Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Silly.

[Elia's Point of View]

“Go lay down. I’ll come up with some hot chocolate.” Darin kissed the top of my head before he went to the kitchen. I threw my hands in air and made my way to my bedroom. I managed to find a pair of sweats and a t-shirt and changed into it. I put my hair up in a bun. I lay down under my covers and frowned. I really love Darin, but sometimes he can be a little too over protective.
The door opened. “Here you go bambina.” I smelled the delicious smell of chocolate and smiled.
“Please don’t call me bambina, Darin, no one understands.”
“I don’t care what the others understand. You’ll always be my bambina sorella.” He put a hand on my forehead.
“When’s ma coming home?” I asked and stretched my hand out for the cup. He placed it in my hand carefully.
“She thought she could make it to ten. But she wasn’t sure, there may come in more patients.” I heard Darin walk to the door. “Get some sleep, bambina.” I could hear his smile.
The door was closed silently. I fell asleep.

It felt like only minutes later when I heard Darin yell. “Elia, it’s for you!”
I groaned and got up. I walked carefully, but clumsily down the stairs and to the front door.
“Who is it?” I asked.
“It’s me.” I heard a voice say. It sounded amused.
I thought for a while until it clicked. “Oh, Paul.” I blushed when I remembered what I was wearing. “Why are you here?”
“I wanted to see how you were doing.” He still sounded amused.
“I’m good, anything else?” I wanted to close the door and go change.
“Yeah… do you want to go for a walk? I could show you around.” His tone was embarrassed.
I furrowed my brows and then smiled at where I thought his face was. “Just let me go change.”

I ran up to my room, I only fell two times. I took on what I was wearing earlier and let my hair down.
I heard Paul gasp when I walked to the door again. “What? I do have pants on, right?” I asked.
“Yeah, it was nothing. Come on.”
I put one some shoes that fit me and walked out after him. “Where are we going?” I asked after a few minutes of silence.
“Down to First Beach.” It sounded like he didn’t care.
I laughed at the name. “Are there a second and third beach to?”
“Yeah, there is actually.”

I became silent again. I fell on a stone and caught myself with my hands. “Ouch.” I said as I stood up again.
Paul took my hands in his. “You scraped your palms.” He sounded angry.
“Sorry.” I said in a harsh tone, before I crossed my arms over my chest and started walking again.
He sighed behind me before he jogged and caught up with me. “I’m sorry. Here, jump up.”
“What?” I asked, not understanding what he meant.
“On my back, silly, I don’t want you to fall again.” He chuckled.
I put my arms out before me and felt my way to his back. He bent down and helped me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I think he smiled. I could feel his muscles move under me as he jogged. I put my head on his shoulder and sighed. I felt very safe with Paul. I didn’t know why, because so far all we did was arguing.
“We’re here.” He said and helped me down.
I could hear the waves. “It must be really beautiful.”
“It is. Don’t you want to sit?” he had obviously sat down.
“I don’t want to ruin my pants.” I frowned.
“Then sit in my lap.”
I thought about it for a second. Sit in the lap of a stranger? Darin would have killed me if he saw it. “Okay.” I grinned slightly.
Paul took my hand and dragged down in his lap. It was very comfortable; I put my head against his chest and listened to his heart beat. He wrapped his arms around me. They were really hot.
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen