Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Just a Kid.

[Paul's Point Of View]

“Mr. Talley! What have happened?” the elderly nurse jumped from her chair.
“She bumped into me and hit her head. I think she fainted.” I explained as I placed the unknown girl on the bench.
“Ah, it’s the new girl, Elia. I told them they couldn’t let a blind girl wander around alone.” She shook her head as she found a ice pack and placed it on her forehead.
I sat down in the chair next to Elia. What? Wait! Blind? “She is blind?” I asked.
“Yes, Paul, don’t you know her?”
“No, never seen her before.” I told the nurse. If she was blind, how could I have imprinted on her?
“Do you mind waiting with here while I go call her brother? He told us to always call if she hurt herself.” She left the room before I got the chance to answer.

I took Elia’s hand in both of mine and stroked her palm. When she lay like that she kind of looked like one of the vampires we took down a while ago. I shook the thought out of my mind. Elia was way hotter than any vampire. Her skin was so soft. I found myself smiling adoringly down at her. I stood up and leaned against the wall. I put my head in my hands. I’m becoming just like Sam. Fuck, I have just imprinted and I hate it already.

Elia stirred and her eyes fluttered open. She put a hand on her forehead. I couldn’t help but walk back to her.
“Ouch. Where am I?” she asked and stared at the roof.
I took her hand in mine. “You’re at the nurse’s office. You hit your head when you crashed into me.”
“Who are you?” she sat up slowly and looked in my direction.
“Paul Talley.” I smiled at her.
“God, you’re hot!” she exclaimed.
I smirked. “I know.”
“No, I mean, your hand is hot.” She shook her head, and then winced.
“Right.” I frowned. She’s blind.
“How old are you Paul?” she looked at nothing. It was a little disturbing.
“I’m nineteen.” I told her. “How old are you?”
“Sixteen.” She said.
“Just a kid then.” I mumbled.
A little frown grazed her beautiful mouth. She removed her hand from mine. “Why are you at school if you’re nineteen, haven’t you graduated?” her tone was sharper.
I furrowed my brows. I didn’t like the way her expression was. “I’m repeating.”

She nodded. “Where is the nurse anyway?”
“She’s calling your brother or something.” I said in a bored tone. If she wanted to be mean to me, I would play along. I didn’t like it. Jeez, Paul, get a grip.
“What!?” she jumped down from the bench and almost fell over. I caught her around the waist.
“Damn it Elia, can’t you be more careful?” I said in an angry tone. She’s going to hurt herself.
She stepped away from me, careful this time. “Why do you care?”
I sighed and put my hands at my temples. I had to calm down before I did something stupid I would regret. “I just do.”

The door burst open before she had a chance to send back a remark. A dark haired man walked over to Elia and pulled her into a hug. Jealousy shot through me.
“Elia, I was so worried!” the man said as he kissed the top of her head.
“I’m okay Darin. I just bumped my head.” She took a hold of his hand when he let her go.
I glared at their hands.
“Who are you?” Darin asked me.
“Paul. I helped Elia.” I told him.
“Thank you for helping my sorella.”He looked genuinely grateful. I didn’t understand what he said. He saw it. “My sister.” He smiled.
The jealousy vanished and I nodded. “No problem.”
“I’m okay Darin, you can just leave.” Elia said.
“No, you’re coming with me bambina. The nurse told me you need to rest.”
She sighed. “Okay… go get me a pass with the receptionist.” She ordered.
Darin and the nurse left the room.

“Paul?” she asked and stretched her right arm out in the air.
I took her hand. “Yeah, Elia?”
She stood in front of me. She put both her hands on my arms, then moved them up to my neck and pulled me down. He put one of her hands on my cheek, then removed it and placed a soft kiss where she just had had her hand.
“Thank you.” She smiled.
I nodded. She felt it because she still had her hand on my neck. I was in a daze. No girl had made me feel like that.
“And sorry for my brother, he loves to use Italian words when he talks.”
“You are Italian?” I asked her.
She nodded before she turned around and felt her way to the door. Just as she opened the door, I got back the control of my mouth.
“Watch where you’re going next time.” I smirked at her.
She turned around and glared right past me. She slammed the door, I laughed.

I put a hand on my cheek where she had kissed me and sighed. The nurse entered the room again. She looked at me and chuckled.
“Go back to class Paul.” She said and handed me a pass to the teacher.
I nodded and walked out in the hallway.

The only thing I did for the next three hours was thinking about Elia, her hair and her smile and her frown. I got pulled out of my daze when I sat down with my full lunch tray - it was double the normal portion - at the lunch table where the losers I called friends sat, Jacob, Quil and Embry.
“Where were you first period?” Jacob asked.
I stared at them. “I imprinted.”
Their mouth fell open before they all burst out laughing.
“Who?” Embry asked when he had control of his laughter.
“The new girl, Elia. She doesn’t like me though.” I grumbled.
“What? A girl that doesn’t like Paul Talley? She must be blind.” Quil said between girlie giggles.
I hit the table with my fist. “She is.”
They stared at me wide eyed before they started laughing again.

Fucking idiots! I stood up and walked out of school.
“I’m going to get her.” I mumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen