Let Your Heart Win

Chapter 9

Cali sat on the floor of her living room rolling a ball for Boscoe to chase as she waited for Brian and the guys to arrive with the removal truck. Everything was packed up and ready to be shipped over to their new house, as was everything over at Brian’s.

A loud rhythmic knock at the door caught Boscoe’s attention and he ran off barking as loudly as he could.

“It’s open guys!” Cali called as she lifted herself off the floor. The door opened and Rachel walked in, scooping up Boscoe into her arms, allowing him to excitedly lick her face.

“Hey little dude. You make a hell of a lot of noise when someone knocks on the door do you know that?” She said speaking to the dog as the other girls followed her into the apartment.

“That’s because he knows knocking means people and people mean attention.” Cali replied. “Are the guys here with the truck yet?”

“They were pulling up just behind us.” Val replied as she took Boscoe out of Rachel’s hands.

“Is everything ready to go?” Jenni asked and Cali nodded, turning as she heard the guys entering the apartment.

“Yep, even Boss is ready to go.” She replied with a smile as the five guys walked in through the front door.

“In that case he can go and keep Pinkly company.” Brian said as he walked over and wrapped his arms around her waist. “And you…”

“Yeah I know. I can’t lift anything. I’ll just go sit and watch the dogs all day.” She replied with a roll of her eyes.

“Actually, that’s not what I was going to say.” He replied with a smirk. “I was just going to give you these.”

He took a step back and placed a set of keys and an envelope into her hands. “I thought it would be useful if you had a set of keys to our new home.” he said with a smile.

“And what’s this?” she asked, aware that everyone’s eyes were on her.

“Open it and find out.” she gazed at him for a moment before slowly opening the envelope and pulling out a voucher for a day of spa treatments.

“What’s this for?” she asked.

“Well, I was thinking that it would be a nice treat, especially considering the past couple of days and with tomorrow.” he replied quietly.

“Tomorrow?” Cali asked confused.

“The sixth of June.” Brian whispered. Cali’s eyebrows furrowed as she thought about what was significant about that date for a moment before a smile worked its way onto her lips as she leaned up and kissed him forcefully.

“What’s tomorrow?” Rachel asked as they parted.

“A year since we met.” Cali stated turning to face her best friend.

“Aww and you remembered that? That’s so sweet Bri.” Val cooed as the guys snickered behind him.

“I know.” he said smugly, kissing Cali’s cheek. “Anyway, the other girls have got vouchers too, so go, relax and come back to your new home.”

“I love you.” she said quietly leaning up to kiss him again.

“Love you too baby.” He whispered against her lips.

“Okay, save the lovey dovey stuff for when you get home, we’ve got a day of pampering to do.” Rachel said taking hold of Cali’s hand and leading her out of her apartment.

^^^

Cali closed her eyes as she relaxed back in the Jacuzzi with the other girls. They had spent the past four hours at the spa getting massaged, body wrapped manicured, pedicured and waxed.

“Thanks for coming with me today girls.” She said quietly.

“Not a problem sweetie, thank that lovely boyfriend of yours for organising it and inviting us.” Val replied.

“And drop a hint that this would be a good birthday treat for me.” Rachel said “Oh and remind him, August eighth.”

“I just can’t believe that it was a year ago when I first met Brian and the guys.” Cali replied with a smile.

“This year has gone so fast and so much has happened.” Val mused. “Oh and for the record, Brian has been so much happier these past couple of months. I know Michelle is my sister but he was never truly happy with her and I never really saw them having a future together.”

“I’ve never been this happy neither. But I still feel bad for how we went about getting together.” she replied.

“Oh honey, that’s in the past now. you’ve got the future to concentrate on and your life with Brian in that amazing new house, which by the way I’m jealous of, and with that little baby on the way too.” Jenni said.

“Exactly. The two of you just need to focus on the future you have together.” Val said. “Have you two started thinking about names yet?”

“We’ve come up with a few, but there’s not been anything that we’ve both either really liked and both agreed on.” She replied.

“When do you find out the sex?” Rachel asked.

“I’ve got a scan in about three weeks, so I’m guessing then.” She replied.

“You don’t want a surprise?” Jenni asked.

“Well actually that’s something Brian and I have been discussing. He wants to find out but I would quite like it to be a surprise. I guess I’ll just see what happens at the scan.” She replied.

