Status: Completed.

Savin' Me.

You look... Hot.

The next day Travis woke up to the sound of an engine outside. He stretched and got out the bed slowly and quietly trying not to wake Sherri up. Tip toeing out the room, he trotted down the stairs and walked out to the balcony from the kitchen. He smiled seeing a pink bike at the freestyle course. From where he was standing Cameron seemed like she already perfected most the tricks she needed to, but she was still out there practicing. Cameron was the last one to come inside and the first one to be out there practicing. She was devoted alright.

He let his mind wander what the Nitro Circus crew would do with her in it as well. One thing for sure, she will definitely be like Greg. Just trying everything before everyone. He chuckled to himself as she fell and got back on the bike in an instant. That is just how she was. Not caring for her safety. She just wanted to have fun, fun and more fun.

Jolene walked out to the balcony and saw Travis leaned on the railing watching the bike on the freestyle course. She smiled to herself seeing Cameron flying around. Looking at Travis she saw that he was in some sort of trance, just staring off into the distance.

“What ya thinking about?” she asked him leaning down on the railing too.

“I don’t know. Just imagined Cameron joining us. She’ll get along great with Greg.” he chuckled.

“Naa… I think they’d kill each other.” Jolene laughed. Travis turned his attention to her and raised an eyebrow. “They won’t be able to stop betting and saying who can do the harder and more stupid stuff. But I have to admit that would be frikkin awesome!”

“Ha… they would kill each other. That would actually be funny to watch..” Travis agreed turning his attention back to Cameron practicing.

“Travis…” Jolene said in a warning tone. “What are you thinking?”

“Joe.” he said mocking her tone and looking at her. “I’m always thinking something.” he said drumming on the railing before going back inside. Jolene grinned and walked down the stairs.

Cameron landed her Hart attack in front of her. She stopped the bike and pulled her helmet off giving her a wide smile.

“Joe! How are you feeling?” Cameron asked getting of the bike and holding it.

“Drugged. I took some pain killers and feel all woozy.”Jolene laughed.

“And yet, you’re still just riding around in golf carts. I totally know the drugged feeling.”

“Yeah. Pain killers suck.” Jolene yawned.

“There is worse than those.” Cameron laughed, resting the bike against the golf cart and taking a seat next to Jolene.

“... What?” Jolene asked lost.

“There are worse drugs trust me.” Cameron laughed at her reaction. She felt it was time to tell Jolene about her addiction before.

“Well of course there are worse… but… did you like…”

“Yeah… I was a user.” Cameron said rolling up the sleeve of her long sleeved shirt. “I still have one track mark left. But the other went away when I stopped shooting up. I highly doubt this will disappear though.”

Jolene just gawked at the 3 cm diameter reddish scar that was on her arm. Cameron is always happy, fun and seems very, very glad with life and with what she has. Jolene thought about it a little more and figured out that is like that because she had learned how precious life was after using. Even though she risked losing her life a bunch of times with the bet and thing, but after all herself and all the others did that too. “I hope you won’t look at me differently because of this.” Cameron said sheepishly.

“What?! What?! No!!! I don’t mind at all! That is what make you you today!” Jolene yelled. “I’m actually proud you over came heroin.”

“Ecstasy and cocaine as well.”Cameron admitted everything now.

“Wow. Triple proud then.” Jolene laughed giving Cameron a hug.

“Just don’t tell the others yet… still need time.” Cameron said.

“I’ll keep my mouth shut.” Jolene smiled pulling an air zipper across her lips. Cameron laughed and then got up, getting the bike again.

“Wanna time me?” Cameron asked cocking her head towards the SX track in the woods.

“Sure!” Jolene said gladly grabbing her iPhone and starting the cart.

“Do you think if I ask the guys to race they’ll come?”

“Hell yeah! They’re like frikkin in love with you! They really like!”

“But they only known me for a few day only!” Cameron laughed shaking her head.

“You’re cool and you’re very open. It’s like we’ve all known you for ten years or something!” Jolene laughed driving away.

