Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Kidnapping.

[Paul's Point of View]

“Pa-aul, please tell me where we’re going!” Elia begged for the fifth time in five minutes. We had been driving for only ten minutes.
“How about you try to guess.” I suggested with a smile.
“You’re kidnapping me.” She turned in her seat so her back was against the door of the car.
“No, I asked your mother for permission, so it’s not technically kidnapping.” I brushed my fingers over her cheek quickly.
“But the bags you packed indicate that we are staying away for a few days, which means we’ll drive further than Port Angeles. And if you had to ask my mother for permission, and she said yes, you had a pretty good excuse.” Elia mused and put a hand on her chin.
“Correct.”

“I have no idea. Maybe we are running away to Vegas to get married. Or- no, that’s all I have.” Elia sighed in frustration.
I laughed. “We’re not going to Vegas, when we are getting married we’ll have a big white wedding, with all our families and friends.”
She beamed at me. “Really?”
“Yes.” I smiled.
“But please tell me Paul!” she gave me the puppy eyes and pouted. “Please, wolfie, I want to know.” She looked away so innocently.
I groaned, knowing I couldn’t keep silent anymore. “Fine; we’re visiting my grandparents in Brinnon.”

“What?” Elia asked in shock.
I sighed. “We can turn back home if you don’t want to.”
“No! I would love to meet your grandparents. But what if they don’t like me?”
“They’ll love you almost as much as I do. I’m their eldest grandchild, so they are very – I don’t know what to call it – they are very pleased and happy no matter what I do.” I chuckled.
“Okay…. So tell me about them, what are they like?” Elia smiled again.

“They are my mother’s parents and they are farmers. They have many horses and a few sheep. My grandmother, Norma, is very lovingly, and don’t be afraid if she attacks you with a hug. Her food is delicious. I’m named after my grandfather, so his name is also Paul. He is a quiet man and is mostly with the horses, I don’t think he is riding them so much anymore, because of his age, but he is teaching kids and selling and breeding horses at all time.”
“I don’t think I have been with any horses since the last time I was back home in Italy.” Elia told me.

“I’m sure you’ll like them. I use to ride one of the stallions when I visit, he’s called Pretty Boy.”
Elia laughed. “That’s a funny name.”
“Yeah, I was there the summer he was born, and when grandpa called him pretty boy all the time, I did to, so we just named him that.” I laughed too, remembering the summer ten years ago.

Elia listened as I told her about my grandparents. I also told her how my parents met there when my dad worked with the horses; how my grandparents helped me and my mother after my father died.
“You really love them.” Elia said after I had talked about them for almost an hour.
“Yes, and I’m sure you will to after meeting them.” I smiled.

“Is it much longer till we get there?” Elia asked and yawned.
“An hour, try to sleep little monster, I’ll wake you when we get there.”
She yawned again and I chuckled.
“You’re probably right. Happy birthday, wolfie.” She bent over and kissed my cheek before she snuggled into the car seat.
Elia was snoring softly not long after, and mumbling my name – as usual.

Elia would be the first girl I ever brought to meet my grandparents. Norma was almost crying with joy when I told her on the phone last week. And she have been calling me every day to make sure we were still coming. I was proud to finally getting to show Elia to other people than just the pack, and I knew my grandfather was getting pretty tired of having to talk sense into me every time my mother called in tears, scared that I would ruin my life with all the girls and screw the world attitude.

I was happy to finally show that I had grown up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Becca made me this banner.

~ BreeVixen