Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

I'm Not Afraid.

[Elia's Point of View]

Paul helped me getting dressed the next morning. He had brought me breakfast in bed and we had been cuddling for what seemed like hours.
“Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you?” Paul asked me for the hundredth time.
I turned to hug him. “No Paul, I need to talk to Darin alone. But I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”
“Sure…” he mumbled.
I smiled as I put a hand on his cheek. “I love you.”
I could feel his smile. “I love you too. Come on. I have some patrolling to do anyways.”

He lifted me up in his arms before he walked out the door, I could walk just perfectly fine, but it didn’t seem like Paul thought so. I didn’t complain though; I loved the feeling of his strong arms around me.
“Do you want me to follow you inside?” He asked and placed me down on my feet again.
I sighed. “I can do this on my own.” I kissed his cheek and turned to the door.
Paul pulled me back against his chest.
“I’m going to miss you today.” He said in my hair.
I chuckled. “It’s going to be okay. We haven’t been apart for a week.”
“Soo..?” Paul wondered.
“I’ll miss you too wolfie. See you.” I turned around again, but Paul stopped me again, this time with a kiss.
“Seriously, we have to discuss my new nickname.” He laughed and kissed me again.
I kissed him back. “No we don’t, I like it.”

I opened the door and walked inside before he had the chance to stop me again.
“Darin?” I called.
“Coming!” He yelled from upstairs, there were some shuffling noises and hushed voices.
I furrowed my eyebrows and waited.

Someone walked down the stairs.
“Hey Elia.” Darin kissed my head.
“Someone is in a better mood.” I commented and hugged him.
He chuckled. “Yeah.”
Another pair of footsteps came down the stairs.
My eyes widened when I heard Leah.
“I’ll better head home.” She sounded really embarrassed.
“Leah?!” I asked in shock.
“Elia.” She hugged me.
“You spent the night?” I asked in the same shocked voice.
“I’ll talk to you soon Elia.” Darin said it in a tone that indicated for me to leave the subject.

Darin walked Leah to the door. “I’ll call you later.” He murmured so quietly that I’m sure I couldn’t have heard it if I hadn’t this good hearing.
“You do that.” Leah said back.
Then I heard kissing sounds. I had to fight hard not to break out in a victory dance.

I composed myself when the door closed. “Is there anything you want to tell me, brother?” I asked in a voice that sounded like I didn’t care.
Darin ignored my question. “Have you had any breakfast? I’m starving.” He put an arm around my shoulder and walked into the kitchen.
“Paul made me breakfast.”
I was silent as Darin made himself food. He was too. But the silence got a little tense when he sat down beside me and still hadn’t said anything.

“You and Leah worked things out?” I wondered.
I could hear his smile. “We did.”
“And she spent the night with you.”
He didn’t say anything.
“Don’t worry Darin; I know how hard it is to resist the imprinting.” I smiled and put a hand on his.
Darin was staring at me. “You and Paul haven’t… you know… done it?”
I put my hands up. “No, not at all. Paul thinks we should wait.”
“Good.” He sighed in relief.
I slapped his shoulder.

“What did Leah tell you?” I asked after a new silence.
“Pretty much everything.” Darin said quietly.
“And what do you think about it?”
He shrugged. “I don’t know. I love Leah. But it’s all kind of freaky. How did you react?”
I chuckled. “I broke down in tears.”
“What?”

“Yeah. I was at the bonfire with everyone and listened to the legends and I wanted so badly to experience something like imprinting. And when Paul told me they were true and phased I was terrified; of him and of losing him. I was terrified that he would imprint on someone. Stupid me didn’t understand he had already imprinted on me. He then explained everything, and I’m not afraid anymore.” I explained to him. “But why did you come to Paul’s house yesterday so furious?”
“I- I’m so sorry. It was just, I don’t know. Leah told me about Emily and how Sam hurt her. I was afraid Paul would do the same to you.” He stood up and rinsed his plate.

“You have to stop worrying about me Darin. I can take care of myself, and I have Paul.” I stood up as well and walked into the living room.
Darin walked in and sat down beside me. “You can have as many boyfriends you want; I’ll never stop worrying about you.”
“I know.” I leaned on his shoulder.

“I was meaning to tell you, the job I did in New York was very well paid.” He sounded happy.
“What do you mean?” I asked and sat up straight, hope boiling in my stomach.
“We can almost afford your operation.” Darin put his arms around me and held me against his chest.
I could feel tears prickling my eyelids as I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.
Thank you.” I whispered and tears were streaming down my face. I didn’t realize how much I wanted the surgery.
“I’m always here bambina.” He stroked my hair softly.
“I love you Darin.” I said.
“And I love you Elia.” He kissed my forehead.

Just then I heard the front door open.
“We’re home!” It was our mom.
I jumped up and ran to hug her and Valeira.
“I’ve missed you!” I told them.
“We have missed you too bambina.” My mother said lovingly.
“How have your week been?” Val asked.
“Amazing.” I grinned. “Guess who got a new girlfriend!”
“Who?” they asked in unison.
“Darin!” I said with a smile.
Darin walked up behind me. “And guess whose Paul new girlfriend.”

“You two… I have been gone for less than a week and you have both got yourself a boyfriend and girlfriend.” Our mother hugged us both.
“I’m not afraid to live.” I said proudly.
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen