Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Rude.

[Elia's Point of View]

“We’re here, monster.” Paul shook my shoulder.
My neck was a little stiff after sleeping in the car seat. “’Kay. Are we sleeping at your grandparent’s house?” I asked discreetly.
Paul laughed; he probably understood what I meant. “I booked us a room at the motel.” He brushed his finger across my cheek.
I blushed a little. “Okay.”
“Don’t be nervous.” Paul chuckled and got out of the car.

I opened my door and Paul took my hand and helped me stand up. “They are going to love you.”
“Have you told them I’m blind?” I asked as he led me up a road.
“No… But they’ll be okay with it.” Paul kissed my hand, but I stopped and pulled away from him.
“They will think I’m weird.” I said and crossed my arms over my chest.
“Elia, don’t be ridiculous!” Paul put a hand on my shoulder, I shrugged away from it.
“You have to warn me about these things Paul!” I scowled.
“Baby, it’s going to be okay, stop overreacting.” Paul pulled me into a hug.
“I’m not overreacting.” I mumbled against his shirt.
“Yes you are.” He kissed my hair. “Are you ready to meet them now? ‘cause they are staring from the kitchen window.” Paul took my hand and laughed quietly.
“Sure.” I started walking again.

“Grams?” Paul called as he walked us through a door.
“Oh, Paulie!” Someone pulled Paul into a hug; I smelled the strong scent of a perfume I didn’t recognize. “We have been waiting, what took you so long?”
Paul laughed. “We had to eat dinner with our friends, and we’re not that late.”
“It doesn’t matter, you are here now.” The woman gushed on. “And this must be Elia.”
I smiled a little. “It’s nice to meet you, Norma.”
“Hm… a little rude are you?” she muttered.
“Excuse me?” I asked shocked.
“Elia is blind, grams, she didn’t see your hand.” Paul explained and wrapped an arm around my waist.
“Blind? Oh I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you.” She took my hand and squeezed it.
I smiled. “It’s okay, it happens all the time.”
“Paulie, it’s rude to stare!” Norma snapped her fingers in front of Paul’s face.
I could feel his eyes on me.
We laughed. “Sorry.”
“Now come on, you are just in time for dessert.” I felt a gush of her perfume again as she turned around and disappeared.

“Paulie?” I asked and laughed.
“Stop it. Grams is the only one allowed to call me it, so don’t get any ideas.” He ruffled my hair.
I snickered and leaned on his arm as we walked into what I assumed to be the kitchen.
“You made brownies?!” Paul said in a very childish manner. I smiled.
“I made a double, knowing you would come.” Norma placed two plates in front of us.
“Good to see you kiddo.” A man said from across the table.
“You too granddad. How’s the horses?”
“Same old, same old. I’m happy to finally see you have settled down with someone. You must have a lot of patience to be with him, Elia.” the old man joked.
“Paul has changed a lot after I met him sir.” I smiled.
“That good to hear.” It sounded like he was reading a paper.

“You aren’t quillayute, are you?” Norma asked me.
“No, I’m from Italy, but I moved to America when I was around six.” I answered.
“Italy. Why did you move?” she started reminding me about a old too curious woman.
“Norma, let the girl take a breath.” Paul sr. told his wife.
I smiled a little. “No it’s okay.” Paul squeezed my hand reassuringly. “My father died when I was five, and my mother wanted to get a fresh beginning with our lives.”
“So it’s only you and your mother?” she asked.
“I have an older brother.” I sighed inwardly. “This brownie is delicious.” I said before she had a chance to ask me a new question.
“Thank you Elia. It’s an old family recipe, maybe I’ll give it too you someday.” She said.
“That would be great, but I can’t cook.” I admitted.

She was silent. I was embarrassed.
“It’s completely normal not to know how to cook, and Elia is getting an eye surgery that will make her see again, so she’ll learn.” Paul said defensibly.
“Well.” Norma replied.
“You two can take Pretty Boy on a tour tomorrow if you want.” Paul sr. said before his wife could manage to offend me more.
“Thanks granddad.” Paul said.
“No problem kiddo.” Paul sr. seemed to me a very quiet man.

