestled in the crook of his arm with my head resting on his shoulder. His arm, the one that was behind me moved and he rested his hand on my hip, while his other hand went back to my face. Again, I closed my eyes at the comfort of his touch.

My arm rested across his bare chest, but I moved it away when he lifted up a little bit to grab the covers and pull them up over us. I felt a headache coming as they usually did when I cried too much, so I tried to close my eyes again, but I couldn’t fall asleep. Too many thoughts were running through my head at that moment coupled with the fact that the man I am madly in love with is lying in my bead holding me right now.

“What’s wrong?” he asked when I shifted a little.

“Charlie” I whispered on the verge of tears again.

He sighed and lifted my chin with his thumb so that I was looking up at him. “She’s just an old friend, one who means nothing to me.”

I lowered my face back down not sure if I should believe what he was telling me. This was Blade after all. He was practically a younger version of my womanizing father. His thumb found my chin again and again he lifted my face so that it met his. “You, on the other hand, mean everything to me.”

“What?” ok I wasn’t expecting to hear that especially since he told me that the band was the most important thing in his life. Maybe that was just his way of trying to run away from his true feelings.

“Do you love me, Melody?” wow he was two for two. Of course I loved him, I did all, but shout it from the fricken top of a mountain.

“Yes” I nodded.

“Tell me”

“I love you, Blade,” I whispered once again on the verge of tears. Trust wasn’t something I was good at and if he were baiting me right now for a big let down again he would be missing his balls by morning. Dear God, he’s going to kiss me, I screamed on the inside when his face started to close in on mine. He took my bottom lip in between his and it was all I could do not to jump on him right there, especially since he was being so sweet and so gentle right now. He didn’t move his lips away from mine for a while and that was fine with me. This wasn’t the kind of kiss that I was used to with Blade. Normally, when he snuck into my room at night to steal a kiss, it was the kind of kiss you would give a family member and now I have his tongue in my mouth. I like this way better.

Regrettably, I was the one that ended up breaking the kiss.

“What’s wrong?” his voice was still as soft as it was when he got here.

“Nothing, I needed to breathe” which was the truth and it made him laugh. He hugged me tight and kissed the top of my head.

“Get some sleep” he whispered against my head. A you fricken kidding me?

“What?” I asked confused as I looked back up at him.

He laughed lightly again. “Mel, do you really want the first time we have sex to be in the back of a tour bus?”

“no” my mouth said no, but my mind was screaming Fuck yes! Right now! Get Naked!

“Well, I can wait a little longer if you can”

“ok” I tried not to sound disappointed, but when I heard his low chuckle I guess he got the picture. Granted, I wanted him so badly and always have; it baffled me that he was being so considerate to me. I love him even more now then I ever did.

“Blade?”

“Yes?”

“Please tell me this isn’t a dream. Please” my voice cracked as I got the last word out and the bed shifted. His lips found mine again and when he kissed me I touched his cheek with my hand and felt him smile against my lips.

“Did that feel like a dream?” he whispered

“It felt like heaven” I was in such a daze right then, I swear every time he kissed me I felt like I was getting drunk.

“Go to sleep” he whispered again and I nuzzled my face in his neck and closed my eyes.