Status: Completed.

Savin' Me.

Waking Up.

1 month after the accident.

Thing have got rather hectic. Everyone was bummed about Cameron, but the bright side of things was that the court decided to keep Tony in jail for safe keeping. Travis has been down and spent most of his free time in the hospital.

His relationship with Sherri has gone from bad to worse. And before he found out that she was off with someone else he decided to break it off. It was harder than he thought. Getting it over with was easy and all since he didn’t have any more feelings for her, but what happened after was damned hard. There was hell a lot of screaming breaking and various other harmful actions that Sherri let loose.

But after all and with a little help from Greg and Andy, Sherrie left. The house seemed a bit more relaxed, but the sadness that has overtaken everyone was still there.

Today started like any other recent day. Travis got up and out of his massive bed, pulled on some clothes, went down to eat a bit, literally, and then got in the car and went to the hospital.

The hospital. It was the place that was a second home to the Peyton family at the moment. Mark has never left it with his parents, while Audrina only left because of her kids and to keep the new out of the public. The media picked up anyway. All kinds of ridiculous ideas were posted on various blogs and websites and the stupidest of articles were published. The Jackass guys did a protest and another MTV 24 hour take over to shut them up with not much success.

Travis locked up his empty house and got in the car and took way to the hospital. It was a long and quiet drive. All he wished for was to get Cameron up. Everything seemed so slow and boring and sad without her around.

>

Mark left Cameron’s room for a much needed coffee. He had not slept for a very long time. He gulped down the sour liquid and threw it in the trash, before making his way back to his still unconscious sister.

She was moved to a regular room a week back. Her bruises and cuts and other wounds were starting to heal and were barely visible now. Her usually pale face was even paler, almost transparent like giving her a scary ghost like look.

Mark opened the door quietly trying not to cause any noise and wake her up. He smiled as he saw Travis at the foot of Cameron’s bed. Travis always came to visit. He would have stayed but Mark didn’t let him with filming just around the corner.

“Mark.” Travis said as a greeting not taking his eyes of Cameron.

“Hey.” Mark said. His voice was low and raspy.

“Any change?”

“No…” Mark said turning around. “One sec. The doctor wants to talk to me I think.” and with that he left the room. Travis watched as the two argued outside. Travis burrowed his eyebrows together. Mark was usually normal around doctors, but now he was ragging. He moved closer to the door to see if he could get any words out of the argument.

“If she doesn’t wake up I suggest putting her to sleep!” the doctor said with a sad tone in his voice. Travis spun around pretending he did not just hear that. He slumped down in the chair beside Cameron. This was not happening. This was definitely not happening.

He held her hand and gave her an encouraging squeeze, as if trying to urge her to wake up. No sign of life. Travis was about to let go of her hand when he noticed he couldn’t. He looked at Cameron slowly, hoping that this was reality and not a dream.

“Doc!” he yelled, and Mark and the Doctor ran into the room.

>

A throbbing pain, starting from the side of her head, something like migraine but a hundred times worse, travelled down her body. She opened her eyes and saw a doctor, her brother and Travis. She jolted up right and screamed up in agony. Her spine felt like it has been ripped out of her back, broken into and smashed to little pieces before being chucked back in her back. The doctor pushed her down quickly.

“Miss Peyton it’s good to have you back.” The doctor said.

“Can’t deny you have the greatest timing sis.” Mark said shooting a death glare at the doctor.

“... I…. Wh… Who are you?” she stuttered, looking at the three men in front of her confused and scared.