“I’m glad to hear that!”Cameron yelled after her happily and hopped on the bike kick starting it. She turned back towards the house to get the guys out to race. The idea of actually practicing with everyone got her pumped. She stopped the bike and ran inside happily.

Travis was about to go outside when something ran into him with a huge force, kicking him over. He looked down to see what the source was and smiled seeing Cameron.

“Well good morning.” she said a bit ashamed. Travis stood up helping, Cameron up too.

“It is good right. Thanks for making everyone food again.” Travis said gratefully.

“You’re welcome. Um… I was just wondering if some of the guys wanted to come out and race? And you… you of course… you.” Cameron said blushing and going all embarrassed. She looked up with a frown on her face feeling all confused. She never acted like this. “I think I hit my head.” she said answering Travis who was giving her a confused look along with a sneaky grin.

“I think the guys would be very happy to race. But I don’t think they got a chance.” Travis laughed walking to the kitchen where everyone else was. “We’ll have two people at a time and it’ll go down to semis and then finals. Winners vs winners, losers against losers… you know the drill.” Travis smiled down at Cameron and looked up at everyone else who was confused.

“Racing outside. Godfrey, get the camera!” Travis said. “We need some footage anyway.”

“I’m not going!” Sherri stated leaving the room with a little attitude.

“Whatever.” Andy said getting outside. Travis sighed looking after his girlfriend. He seemed to really care about her.

“Go get the other’s outside. I’ll get her to come.” Cameron said.

“Are you sure?” Travis asked thinking about yet another fight.

“I’m sure. Now go.” Cameron said. Travis left and Cameron walked to the living room. She found Sherri on the couch, flipping through a magazine. Cameron sat down next to her. “Sherri… I know we don’t like each other much, but can you come outside to race with the guys?”

“Nope.”

“It’s good practice… and… you might actually have fun!” Cameron said trying to convince her to actually agree. “Just do it for Travis. He seemed really upset when you left the room?”

“Of course he did. He loves me.”

“Exactly. So can you please do this for him?” Cameron said trying to get around her wall. “You don’t have to like me to come and race.”

“Fine. I’ll go.” Sherri said dumping her magazine down and following Cameron, who was supporting a smug grin on her lips, outside.

They all headed outside. At first it was Cameron and Mark. Cameron won by a lap. Mark got pissed and started chasing Cameron around the track. Everyone laughed as Cameron got close to him and slapped his head. She ran around him and jumped on his back giving him a slap attack. It was the funniest sight they had all seen.

“Right! Andy and Sherri you are up next!” Cameron said as her brother walked back to the group. She was happy Sherri decided to join them. Well not really. But she was glad she saw Travis all happy and joyful. The others seemed to be really down though.

“Thank you for doing this for me.” Travis whispered in Cameron’s ear.

“Please. It is the least I could do!” Cameron laughed pulling on her helmet and going up against Jim who had won against Tommy.

The day passed by with racing. Cameron was definitely going in for finals but now they were just waiting on whom against. It was either Andy or Travis. Cameron was pumped watching them speed around the track. She was standing on top of the golf cart cheering them on. Gregg was sitting down beside her, filming everything.

Cameron whooped loudly jumping off the golf cart as Travis finished in front of Andy. Travis smiled getting back up to the spray painted starting line. Cameron pulled her gear on and quickly pushed the bike over to Travis. She got on and waited for Special Greg to push the button on the air horn.

When it sounded Cameron kicked off speeding ahead. She did a wheelie just for the fun of it. Travis over took her. And that is how the race went on. Over taking each other again, again, and again. Cameron grinned as she cut Travis’ attempt to get in front of her. She grinned pulling away and speeding ahead. She looked back trying to see where he was. Her jaws dropped when he was nowhere to be seen. He looked ahead and saw that he was shoving her thumbs up. Cameron blinked a few times as she caught up to him.

