Let Your Heart Win

Chapter 10

Brian stirred as the sun filtered through the bedroom window. Rolling over he opened his eyes, smiling as he saw Cali still fast asleep. He moved himself closer, propping himself up on his elbow, his other hand reaching over to brush the stray strand of hair off her face.

His fingers then slowly traced lightly down her body until they were resting on her stomach, where he spread his palm out over the small bump. His smile widened as he felt the faint movement of the baby under her skin.

“Morning baby.” He whispered, his thumb gently rubbing over where he’d felt the movement. Cali let out a soft moan as she stirred but remained asleep.

He happily watched her sleep with his hand resting on her stomach for what seemed for hours until he decided to get up. Placing a soft kiss on her cheek he got out of bed and grabbed a pair of shorts to put on before heading downstairs into the kitchen.

He walked over to where his iPod was docked in the small speakers and pressed play, turning down the volume so that it didn’t disturb Cali as Bullet for my Valentine began to play. Brian sang along quietly as he made a breakfast of bacon, scrambled eggs and toast. He placed the two plates onto a tray along with two glasses of orange juice and headed back up the stairs.

“Hey, where are you going?” he asked as he reached the top of the stairs to find Cali making her way towards him.

“I smelt bacon.” She replied with a smile as she looked at the tray in Brian’s hands.

“Turn around, we’re having breakfast in bed.” he replied with a smile. She did as she was told and headed back into the bedroom and climbed back onto the bed. Brian placed the tray carefully on the bed and carefully sat down next to her, watching with wide eyes as she began to devour the bacon like her life depended on it.

“Its okay babe, I didn’t really want any bacon. I’m good with just the eggs.” He said sarcastically as she took the bacon off his plate and began to chew on it.

“Good, cos the baby wants bacon.” She replied with a mouthful.

“Poor thing, getting blamed for stuff before it’s born.” He replied.

“I can make it your fault if you want Haner.” She said sternly pointing a finger at him.

“Sorry babe, you eat all the bacon the baby needs.” He replied, briefly kissing her cheek before picking up his fork.

“Thank you.” she replied smugly. “You know, you should cook me breakfast more often, this is delicious.”

“It’s only bacon and eggs babe.” He replied with a chuckle.

“I know, but it’s still good. The baby likes it.” She replied with a smile, taking hold of his hand and placing it on her stomach where the baby was moving quietly.

“That feels so amazing. I can’t wait for him to start kicking properly.” He whispered.

“Or her.” she corrected.

“Or her.” he repeated with a smile as he removed his hand.

“See this is how Sunday’s should be. Breakfast in bed with a sexy man.” She said as she finished off the last drop of her orange juice.

“To be honest I prefer it to be a sexy woman, but yeah, this is just about perfect.” He agreed before removing the tray from the bed. As he turned back to face her, she quickly captured his lips with hers, and roughly pushed him back down onto the bed.

Cali lay in Brian’s strong tattooed arms, her eyes shut as she allowed her breathing to return to normal. She let out a content sigh as she felt his fingers gently trace over the tattoo on her left arm.

“What do you want to do today?” she asked quietly.

“Whatever you want to do baby.” He replied gently placing a kiss on her forehead.

“I want to be really lazy and do as little as possible.” She replied.

“Okay, I think I can manage that. How about we spend the day out in the back yard, in the hammock?” he replied.

“Sounds perfect. We can take that baby name book out and start coming up with possibilities for this little one.” She replied sitting up. “Shower first though.”

A smirk quickly appeared on his lips as she got out of bed and he followed her into the master bathroom, wrapping his arms around her body as he stepped into the shower behind her, the warm water cascading over their bodies.

Showered and dressed, Brian and Cali made their way downstairs and out into the back yard where they were greeted by Pinkly and Boscoe yapping at their feet.

“Hey you two, didn’t daddy feed you this morning?” Cali asked as she made her way over to the hammock.

“Ooops.” Brian muttered behind her. “I’ll be back in a minute babe. Come on you two.”

As Brian fed the dogs Cali made herself comfortable on the hammock, sunglasses over her eyes as she opened the book of baby names and began flicking through the pages.

“Okay, now that those two babies are taken care of let’s find a name for our actual baby.” Brian said as he joined her. He lay down next to her and pulled himself closer to her.

“Okay, boys first. May as well start with A.” she replied turning back to the first page of boys names.

“How about Aaron?” she asked skimming down the list.

“It’s not my favourite name in the world.” He replied.

“Okay, how about….” She began “Aiden?”

