Sequel: This Modern Love
Status: Read "This Modern Love," It's part two to this story.

Florescent Adolescence

Florescent Adolescence.

I ran into Mason’s house, absolutely livid. Mason sat on the couch with Scotty and Louie was lying on his stomach on the floor in front of the TV.

“What did he do now?” Mason asked lazily, shoveling ruffles into his mouth and keeping his gaze set towards the TV.

Louie turned his head to look at me. His eyes grew wide, and he turned back to the TV.

“Have fun dealing with her, Scotty,” Louie smirked.

"Louie, shut the fuck up," I warned in a shaky voice.

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Calm down. Don't get a big dick."

Instead of following my impulse, which was to jump on his back and choke him, I ran back in the front yard. I took a seat on the tail gate of Mason's truck.

Scotty took a seat next to me on the truck. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" he asked quietly.

"Well, I did what you said, and that got me absolutely fucking no where. He got pissed off that I hid it from him. Then I asked about Natalie, and he pretty much told me to fuck off. Then he decided to have a go at you, and he told me to leave," I explained, venom coating every word.

“What do you mean he had a go at me?” Scotty asked, getting a little roughed up.

“He said that you weren’t that great of a boyfriend because you told me what was going on between him and Natalie. He said that this whole caring thing is just an act.”

“How the hell does that make me the bad guy? It’s not like I’m doing it for the sex, since there is none, and that’s because I won’t let it happen! Hurting you was not my intention,” he exclaimed.

“I know, calm down,” I said, shaking his elbow. My anger started to steadily decrease in the presence of Scotty. Even though, I was probably making him upset by repeating Shaun’s words.

“Why did you tell me?” I asked quietly.

Scotty licked his lips and let out a sharp breath. “I didn’t do it to hurt you, that’s for sure. I am getting serious feelings for you. And I wanted to tell you how serious Shaun and Natalie were getting--”

“In hopes that I would forget about Shaun,” I continued with a bark in my voice.

Scotty shook his head. “No. I know you can’t do that. I just wanted you to leave him alone for a while. I understand you’ve got mad love for him, but I just want you to be happy.”

“How is me leaving him alone with her going to make me happy?” I asked rudely.

“Because, if you keep bugging him about her, he’s just going to get irritated with you nagging him about her,” he explained.

“So now I’m nagging?” I snapped.

Scotty rolled his eyes and shook his head. “That is not what I’m saying! Let’s play it like this, imagine anytime you and I are alone together, and I just keep asking you when you’re going to have sex with Shaun.”

“What does that have to do anything?”

“I’m waiting. I want you to have sex with Shaun,” Scotty said, staring at me.

“What? Are you serious?” I asked a little stunned at him.

“I’m starting to get pissed that you haven’t slept with him yet,” he moodily stated.

“Scotty, what are you doing?” I was starting to feel really stupid.

“You know what? I’m too horny to wait for you. Call me back when he finally fucks you,” he spat, turning his head away from me.

“What the hell are you doing?” I yelled, feeling hurt.

Scotty turned back around to face me. “Irritating, isn’t it?” he asked, swishing his mouth to the side.

I sighed, finally realizing what he was doing. “Yeah, I guess,” I muttered.

“See? Just give Shaun his space. I’m not trying to make you lose focus on him or anything; I just want you to finally be with him in the end. When he’s done exploring, or whatever he calls it, he’ll come to you,” Scotty explained.

I just kept silent. Scotty had a point, but I felt that he was just trying to bullshit me, as horrible as that sounds.

“Why do you want me to be with Shaun so bad?” I asked, fiddling with my thumbs.

Scotty stuck his tongue inside his cheek. “Because I like you, a lot. And it’s one of those ‘meant to be’ things for you and him.”

“But if you like me so much, how come you don’t want to be with me?”

“Because you aren’t meant for me. It’s not that I don’t want to be with you, it’s just that I know that it wouldn’t last as long as you and Shaun would,” he answered. He scooted back into the bed of the truck, and laid down.

I did the same, turning my head to face him. “So you would risk your happiness for mine?” I asked, feeling a little warm inside.

Scotty wrapped his arms around me in a sideways hug. “That’s exactly right.”

I snuggled my face in his chest and smiled. “You really are amazing, Scotty.”

“Not really, I just care,” he said with a smile in his voice.

I leaned up and gave him a kiss. “So how serious are these feelings you’re developing?” I asked with a smirk.

He smiled and shook his head. “Seriously serious,” he replied.

“Like what?” I teased.

He shook his head. “Maybe I’ll tell you next time, when this bullshit love story continues.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw. :)
So, I don't have the first chapter of the sequel typed up.
BUT
You should click HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TOTHE SEQUEL

It won't be posted until next week, because I have finals this week, and then springbreak from the 15th-21st, and I'm flying to Puerto Rico to visit my family. :)

But, I'll make a deal. I'll update THREE times that day. :D

And, If anyone wants to make a banner for the story, feel free. It has' one, but I don't think I like it much.

LEAVE IT MUCH LOVE! <3