Status: Finished!

On a Lonely Night

Chapter 6.

Nick ended up staying with Eric Halvorsen, aka Halvo, who just so happens to be John O’s best guy friend. I, spent as much time as possible with O’Callaghan and away from Nick. It is so much harder than it seems. Everywhere I went, I saw Nick.

Nick was at the mall in American Apparel. Nick was at Starbucks. Nick was at Chipotle and In N Out. Nick was at Walmart. Nick was at Coldstone. He was everywhere. Figuratively, not literally, of course.

Yeah, I am aware that this was not good. John was my number one right now and he was all I needed to be thinking about. However, like I said; it was much harder than it seemed.

“Mornin’ darlin’,” John said while stretching his arms over his head.
I snuggled into his bare chest, “Mornin’ rockstar.”
John still hadn’t opened his eyes as he wrapped his arms around my clothed torso. He had given me one of his white tank tops and some boxers to wear, while he wore his basketball shorts.

“What’s on the agenda for today?” I asked, finally getting him to open his eyes.
His bluish green eyes met my plain blue ones, sending shivers down my spine.
Honestly, I never thought I would think my eyes to be boring. I was the only one in my hometown who had eyes like I did. They were just a plain bluish color, but it was the shade of blue that made people stare. The blue was a very vivid tint. However, next to John’s eyes, mine were nothing.

He sighed, blowing a strand of hair out of his face, “Want to take my truck and have a picnic in the truckbed?” John asked excitedly.
I chuckled at his sudden enthusiasm, “Of course.”
He let go of me to throw his arms in the air victoriously.
I laughed louder this time, “I’m gonna go home, shower, change, and then…uhh pick me up around 3?” I decided, realizing it was already 1:00PM.
He pouted, “Two who hours!? Without my baby?”
He snuggled his face into the crook of my neck and I giggled.
My lips grazed his ear, “It will go by fast, I promise.”
“Fiiinee,” John whined, sitting up and mussing his hair a little.
I watched him – mostly his body – as he got up and went over to his drawers.
Before he opened them he turned back to me, “I know I’m beautiful and everything and I love you, but what are you still doing here? Get up! Go home! I want this time to go by as fast as possible!”
I laughed, getting up, “I’ll return your clothes tomorrow.”
He waved me off, “No need, just keep them.”


It was extremely hot this morning, not that it wasn’t hot every morning, it just seemed more extreme today. Or maybe it was because Nick was clouding my thoughts again.

I thought of the redness that now plagued his head and how he still managed to look like the same old Nick to me, even with the tattoos and lankiness. I was so used to him and his personality that nothing seemed to change, except of course the fact that we weren’t exactly talking, I had a boyfriend and we were much older now.

Then I saw him again, another figment of my imagination. Much like how I “saw” him at the mall and all of those places, here he was, a block down, coming my way. Oh, the things the heat will do to you.

It wasn’t until Nick waved sheepishly as he neared closer, that I realized it was, in fact, Nick Santino.
“Hi Miri,” He smiled lightly.
I gave him a smaller smile, “Hi.”
He ran a hand through his red hair, making it stand up straight, “Where are you off to?”
I fiddled with my fingers, “My house.”
He nodded, “I was just heading for town, trying to find some place to eat.”
I looked at him funny, “Halvo couldn’t help you?”
He flicked his wrist and went on to explain the matter, “He’s still sleeping and I was starving. No food there.”
I chuckled, “Halvo.”
He smiled bigger this time, “Would you like to join me?”
I sighed and looked at the time on my phone, it was almost 1:30, “I would love to, but I’m meeting John at 3.”
He shrugged, “Another time then?”
I nodded, “Sure, just call me or whatever.”
He grinned, nodding before straightening up his torso, “I’ll see you later, Miri.”
I waved at him as he passed by and then continued on my trek home.

My encounter with Nick was definitely more than enough to kick any thoughts I had been having of John out of my brain, not that I was thinking about John.

I went back home, showered, and got dressed. When I was completely ready, it was nearing 2:30. I plopped myself down on the couch and sighed, rubbing my face in my hands. I don’t know how much longer I could last without Nick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the shortness/fillerness. I needed to update and I wanted to get it done before I headed off to double bio (5 mintues, friends)

So RIP Corey Haim :( I hate hearing about all of these celebrities dying.

I love you all. Comments/Subscriptions are appreicated <3