Brian looked thoughtful for a moment before nodding, “Yeah, defiantly one for the list.” He replied.

They continued through the names began with A and onto B names. “Brandon?” Cali asked as she skimmed down the list. “Or Brendon?”

“Brandon no, Brendon possible I guess.” He replied.

“Brodie?” she asked.

“What about Brian?” he asked with a thoughtful smile.

“No.” she replied sharply.

“Thanks for the quick shoot down babe. What’s wrong with Brian?” he asked sounding a little insulted.

“Sorry babe, there’s honestly nothing wrong with the name Brian. But it’s just that if we call our son Brian, he’ll be Brian Junior, Junior.” She explained apologetically.

“Brian the third.” He chuckled. “Okay, what about Elwin?”

“As a middle name like you. I’ll be happy with that.” she replied with a smile.

“Really?” he asked sounding surprised.

“Yes, really. I’d love it if we name our son after you.” she replied leaning across to kiss him briefly.

“Do you think James goes well with Elwin?” he asked cautiously looking into her eyes.
Her eyes glazed over as she took a deep breath, unable to break her gaze with Brian.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to…” he began quietly, his thumb gently rubbing over her cheek, wiping away the stray tear.

“I just thought you may want to name him after your dad too.” he added quietly kissing her forehead.

“I would love to, its just that….can you imagine explaining ‘Yes son, you’re named after your grandfather who wants nothing to do with you because he thinks your father will break my heart.’” She said as more tears fell down her cheeks.

“Oh babe, he’ll come round, you know he will. He loves you.” Brian whispered pulling her gently into his chest, his hands rubbing her back soothingly.

“If he does love me then why can’t he accept the fact that I’m happy? That I’m in love with you, you’re in love with me and we’re having this baby together.” she cried into his chest.

“He will babe, I promise. He just needs time to realise that we belong together, that we’re happy together and that we’re in love and intend staying like that forever.” He replied, lifting her chin with his index finger and placing a kiss on her lips.

“Thank you.” she said quietly as she gazed into his brown eyes.

“For what?” he asked with a small laugh.

“For reassuring me. For supporting me.” she replied with a smile.

“Comes with being a loving boyfriend.” He replied smugly, kissing her lips again. “So, do you like James Elwin if it’s a boy?”

Cali nodded with a smile. “Yeah I do. In fact I think it’s perfect.”

“Okay, cool, so what of it’s a girl?” he asked.

“Well let’s see.” She said turning back to the book and flicking through the pages until she found the girls names. “How about Aaliyah?”

“On the list. Next?” he replied.

“Addison?” she replied.

“Yeah that can go on the list too.” he replied. Again they made their way slowly through the book, taking each letter in turn.

“Okay, time for snacks.” Brian announced as he got off the hammock as Cali turned the page onto girls names beginning with S.

“Mmm, yeah. Can I have a glass of lemonade as well please?” she asked.

“Anything for you baby.” He replied, kissing her lips briefly.

“In that case, give Johnny Depp a call and see if he’s free.” She called after him.

He stopped and turned around to glare at her with a smile on his face. “What do you want him for when you’ve got me?” he asked.

“Babe, every woman needs some Johnny Depp in their lives.” She said with a smile, blowing him a kiss.

“How about Stephanie?” Cali asked as Brian returned carrying two glasses of lemonade and a bag of chips.

“Stephanie? Yeah, I really like that one.” He replied thoughtfully.

“Stephanie Haner. Yeah I really like that.” she said with a nod of her head.

“Okay, so now we need a middle name for her.” he replied.

“Stephanie Jayne.” She offered, but Brian shook his head.

“What about Emilia? We both liked that one. Stephanie Emilia?” he replied.

“Stephanie Emilia Haner? I love it.” She replied.

Brian lowered his head so that he was level with her stomach and lifted up her shirt. “Did you hear that? You’re either going to be Stephanie Emilia Haner or James Elwin Haner.” He said, talking to her small bump.

“Bri, can we keep it to the three of us though, I don’t want anyone else knowing until the baby’s born.” She replied.

“Of course babe, any reason why?” he replied, bringing his head back up to her.

“I guess it’s because of all the crap my mom went through with naming me. Both her mom and dad’s mom wanted other names and tried telling her not to name me Cali.” She replied.

“Okay babe. It’ll be our little secret. Just us three.” He replied, kissing her temple and pulling her into a gentle hug, allowing her to relax into his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, not sure if I like this one.... tell me what you think?!
Thanks as always :)

Cali