Status: Finished!

On a Lonely Night

Chapter 4.

It had been two weeks since I came back from my dumb trip to Ohio. John and I have been continuing what we’ve been doing and everyone knew about it by now. Much to HIS dismay, the rest of our friends wouldn’t stop bugging us about it. Honestly, I don’t know why John didn’t just ask me out instead of pushing anyone who said a word. He continued to tell me he loved me, which was what hurt the most. If he really loved me, wouldn’t he just ask me out instead of making a big deal out of it? For all I know, he could be lying to me for sex. What I did know was that I was maybe kind of falling in love for him? It took me long enough, right? He was hurting me now and a part of me still loved Nick.

“Tell him,” Jess said plainly, picking nail polish off of her fingers as we lay on my huge bed on our backs, staring at the ceiling.
I sighed, rubbing my face, “It’s not easy like that, Jess. I can’t just drop a bomb on John like that.”
She shrugged, “You told me he said he loved you.”
“Well he does,” I paused, “Say that. But how do I know he loves me in that way? He made it clear we aren’t together and it hurts because I want to be with him, he helps me…” I trailed off.
“Helps you what?” Jess was quite the persistent one.
“He helps me get over Nick. Nick has that dumb girlfriend and well…I do like John. I’m falling for him, to be honest.” I bit my thumbnail.
Jess shooed my hand away, “Stop that,” then continued once I pulled my hand away, “Well I think you should tell him that you have real feelings for him, not just physical.”
I had a lot to work through, “ I want to tell him…but I’m scared.”
Jess sighed, “Invite him over tonight to watch a movie.”
I tilted my head to look at her, “What good will that do? We’ll just end up fucking again.”
A laugh escaped Jess’s lips, “Tell him no.”
My thumbnail found its way back to my teeth.
“No Miri, you need to stop that,” Jess shooed my hand once again.
“I don’t know if I can do it,” I sighed.
She shrugged, “I dare you to try.”


“So what are we going to watch?” John asked, placing his arm around me and his lips near my neck.
I squirmed away from his lips, “Fight Club.”
His reaction to me pulling away was slightly funny and made me giggle.

John smirked, “What’s so funny?”
I shrugged, still smiling and reached over, pushing the play button on my DVD remote.

During the part where Tyler and Marla were having sex, John leaned over to whisper, “That’s what we should be doing.”

I chuckled, “You wish.”
He nodded, “You’re right, I do wish. What’s going on, Miri?”
He was catching on.
I sighed, “Nothing, let’s just watch the movie.”
“Miri,” John warned.
I groaned, pulling out of his grip, pausing the movie and standing to face him.
“Be honest with me, John,” I closed my eyes.
I heard him stand up and felt his body facing mine.
His hand caressed my cheek and my eyes opened, “In what way do you love me?”

Now John sighed and pulled his hand away, running it through his hair instead.
“What do you mean?” He asked finally.
“Just what I said. You always tell me you love me, John,” I reminded him.
He nodded, “I…why?”
“It doesn’t matter, just tell me,” I crossed my arms over my chest.
“Miri,” He sighed, putting an arm around my waist to pull our bodies together.
I pushed him away, “Dammit, John, stop stalling. Do you like me or not?”
“Of course I like you, Miri, you’re my best friend!”
I rolled my eyes and mumbled, “That’s all we’ll ever be then.”

“What was that?” John didn’t seem to hear.
I shook my head, now not wanting to let him know of my feelings.
“Miri, what the fuck?” John was yelling.
I felt tears welling in my eyes.
“Miri, fucking look at me. What the hell is going on?” He placed a hand under my chin and pulled my face up.
Our eyes met and his angry expression softened.
“What’s wrong?” John’s voice was gentle this time.

I sighed, “It doesn’t matter.”
“Obviously it does it you’re crying like this,” John sounded annoyed.
I rolled my eyes, “I like you, John. I don’t know why or how but somewhere between the kissing and the mindless sex, I fell for you. I am falling for you.”
I could feel John watching me through the silence. My eyes were focused on the grain pattern of the dark purple carpet while we stood there.

“Miriam,” John said my name for the thousandth time, this time it was barely above a whisper.
“It doesn’t even matter anymore, John, because we are just friends.”
Suddenly, he pressed his lips to my forehead.
When he pulled away, I looked up at him and found him smiling slightly.
“Did you mean what you said?” He asked softly.
I nodded, “I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t mean it, John.”
His smile grew, “I’ve liked you, Miri, for as long as I can remember knowing you.”
I blushed and kissed his cheek lightly, “So…”
John knew what I was hinting at and chuckled, “Will you be my girlfriend, Miri?”
I couldn’t help grinning like a fool, “Of course, John.”
Then we kissed. We completely forgot about the movie and ended up doing what we do best; fucking around.


We lay in my bed, three hours later, just enjoying each other's presence.
“Miri?” John asked quietly, stroking my blond hair.
“Yeah?” I replied sleepily.
“I’m really glad that you told me what you did.” He kissed the top of my head.
“Me too, John.”
“Otherwise, we’d still just be fuck buddies. I’m the biggest pussy in the world and I apologize for not telling you how I really really felt about you sooner,” His lips had departed from my head and his hand continued stroking my blond waves.
“I love you.”
“I love you too, Miri. Goodnight,” John kissed my head one more time before all movement ceased and we fell asleep, like normal.

Except this time, it was different.
♠ ♠ ♠
No one kill me about this because it is definitely a Nick Santino ff.

I love you commenters. (All three of you!)

Note: This chapter is a tad longer than the last but still short. More subscribers/commenters will make them longer!