She reminded herself to hit herself when she got off. It was Travis Pastrana that she was up against. Greatest rider out there. She was way too caught up in her thoughts and forgot about the track. She leaned forward sending her flying over the bike. She landed with a loud thud. She heard people yell her name but she didn’t care. She got on the bike again and continued to race after Travis. She saw everyone laughing as she caught up to Travis.

In the end Travis won by just a few seconds. Cameron got off the bike and laughed stretching her neck. Travis rode up to her.

“…Now that you’re okay. Ha… I win.” Travis laughed.

“Cocky much?” Cameron laughed. “Andy how do you know I didn’t let you win?”

“Ouch.” Andy laughed.

“I just rule!” Travis said with mock cockiness.

“Ego? A bit too much?” Cameron laughed getting her helmet off.

“Jeez Travis she’s killing you!” Andy laughed riding away. Jolene smiled and walked over to them.

“Hey! You guys want to come to the dinner party?” Cameron asked remembering the day it was. Audrina’s birthday was coming up soon, which meant Mark, Cameron and Brian would set up a small dinner party wherever. This year Cameron decided on a small restaurant near the bay. She had arranged to have the place all to themselves. “I know it is a bit short notice, especially with practice and all… but I can assure you that with the Jackass crew and Bam’s people there… it’ll be very bad to miss out on an event like this.” Cameron laughed.

“I think we could skip a few hours of practice. We can survive an early morning anyway.” Travis said shrugging.

“And we could just train harder.” Jolene said. “Jim and I can help Cam tomorrow.”

“That’s settled then.” Travis laughed.

“Finally I can feel like an actual girl again!” Jolene said driving off back to the house.

“I’m going to go… get dressed. After the shower…. Obviously.” Cameron said stuttering again. Why the hell couldn’t she make a freaking normal sentence or shut up for that matter when she was the only one with Travis! “I like dinner parties. Don’t you? They’re fun!” Cameron said trying to save the already unsolvable embarrassing moment. “I tend to talk a lot when I get nervous and all. Please feel free to stop me anytime!”

“You’re nervous?” Travis asked with a grin as they pushed their bikes towards the house.

“Race there?” Cameron asked getting on the bike and speeding off towards the house.

Travis shook his head and then followed her. Cameron started to act weird around him. The conclusion he came to was that she was just nervous about the race. He put the bike in the shed before walking inside his house. Cameron was sitting on the chair along with Jolene and Sherri talking about what to wear for the dinner part. He studied Cameron’s expression and realized she didn’t seem to mind Sherri. On the other hand Jolene had a pained expression on her face. Cameron looked up and met his gaze. “I won this one.” she said sticking her tongue out. Travis laughed shaking his head and walking up the stairs to get a shower and to get ready for the party.

“How come you landed those tricks so fast?” Sherri asked Cameron. Jolene rolled her eyes.

“I donnu. I watched some guys do some tricks. But these were my first times on the bike.” Cameron explained. “And I guess my mascot and cheerleader years in high school helped?”

“Oh.”Sherri said walking off with that.

“Well… I guess it is better than the bitching.” Cameron sighed looking at the positive side.

“I hate heeeer.” Jolene groaned slamming her head down on the table. She realized how much that hurt and lifted it up rubbing her forehead.

“You’re so weird.” Cameron laughed. “I’m going to take a shower. Can you please, please, PLEASE tell me where the downstairs bathroom is!!”

“Um… you see that door?” Jolene said pointing at the door behind her. “It’s behind that. And where have you been doing your… business lately?”

“In a bag in the basement…. wanna see?” Cameron said excitedly in a successful attempt of tricking Jolene. Jolene scrunched her face up in disgust. “Ha! You should’ve seen you’re face! That was epic! I used the bathroom I knew off! Travis’” Cameron laughed walking down to the bathroom.

She took a quick shower and walked back outside with a towel around her. Jolene was still sitting down reading a magazine of some sorts.

“Jolene! Hurry up! We gotta be there soon!” Cameron said clapping her hands together. Jolene walked up the stairs to start getting ready, while Cameron walked down to her room in the basement. She pulled on her usual pair of underwear before she started to get ready.

She was well into her dress finding actions when the door burst open. Travis was in the doorway with a smile spread across his face.

“Nice thong….” Travis stated. Cameron spun around getting all nervous and very embarrassed. She never really felt embarrassed by wearing underwear around guys. It was just like in a bikini. But this time, she didn’t know if she felt like this because of the thong or because of Travis looking at her.

“Yes Trav?” Cameron asked still a bit embarrassed pulling the towel over herself.

“Just wanted to ask what time the dinner is?”

“Um…” Cameron paused, looking at her phone. “In an hour. We better hurry up.”

“Okay. Rear break?” Travis asked the real question he came down there for. He stepped in the room and then plopped down on the bed. Cameron turned to face him.

“Same as the gear, except the right side.” Cameron laughed.

“Jeez. Why can’t I get you to do 50 pushups?!” Travis said pissed as he hit his head on the headrest.

“Honestly?” Cameron laughed looking at the final 2 dresses she picked out. “I can hardly do 10 pushups.”

“No wonder. You’re arms are like… skinny.” Travis said with a laugh.

“Doesn’t mean I can’t punch.” Cameron warned playfully.

“Yeah right.” Travis said walking out the room. Cameron giggled to herself as he passed by her, she punched him right where it hurt, but not that hard. Travis put his hands over his balls and let out a loud groan collapsing on the bed again. “Right. No pushups.” he said in a really high pitched voice. Cameron laughed getting her phone and laying down next to Travis and snapping a picture, of his pained face and her idiotic tongue-out-scrunched-up expression.

“Sorry.” Cameron said ruffling his hair and then looking at the dresses again.

“I’d go with the teal one.” Travis said getting up with a groan.

“Hm… I think I’ll take your advice. Thank you. And sorry again.”Cameron said with a small giggle.

“Yeah. I can see that.” Travis laughed and walked out the room to get ready himself. Well… to get a hat. Cameron slipped on her heels and did her makeup and looked at her now dry and messy curly hair. She sighed and decided to quickly straighten it.

Once that was done she looked at her reflection pleased. She sprayed one her favorite perfumes on and put on her necklace, earring and ring for the night. Finally she grabbed her clutch bag and walked up the stairs her heels clicking on the stairs.

“Wooooow.” Andy said seeing Cameron appear. “You look… hot.” he said with wide eyes.

“Aw… thank you Andy. You look good yourself too!” Cameron said hugging him. Andy still didn’t react much. He just stared at Cameron. Jim, Erik, Greg and Tommy came down to join them. They all dropped their jaws seeing Cameron. They had the same sort of reaction Andy had.

“I call dibs on first dance!” Andy said quickly.

“No!”

“I’m on for first!”

“Tommy gets first!!!”

The fight started out. Cameron laughed a little and sat down on the chair watching them yell at each other and all. Travis walked down the stairs and sat down next to her.

“What did you give them?” Travis laughed.

“Nothing. They’re fighting on first dance I think.”

“I preferred the thong and black underwear.” Travis laughed looking at Cameron’s dress.

“You saw her… in a…. in a… thong?!” Andy asked turning around.

“He walked in.” Cameron said putting her hands up in her protection. Travis laughed and nodded.

“Y’all decided who takes my sister?” Mark laughed emerging from the living room.

“What?! No over protecting brother thing?! You always do that!” Cameron said turning to her brother. He had always had a thing for hating Cameron’s dated and boyfriends. His reaction to this really surprised her. She wanted to know what was up with that.

“Haha. These guys are cool. I’ll give them a chance.” Mark laughed going outside to the car.

“Then I gotta enjoy this moment. I’ll hang with all of you okay?” Cameron laughed linking arms with Andy on one side and Greg on the other side.

Everyone loaded themselves into the car and then drove off to the restaurant ready to party.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah... if you still read this... sorry for late update :)