“Thank you for the dessert, but we’ll head over to the motel now.” Paul stood up; I did as well.
“Are you leaving already?” Norma asked us in shock.
“We’ll be back first thing tomorrow for breakfast.” Paul reassured her.
“Good, Jim is bringing Vicky over.”
“I haven’t seen them in ages.” Paul smiled. “Bye grams. Granddad.” He hugged his grandmother as Paul sr. mumbled a goodbye.

I sighed in relief when we were outside. “Your grandmother doesn’t like me.”
“Don’t care about her; she can be a little difficult. Come on; I’m sure your exhausted.” He led me to the car.
I smirked. “Not really. But I’m sure we’ll find something to do.”
“Really; and what would that be?” he asked me and started the engine.
“I’m not stupid Paul. You didn’t bring me this far from La Push only to meet your grandparents.” I put my hand on his thigh and I felt him tense up immediately.
“And what makes you think that?” he asked in a strained voice as I rubbed circles with my hand.
“It’s been what; five weeks since you said we would wait?”
“Two months and one day.” He blurted out.
I laughed. “See?”
“I’m still saying, we don’t have to do anything you don’t want to.” He took my hand in his.
“Stop it Paul, I’m ready, okay.” I told him sternly.
“Whatever you say.” He smiled.

I waited in the lobby as Paul was checking in.
“You want me to carry you up the stairs?” he asked me.
“I can walk, Paulie.” I grinned and took his hand.
“Don’t call me that!” he surprised me with throwing me over his shoulder and walking up the stairs.
I started pounding my fist on his back, he only laughed.
“You are mean.” I pouted.
“You called me Paulie.” He replied. “I would prefer if you’d stick with wolfie.”
“Then wolfie it is.” I laughed as he let me down on the floor again.

Paul unlocked the door and walked into the room. I followed and removed my shoes.
“My feet hurt.” I whined.
“Do toy want me to give you a foot massage?” Paul led me to the bed.
“Yes.” I lay down and stretched; Paul sat crossed legged at the end of the bed with my feet in his hands.

We didn’t say anything for a long time. It was a good silence, but Paul broke it and stood up.
“I have something for you.” He said and I sat up in the bed and crossed my legs.
“You don’t have to give me anything, it’s your birthday.” I smiled as he sat down beside me again.
“I’m giving it to you anyway.” He took my left hand and put a ring on my finger. My eyes widened. “I’m not asking you to marry me; it’s an promise ring.” He explained.
“What are you promising me?” I asked and felt the contours of the ring with my right-hand fingers.

Paul took my hand and held it in his. “I promise to love you forever; I promise to stay by your side no matter what happens; I promise that one day, I’ll change this ring with a real engagement ring and ask you to be my wife.”
A tear ran down my cheek. “Thank you.”
Paul kissed it away. “I love you Elia.”
“I love you too, more than you could possibly understand.” I wrapped my arms around him. “Is it okay if I give you my present another time?” I asked.
“I don’t want anything else than you.” He kissed my forehead.
I chuckled. “We are turning into one of those couples you see in movies, the one that tell each other one cliché after the other.”
“I like it this way.” Paul said and lifted my head to kiss my lips forcefully.
I pulled away for a second. “I do to.”

Paul kissed me again and again and again. And then lifted my dress over my head and roamed my body. It all felt so fantastic, so absolutely right. He removed my bra and underwear; and I have never felt so naked before, but I enjoyed the feeling of his eyes and hands on me. I sat up straddling his waist and removing his shirt before unbuckling his pants; he helped me pulling them down.

Damn, Elia, you’re so fucking amazing.” Paul whispered in my ear softly.
Be careful with me.”
“I’ll make you feel so good.

He said to me before we were joined together every possible way.
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen