Status: Completed.

Savin' Me.

Count me in.

“Amnesia?” Mark asked worried as the three of the piled out the room.

“No. There was no damage on her x-rays. We’ll do another round but I think after a while she’ll be fine.” The doctor said looking through her clipboard. “This is very common with people who suffered something to the head. I’d give it a year at the most and she’ll remember everything.”

“A year?!” Travis and Mark yelled pissed. Travis just wanted to bash the doctor’s head.

“Yes.” he said before walking away.

Travis and Mark called everyone over to inform them about Cameron’s memory loss and the fact that she is indeed awake. Everyone was happy that she’s back, and in no time the hallways were filled with people buzzing with excitement. They all had balloons that had ‘Welcome back dipshit.’ and ‘See what drugs do?’ signs on them. The hospital’s staff was pissed as they tried to keep the media out of the building.

“All right everyone!” Mark yelled stepping on a chair. Everyone shut up. “As you all know she doesn’t remember anything, so we gotta help her get her memory back. So just tell her all kinds of old memories and the Doc said it will come to her.”

“Like in that Resident Evil movie?” Novak asked.

“Yes Dumbshit.” Bam said smacking his head with the bouquet of white lilies he was holding. Mark boom of laughter filled the hallway as he jumped down and walked inside the room. They had already told her who she was and who Mark and Travis is. She also knew what was going on with her brain and what happened.

“Hey sis. I promised to bring you all your friends, so here they are.” Mark said taking a seat at the foot of her bed.

“Oh… Okay. I need names now” Cameron laughed sitting up slightly. She scanned the room trying to find some familiar face. Her eyes got stuck on two people. Quiet tall and they were both tattooed. The one with the short dark curls had some stunning blue eyes. The one standing next to him, she didn’t know why she got stuck on him.

“Do you know who they are?” Mark asked cautiously. The room suddenly fell into silence.

“The one with the blue eyes… he married to her right?” She asked pointing at Missy on the other end of the room. Every started smiling as they nodded. “And… you’re… Sam?” Cam asked concentrating hard.

“Bam.” Bam corrected her with a grin. Cam smiled and looked down at her arms. It was covered in heroin tracks. She sighed and looked up at the guy standing next to Bam.

“You were on drugs once? Right?” Cam asked him. He smiled and nodded.

“I am your drug buddy.” He said hugging Cameron. She giggled

“Well… that’s good to know.” she said. “Okay. I can’t remember anything else now. I’m afraid if I try my head will explode. So bring on the stories dipshits.”

They all laughed and sat down wherever, and started to tell the stupidest, most dangerous and most of all funniest stories that they can remember spending with Cameron.

It was about 12 pm when people started to leave. Mark was forced to leave by Cam after she realized that he was by her side all along and had hardly slept. Everyone was glad to witness yet another Cam/Mark argument. They sure did miss it.

Travis and the Nitro crew decided to stay for a little bit longer. They convinced her that she did indeed win X-games and all. Travis stayed there last.

“So what happened to this girlfriend of yours?” Cam asked.

“I broke up with her. I realized she isn’t the one for me.” Travis said with a yawn.

“Go home Travis. You’re exhausted.” Cameron laughed.

“No. I miss talking to you!” He said leaning forward a bit.

“Fine.” Cameron said giving in. She remember that winning an argument against Travis is the next thing behind Impossible.

“I actually need to ask you something important.”

“Shoot.”

“Do you remember anything about Tony?” Travis blurted out. He couldn’t help himself. He needed to know the truth. There was a silence between them before Cameron snapped her eyes away from the wall and looked at Travis.

“Oh shit.” She grumbled. She had remembered everything. The party after x-games, Travis throwing up and she hitting the sack just before Tony and the crash came along. The tears came pouring as she sobbed quietly on Travis’ shoulder.

Travis kicked himself in the balls a hundred times and twice more! He should have known this would happen! But he was way to curious and had to push it. “He told you didn’t he?”

“Yes… but… I need to hear your side of the story too.” Travis said not letting go of her.

“Are you sure?” Cam asked.

“Positive.”

“I just got into college. I was scared. I didn’t know anybody and felt lonely. I was open to any type of friendship. That’s how I met Tony. He and his friend Jason were just sitting near the fountain talking. That when he called me over. He looked hot back then, so I acted like a naïve teenage little girl and walked over to them without hesitation. I hate to admit it but he had me around his finger. I did everything he said, because if I didn’t he threatened to break up with me. I realized after about 3 years…” Travis stopped her.

“You mean 3 months.” he said. Cam thought for a little and then shook her head.

“I wish Trav. So after about three years I was about to break up with him. I went to the usual hang out where we got high and did all kinds of nasty shit. His friends Jason was there too. I asked to speak with him in private but he refused. So I just told him that it was over. He didn’t take the news well and didn’t let me go. I had to shoot up just like always. I remember going along with everything in hopes of trying to get outta there. It didn’t work. I handed Jason the last pouch of cocaine we had. And that was the last one he had too… he died. And I ran. I spent three months away and once I came back Tony had a new threat. He’d tell that I killed Jason.”

“It’s going to be okay Cam. Just don’t worry.” Travis said. “Do you want me to stay the night?”

“Yeah… that’d be nice.” Cam smiled wiping her tears away. Travis kicked his shoes of and climbed in beside Cameron. He pulled the cover up and she snuggled closer to him.

“Good to have you back Cam.” Travis said closing his eyes.

“Good to be back Pastrana.”

“Filming is just around the corner and Special would’ve been bummed if you wouldn’t be his partner in stupidity.” Travis laughed a little.

“I don’t get it.” Cam said confused.

“It’s pretty simple actually. We want you to be in our crew.”

“Are you serious?!” Cam asked excited. This was like a dream come true.

“Yes. Everyone would be glad to have you. Now that Sherri’s gone …”

“You talk way too much. I’d love to. Count me in.” Cam said wrapping her arms around Travis. He chuckled and closed his eyes falling asleep.

Cam was awake for a few more hours trying to enjoy every moment from this situation. It was like a piece of heaven. She wanted this moment to last forever with Travis. But it wasn’t going to since she fell asleep.