“Well girlies, I don’t know about you but I’m going to get out of here before I end up looking like a prune.” Rachel announced stepping out of the Jacuzzi and wrapping a fluffy white robe around her slim figure.

The other girls followed suit and headed off to the changing rooms to get dried and dressed before heading back to the new house.

They walked through the house, following the sound of the guys’ laughter through to the back yard, finding them all sat around beside an unlit fire.

“I hope you guys aren’t slacking.” Cali stated loudly causing the five of them to turn abruptly.

“As a matter of fact, we’re done.” Matt stated.

“Well, apart from unpacking your clothes, which Brian won’t let me do for some reason.” Jimmy said with a pout.

“Like I want you rooting through my girlfriends’ underwear.” Brian defended.

“Thanks babe.” She replied as he pulled her gently into his lap and kissed her cheek.

“Anytime beautiful. Did you and the girls have a good time?” he asked.

“Mmmhmm, it was so relaxing. It’s defiantly something I could get used to.” she replied.

“Maybe I’ll have to make sure that happens then.” He replied.

“Gates, will you shut the fuck up now! Do you realise how bad you’re making the rest of us look?” Zacky called across to him.

“Exactly, dude you’re killing us.” Matt added.

“What? It’s not my fault I know how to treat the love of my life.” He replied smugly.

“You know, instead of bitching at him for it, you guys could actually take notice and treat your girls the same way.” Cali added with a smile.

“You know, I used to like you Cali Hetfield.” Jimmy fake glared at her with his arms crossed over his chest.

“Love you too Jimbo.” She said poking out her tongue at him.

“Yeah, whatever.” He replied mockingly with a small smile.

Brian tightened his grip slightly around Cali’s waist, kissing the crook of her neck as he slipped his hand under her t-shirt so that it was resting on her small bump.

“Oh my god!” Cali whispered at the feel of a small fluttering sensation in her stomach.

“You felt that too?” Brian asked as the others carried on their conversation.

“Yeah…and again!” she replied as she felt the same thing again.

“Is that..?” he asked quietly.

“Yeah, I think it is.” She said with a beaming smile.

“Hey baby.” She said looking down at her stomach, resting her hand next to Brian’s.

“What’s going on guys?” Jimmy asked realising that they were oblivious to what was going on around them.

“We’ve just felt the baby.” Brian replied proudly.

There was collective cheers and squeals from everyone as they all began to crowd the two of them, each of them eager to feel the baby move.

Cali pushed herself back towards Brian, her eyes closed as she tried to turn away from the mass of hands.

“Guys! Chill the fuck out! Cali’s not some dog that you can all pet! Back off!” Brian yelled. Everyone immediately moved back, apologising.

“Thank you. Now, I don’t want to see any of you feeling up her bump unless you’ve been asked!” he said sternly. Again they all muttered a reply and more apologies.

“Sorry Cal.” Rachel said with an apologetic smile.

“It’s okay, I know you’re all just excited.” She replied relaxing once again in Brian’s arms.

“Guys, maybe we should leave them to it.” Zack said as he stood up.

“No guys, there’s no need.” Cali protested.

“Nah, its okay, I’m sure you two want to enjoy the rest of your first day in your new house.” Matt said as he too stood up, the others all following suit.

They all said their good byes and Cali once again relaxed back into Brian’s arms as they led on the lounger looking out across their new back yard.

“I can’t believe this is actually our home now.” Cali whispered with a smile.

“I know. Thank you for sharing it with me.” Brian replied quietly. With a smile, Cali raised her head and leaned up to press her lips gently against his. He kissed her back, their lips in perfect sync as they parted and their tongues danced slowly together.

Slowly Brian rolled them over so that he was on top and they began to slowly undress each other, gazing lovingly into each other’s eyes as he inched his way slowly into her body.

Her hips raised to meet each of his slow thrusts, her eyes finally closing with ecstasy as they came in unison.

“I love you.” Brian whispered quietly, placing a kiss just below her ear before collapsing next to her, pulling her closer to him.

“I love you too.” she replied breathlessly.
♠ ♠ ♠
URGH! I hate this chapter! And for some reason it's taken me ages to get it written up! :(

Not that it deserves any, but comments are always appreciated! :)