Status: Spotty

Say the Last Goodbye

XxX 1 XxX

I sat in my best friend Tanya's kitchen in my bikini and shorts. As I twiddled my thumbs, i never heard her approaching footsteps. She grabbed my shoulders and I nearly flew to the floor in fear.

Her simple laugh rung in my ears.

"Bitch!" I laughed.

I could see the tears in her eyes but my laughing abruptly changed as I rubbed my tattooed arm in emotional pain. Memories flashed in my mind which almost brought the stinging tears to fall. i scolded myself for making the funny moment into one of tense emotion. I heard Tanya mumbled something in my ear that sounded like an apology but I couldn't make out anything in my fuzzy mind.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and cast a half-hearted smile her way. Tanya's eyes went down cast but I just wrapped my arms around her in forgiveness.

“Now that this is all over let’s go to the BEACH PARTY! WOO!!!” I swung my hips in total party mood.

“Woohoo!!!!” Tanya practically yelled.

We slipped on our sandals on and walked into the California heat. I took one step before remembering my purse. I never went anywhere without my purse.

I quick ran back into the house and grabbed my over sized A7x purse. Tanya was tapping her floor with impatience. I gave her a sheepish smile before we started to walk.

“We have to run to the bar quick. I need to quick talk to my boss.” Tanya gave a quick laugh.

Tanya works at one of the smaller bars as a part time job.

“Why do you have to talk to your boss?”

“I’m quitting. They have shitty pay there and I feel that it isn’t worth my time to even bother.”

I nodded before linking arm’s with her. We talked about random stuff and work. Soon the small bar came into view and we veered off into the entry way. I opened the door for my dear Tanya and we both entered.

“Yo, Craig!” Tanya yelled to her boss. “I need to talk to you in the kitchen!”

He gave a brief nod. I watched Tanya walked behind her lanky blonde haired boss. I knew that this was going to take a while being that her boss was a knuckle head and never went down without a fight so I decided to get a Dr. Pepper.

“Hey Katie! What can I get for you?” Maggie, one of the bartenders that worked here, asked me.

I slipped onto the bar stool that was next to a dark haired man that wore a pinstripe fedora. He kept his head down but I really didn’t care. “Uhh…get me a Dr. Pepper, please.”

“Righty then.” She turned around and opened the cooler.

My can was handed to me without another word and Maggie turned to help the man next to me. I couldn’t help but notice her flutter her eyelashes and push her dainty chest on the bar. I rolled my eyes and opened my pop.

“No thank you. I do not wish to have your number.” His voice was smooth but held a note of irritation.

I stifled a laugh at seeing Maggie’s disappointed expression.

She gave a huff before walking away. I flipped my chocolate brown hair so it wasn’t in my face. I started to take a drink when I noticed someone staring at me. I looked over to see deep brown eyes focused on me. I was…entranced.

That ended easily enough when I heard something metal like hit the wall in the kitchen.

“Fuck.” I growled in frustration.

Setting down my drink I stomped towards the kitchen to find Tanya with a pan in her hand. I looked over to see where she was glaring at and saw Craig with a red face. I walked in and crossed my arms waiting for an explanation.

“He fucking threw a cooking pot at me!” Tanya yelled.

“Well she isn’t fucking quitting! She brings in most of my service!!” Craig retorted.

I knew that it was an act…mostly. Tanya and Craig have been starry eyed since they started to work together. I gave a sigh and just turned around. “Quit fighting and make-up.” I said over my shoulder.

Their appalled looks burned into my back as I left the kitchen. I went over to resume my spot next to the guy staring at me.

“I’m Brian and what the fuck just happened in there?” His voice gave me butterflies.

“To people won’t admit anything.” I said bluntly.

I tipped my head back and chugged half of my drink before stifling an uncalled for burp. I looked over to see Brian staring at me. Realization hit me. “I’m Katie.” I held out my hand and he shook it thoughtfully.
\
“Nice to meet you.” He said easily.

A crooked smirk formed on his thin lips. Wait a minute… “Holy Fuck! Synyster fucking Gates. I mean…Holy Fuck! Brian is that really you?? Wait duh it is but I mean, Do you remember me from high school?”

“Hmm…would your last name possibly be Alexanders?”

Of course he didn’t remember. I was never part of his clique. I gave a frown and just chugged the rest of my pop and went towards the kitchen. Tanya and Craig were mere inches from each other but that didn’t stop me from grabbing her arm and dragging her out of the bar.

Tears were threateningly close. I covered my trembling lips before I stopped walking. Tanya was infuriated but when she saw my expression, she became confused.

I could feel the old feelings of attraction come bubbling up but I tried to push them away. Of course they won.

“Hun, what’s wrong?” Tanya’s voice was gentle.\

“He-he’s b-back. Rem-remember Brian H-Haner?” I choked through my now strong sobs.

“Yeah and he was a prick. Why?”

“When you w-were in the k-kitchen, it-it was a little cl-class reunion.” Another fit of tears.

Suddenly Tanya was gone from my sight.

I watched her storm back to the bar. Oh Fuck!
♠ ♠ ♠
Katie's outfit

Tanya's outfit

1010 words. Comment puh-lease!!!!!!!

Tell me if i suck!!!!!